Gannon University Top Questions

Danielle

That there was a pool of money to dip into if I was offered more financial aid from another school.

TAMMY

I wish that I would have known that even though I am an older student and single mother of five children, I can get my education. I would have started many years ago.

wilfried

I wish I would have known about some of the scholarships that I qualify for, as well as the exact final price as to what the total price for my tuition and campus staying would be.

The administrators of the school were very helpful in making sure I knew everything the school had to offer

Nichole

Cute boots are a necessity. Whether it is snowing or raining, boots are a great addition to anyones wardrobe. Erie's weather tends to change a lot, but by being prepared and having a pair of boots to match the weather, the weather will not have the advantage. Boots make walking anywhere fun, easy, and accessible.

Brandy

I wish I would have known how great of a school I was going to attend. I wish I would have been more prepared for how great of a school I was going to attend. It has the perfect balance of education and clubs and activities.

Anthony

I wish I had known that there were more social events provided on campus when you first start school.

Chelsea

Before I came to Gannon, I wish I would have known the Erie area better. It's fascinating discovering local businesses, but I would save so much time if I knew more. There are so many resources in downtown Erie for college students. Sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out.

Iynez

Although I will be new to this university, I would have loved to know where we could apply to get more scholarships, also it would have been nice if there was a place where all the students (roommates)could log in and chat to get to know each other :)

Kerry

I wish I would have known about sororities. I am happy with my involvement in clubs and honor societies, but I would like more social engagement. Because I am not very close to home, I would like to make more friends to enjoy time when I am not studying.

Adam

Before attending Gannon University, I wish that I would have been informed about the student housing agrrements. When you arrive at Gannon University as a freshman, unless you live in what is known as a commuters distance, you must live in Gannon Freshman housing. This means that you have a freshman curphew for the first four weeks of school, and also states that you must live in Gannon housing one year after your freshman year.

Amber

I wish I would have known more about my chosen major. I am in a program that allows me to recieve a bachelors of health science within 3 years at Gannon and then I apply to medical school. I wish I would have known how you go about doing that so that I would have made closer teacher relationships for letter of reccomendation reasons. I also wish I would have known how different college is from high school. As in how much harder it is. (Compared to my high school)

Things I wished I had known before I came to school here is mostly just the nicknames of things anad the shortcuts that make getting to class so much easier. Knowing that the Hammermill was actually connected to the Waldron, so you didn't have to go all the way outside and walk all the way around would have been nice to know, in addition to knowing that "Meet me at Jesus" is not a joke. There is a Jesus statue, and yes, people do meet there. Oh, and A.J.'s way is faster than the sidewalks.

Maria

Before I came to Gannon University, I wish I knew more about the city and the area in which its located in, because I was unaware of the crime that went on in and around the Gannon campus. Downtown Erie is not as safe as I would have thought and I wish I knew this before I came to the school.

Cody

I wish that I would have known how strict this university was regarding its policies.

Kayla

i wish that before i got to gannon i had been more involved in my religion. when i got here i really started going to church and getting involved in retreats and faith sharing groups here on campus and i really enjoy it. It has really opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on things. i think that going to a catholic school has really brought out the best in me even though i didn't originally come here because of that reason. i was actually kind of skeptical about that to begin with.

Kelly

I wish I'd known that there was a very limited choice in electives. I always had empty credits I didn't know what to do with. It's also a very, very small school and I feel the education was good but it was very overpriced as well.

Syed

About the weather

Andrew

I wish I had known how small Gannon truly is. I heard there were about 6,000 enrolled here which at the time seemed like a decent amount. I also wish I had known the "sign-in" policy at the dorms. If you live in a freshman dorm (Finegan or Werle Hall), you are required to sign-in any guest of the oppsite sex if you intend to take them up to your room. Also, during the week, visitors to your room of the opposite sex must leave by 11:30pm. On the weekend they must leave by 2pm.

There weren't any surprises when I came here. I wish I would have know what exactly "lake effect snow" meant. Snow here isn't quite like at home.

Teague

I wish I had known how big greek life is on campus because Gannon is somewhat cliquey in this regard.

Brandon

I wish I would have known more about the financial aid programs that were available to student's who attend Catholic colleges. There are numerous ways to obtain grants and funding without having to take out loans that would have helped put me in a better financial situation than I am currently in.

Kathleen

One thing I wished I would have know better is to organized myself more. Not sure with physical things, but balancing free time and school work.

Erin

nothing i think everything was wall planned out. freshamn are babysat a little too much but other than that and the meal plan being dumb it's ok

Christina

To get more involved...that's how you will meet most of your friends that do not have the same major as you. The sororities are also a major source of social activities

Rules and policies. What I needed to get done for my major to stay on track...

how to study properly

Joseph

I wish i would of had a better understanding of how much work college actully is. Gannon is very intense and you have to keep up with yout work or else you might not do as well as you want to here.