Gannon University

« See more reviews of Gannon University

The area around gannon, while being a smaller city, remains culturally diverse; there are equal oppurtunities for students to participate in various ethnic celebrations (Irish, Polish, and German Festivals) as well as religious affiliations (Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, etc.) Furthermore, the academic excellence, as well as integrity, of the faculty remains a hallmark of Gannon University. The professors, from my experience, are always glad to assist students with work, both in class as well as independent projects. As a whole, Gannon is a top-notch institution.

Honestly, the semester just began and I have yet to have my first class so all I can base my decision on is the administrators that I have dealt with to this point. If the rest of the school is a reflection of the administration then I am happy to be attending. Never have I received such attention and caring when applying to an institution and step by step instruction on what exactly was needed on my part was amazing. I can tell that this will be my favorite educational facility that I have attended to this point.

What I consider to be the best thing at my school is the students, faculty and staff. Everyone here is just friendly, and real. I just feel like everyone here is themself, all the time, and everyone else is pretty okay with that. I'm not sayin everybody is friends with everyone else, I'm just saying everyone for the most part part is accepting of everyone else's beliefs, traditions, and personalities. I like that I can be myself and not have to pretend to be somebody else just to feel at home. I feel at home here.

The support of the entire Gannon staff is dedicated to your success. They are there for YOUR success and not simply a paycheck, and it shows! I attended Edinboro University of PA for 2 semesters and could not have been more disappointed with that school...The teachers at Gannon are fantastic and the staff actually steps up and is helpful! It's kind of hard to mess up at Gannon, due to all the academic support that is available to you. But the classes are pretty tough and they do take time in order to pass!

The best aspect of my school is the size and relationship with my professors. I love to walk around campus and see people I know and at times see some I do not. I am able to get to know my professors and talk to them. This is such an advantage because they know your name and work with you. They really get to know you and you know them so it really helps with conquering the course. They really try to help you succeed and if you work hard they know your trying. Relationship with your teacher is key.

There are several outstanding characteristics about Gannon University. Personally, I found the genuine interest in each student a major attribute. Not all students are the same, and I came to Gannon after taking three years off from school. Also, I had to plan accordingly, because I also have a son to take care of. Gannon was able to work with me and find the best classes and time schedules that would help me excel in both my personal and academic life.

The best thing I consider to be about my school is the wonderful professors. They are very knowledgeable and are usually doing research in the field that they are teaching. Willing to go above and beyond to help you learn the information if you seek out their help, and also willing to help you find a tutor if you need one. They are not only great teachers, but great people as well that you can respect and get along with inside or outside of class.

the opportunities that Gannon gives are great especially for their Nursing Program it helps you learn the basics and of course the hand on hand stuff that will come in very handy once you go out in the field to do you work. Not only that but they also give out other majors like business, also its a great school to focus your study in two different catagories you could major and minor in two things that you would like to do with your life.

I love that the campus is spread out within the city so you are not far from the action. You can easily go to the docs for lunch and be back in time for your afternoon classes. Also because it is in the city you can easily meet with employers around the area. Being a catholic university, there is ample opportunity to spiritually replenish yourself witch may be helpful when dealing with the stressors of academics.

The best thing about Gannon is the friendly atmosphere and camaraderie that the students and faculty share. When you walk on campus, everyone says hello to you and it feels like home. Gannon is a friendly community of students. Students at Gannon are exciting, friendly, and outgoing and it is these qualities that make Gannon?s campus truly remarkable. That is the best part about Gannon.