Gannon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gannon University

Emilee

Gannon has great academics and professors that are usually there to help you learn. One of the worst things about this school is the fact you take so many liberal arts classes. I do not think my courses should be 90% required ones that I do not want to be in. I also think that there is not enough things happening on campus.

I love everything about Gannon. We have such wonderful academic and social environments, that everyone can feel at home. The academics can be challenging, but it. The programs Gannon offers are incredible and I’m so proud to say I go to Gannon and am enrolled in the accelerated physician assistant program.

Sherin

All throughout high school, I was sure that I wanted to attend a huge university. The more people, the more chances I have to make friends, right? So, when I decided on coming to Gannon, I was a bit wary of how small it was. Fortunately, I had nothing to worry about. The small campus suits me. Learning in a classroom of thirty students rather than hundreds is a major advantage. The professors truly do know you by name, and they are willing to help at any time. The size of the school does not at all indicate its resources either. We have great opportunities for research and study abroad, two things I am extremely interested in. As far as the student body goes, I was so surprised to learn how diverse Gannon is. Last graduation, about 26 different countries were represented! Being Indian myself, I was a bit self-conscious about whether I would stick out like a sore thumb here at Gannon, and I am so happy to say that I am only one small part of an exceptional international community. The only downside to Gannon is the location of the campus itself. While some areas of Erie, PA are certainly safe, other areas can be of concern. As you get to know the area, it gets better, but it is still important to walk with others late at night and always be aware of safety. Also, if you hate the cold, Gannon may not be the place for you. The snow and cold are elevated due to our close proximity to Lake Erie, but on the other hand, Lake Erie sunsets are some of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see.

Katelyn

It is a fun campus in a great location in downtown Erie. It became almost a second home to me, and there is nowhere else I'd rather be

I love it that's why I'm planning to go to college there!!!!! My brother graduated from Gannon and often I would get to visit him. I would dream of also getting the opportunity to go to Gannon and now that I am a senior in high school I can finally apply. Hopefully I get in! <3 When ever I came to visit I felt safe in the area and the coaches that I were able to meet seemed pretty amazing and the best thing is that Gannon now has a female wrestling team.

Nico

Imagine being in the epicenter of a small city that's always lively and with a beautiful lake nearby. I, myself, find Gannon to be a good fit for me as a college student. Gannon is a good fit because of how accessible everything is, the classes, and many other factors. Being on campus at Gannon, it is easy to get to State Street which holds a wide variety of restaurants and other stores to meet your needs. My personal favorites are U Pick 6 Tap House, their Beef on a Bagel is to die for, and the Thai restaurant a few blocks down. The restaurants to hit up are Voodoo, Otis 12, and Molly Branigans. You also have stores like RiteAid and CVS to pick up necessities. Then you have Presque Isle which is a small little beach area perfect for spending those warm sunny days along with an amusement/water park a few miles away. The lake is around five streets away giving a wonderful view of it. Fun fact: the buildings in Erie are small so they don't abstract the view of Lake Erie. The campus buildings are all close to each other allowing one to travel from one side of campus to the other at a nice brisk walk. The classes are a good small size allowing your professors to know who you are by name. They are very helpful and understanding as to how hard college can be for some of us. The biggest class size I had so far was around twenty-ish kids in a normal sized classroom.

Christopher

I am screwed with student loans. The financial office was absolutely no help with anything - I was in there a lot and never got answers. Terrible school for a military member. I am in the Air Force reserves and they could not process paperwork properly for me (never got my payment but military records show it was sent so school kept my money). I have since graduated and went to the office of career development for placement/job search assistance - again no help! The guy told me to look around online (yeah I already do that) and there was no follow up at all ! I am looking for a job on my own but the schools claim to help with placement is a complete lie. Going to GANNON DID HELP ME IN ANYWAY. I AM STUCK WITH LOANS FROM A SCHOOL THAT ONLY WANTED MY MONEY AND HAS NOT ENHANCED MY CAREER.

Craig

I am proud to say that I go to Gannon university. Although it is very expensive, the facilities are very nice, and there is a healthy academic environment. The professors seem to actually care about you and your goals in life, and are willing to help you in and out of class.

Kennedy

Gannon University is a very welcoming school. You feel at home even when you are not. All the students are extremely friendly and always there to help. When you are there, you get the full experience of the campus life. You see the students socializing, participating in extracurriculars, and studying. It may be a smaller campus, but it is definitely a lively one.

Madison

I loved Gannon. I went for a year but transferred closer to home and that was a big mistake. I miss the people, professors, advisors, and all of the friendly faces that walked around campus. It was a very family oriented community and although the winters were a little snowy for my liking, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Andrea

Gannon University feels like a family. While walking around campus you feel like you're part of a family. Friendly faces are everywhere - including students, staff, and community members. The people at Gannon University truly care about your academics, your athletics, and your health - mentally, emotionally, and physically. I would recommend Gannon to anyone looking for a close knit community.

Gannon University is a good place for those that are interested in medicine, business, or the arts. It isn't necessarily the best school in an aspect but it is overall above average. The professors are always lovely, albeit not always the best at teaching. They're always available whether in person or over email or text and there is definitely a strong support system for those that look for or rely on it.

Gannon University is a great school. If you are out of state (as I was), it can be very expensive. It's smack dab in the city of Erie so it is very convenient to walk to places or a short drive to get groceries or anything off campus. The athletics aren't obviously as amazing as a big D1 school's would be but a lot of students attend and they're very exciting. Off-campus living is very affordable. My biggest concern with Gannon would be to make sure your degree will be worth the debt you will graduate with (if you do graduate with debt).

morgan

Gannon University is an amazing school that treats its student's as family and loves to help students learn. Their academics are outstanding and the school is breathtakingly located in downtown Erie. As a traditional Catholic school, Gannon offers Sunday Mass and church services for those who practice their religion. All religions, races, ethnicities, and cultures are welcomed to Gannon's very diverse and cultured family. Definitely, a college to consider for liberal studies, health careers, engineering, and a wide variety as well.

Kate

I absolutely LOVE Gannon University! Ever since I stepped foot on campus, I have fallen in love and continue to do every time I'm in school. The friends I've made and the people I've met will continue to influence me for a long time. Gannon University has changed my life for the better!

Alfin

Greattttt

My overall opinion is that they are constantly updating facilities trying to make them better. It is a very family feel here at Gannon and it's always easy to seek out help if you need it. The academics are challenging but they prepare you well for future classes and you career. I love it at Gannon and wouldn't choose to go anywhere else.

Adam

It is a great academic school. You have to work for your grades if you wish to succeed. Teachers try to be extra helpful and assist us extra during office hours. Great opportunities in multiple areas of study and extracurricular things too. Plus being in the center of Erie you can fin things to do and great places to eat. If you need help you just need to ask.

connor

one time i walked into the bathroom and there was barbie heads hanging from the stall. The bodies were in the toilet. all the people in this collage is tiktokers. If you go into the bathroom and boom there is people making tiktoks. It like so anoying. Its like a zombie invasion.

Dina

In Gannon students get good education, faculty and professors do their best to take students to the required academic level.

Natalia

It is a very safe place with a surrounding that screams 'home' and 'private'. It has a gorgeous campus, plenty of social life, many career pathways, alot of aids. It just embodies all Christian values. Kindness and respect doesn't have to be encouraged because it is always implemented through teachers, students, and faculty. Recommend 10/10!

Alexander

I must say Gannon is one of the most prestigious and relaxed colleges on the East Coast. When it comes to campus life, Gannon isn’t as big as some of the other colleges/universities on the East Coast, but the quality of life is great. Gannon has great professors and being a small school the professors are always available. Some of the professors were high-rank doctors, lawyers, etc. and they were all willing to help students at any time. To me, this gave me an extra sense of security when it came to curriculum I didn’t understand right away. Who better to speak with about your concentration or major than a highly skilled professional that serves as your professor. I don’t mind the cold weather because I am a native of Maryland. Everyone is friendly with a true sense of hospitality, unlike other cities in the East Coast. Overall, the school is a private institution so the tuition is more than your average 4 year college or university, but it’s more than worth it in my opinion.