Garden City Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Garden City Community College

Anne

When I first came to the school, I had an overwhelming general anxiety disorder that became a disability. Every teacher and every student gave me a flood of support for my disease, and I found others who had it as well. Despite my disability, I had most of my general education credits finished since Garden City Community College did outreach courses an hour and a half away at Greeley County High School, so I didn't have to really do anything besides my degree and the occasional English or Economics class. Since I could almost solely focus on my major, my art education was leaps and bounds above my little high school. I learned concepts that didn't just apply to art, my instructors applied them to my morals. Other factions of my college, such as the band, made the college one-hundred times more welcoming. I still talk to my underclassmen, faculty, and other forms of staff, even from other sectors of my college, even though I haven't been enrolled there for almost a year. I have made other connections outside of the college or to other alumni through the friends I made there. I also still associate with other pieces of the college, such as the Residential Life, administration, Campus Police, and cafeteria workers. They've become my best friends and mentors. Speaking of cafeteria workers, they go above and beyond the call of duty. When they were away in the middle of the summer, they left us food to keep our sides apart. They also had a program to give us food in case classes kept us from cafeteria hours. Unfortunately, the athletic department brings in awful students who trash the dorms, fill themselves with any drug they can get their hands on (including fecal matter), make me feel unsafe once in a while, and lower the junior college to a grade-school level, but everything else offsets the damage they do. I deeply enjoyed my experience there, and in Garden City, Kansas I've stayed.

Aubrey

It is a good college to start off in. Class sizes are good for one on one learning and if you feel you need extra help you can reach most professors in their office at the posted hours. Some of the teachers act like they don't want to be there so it makes the class hard to sit through.

Logan

Garden City Community College has been my home for the last 2 and a half years. I grew up in this town with a sketchy academic background. When I first started here, I needed a lot of foundation help. by the end of my career here, I have earned over 50 credit hours and come fall I am transferring to K-State. Without the amazing staff and welcoming student body I don't think I'd have made it this far!

Candace

I love the Garden City Community. I love all the people and how it is easy to get help in your classes. If you need one on one time with the teaher her office is always open or you can email them. They are always there to help you. We also have tutoring sections in the library that help you if you are struggling in a class.