McHenry, MD
Garrett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Garrett College

mikayla

Where do I begin ? Garrett College is a great institution to begin your higher education. The class ratios are very reasonable, on-on-one time with professors are available. The college's help centers are always dependable students use them to their advantages. Most professors are very flexible with office hours they are available to help. Campus life is vibrant there are usually a number of different events going on throughout each semester. The school has provided tutoring in the residence halls that has been the best thing all year. The students are very eager to learn, and we value our education. Procrastination may come upon us, but we always complete our assignments. Garrett College is a place where students excel !

Angela

My experience at Garrett College as a local student has been very fulfilling. Garrett College takes academics very seriously despite being the smallest community college in the state of Maryland. There are lots of school activities to partake in and it is a very rewarding atmosphere.

Brandon

It is overall a good college. 20 - 25 students per class. Instructors willing to go the extra mile for students that are truly willing to put forth the effort and a great atmosphere all around. Garrett College offers plenty of resources that any student has access to

Sydnee

It's a great school. The professors help you if you ask; with it being such a small college you really get that one-on-one time with your professors. They are here to see/help you succeed in your two years. It's in a very rural area so having a car is extremely recommended!

Eric

Were I given the opportunity to give my highschool self a bit of advise, it would be plain and simple. "Learn all that you can!" Organized education can only go so far. A degree is great, but, in real life, practical knowlege and experience is what really counts. There is so much around us that can be learned and experienced. A person that has a true desire to learn and takes in all the knowledge that they posssibly can is guarenteed to become a useful and successful person. So, "Weather you are sitting in class, working your part-time job, making your supper, driving home, watching tv, reading a book, playing sports, or going to church...learn! There is opportunity/knowledge everywhere."

The staff are ready and waiting to help the excelling students to achieve at a high level. I have been offered a plethera of opportunities, by professors, to take my learning and personal growth to the next level. This is all made possible by the small and personal classes.

The level of academic expectancy is a little below my level. I would personally like to be pushed to or beyond the limits of my personal abilities in order to have maximum intellectual growth. Most of the courses at Garrett College did not present themselves as a great challenge to me.

Jonathan

It has a rural basis, yet they utilize this location as a benefit--offering unique degree programs that cater to unique interests of students who find themselves here.

Through college, I have learned much about myself as a person. So often, the worlds of higher education are accused of making their students conform to a certain way of thinking. While this exists in any experience throughout life, I wouldn't find this to especially be the case with higher learning. What I have found is that college has taught me speak for myself. I have learned to express what I feel with tact and, in the right circumstances, without inhibition. College provides students with a safe, stable environment for them to test their interests, and I have found this has helped me to develop creatively. So college has been a value for me to attend because an intellectual and adventurous side of myself has been discovered that might otherwise go unnoticed. College has not given me a distaste for education, but has instead helped me realize and cherish the importance of knowledge. Through mentors in colloege, I plan on pursuing my dreams and aspirations to the fullest.

Someone who has an interest in the outdoors and wants to escape the confines of modern cities. This school offers unique oppertunities for development and learning that should interest students who want a college experience that is small and hands on.

Katie

It is the only college in my area. It is best known for letting Garrett County residents go to college free for two years.

I woul tell myself not to worry so much. It is not as scary as it seems. Its an oppurtunity to meet all kinds of new peole and form new friendships. Always stay true to yourself and not to let others affect you decision making. Do what you want, and what will make you happy in the long run.

I have had several bad experiences while being here. Some of the administration seems to not want to help students as much as they should. I have dealt wit alot of confusion there and thats why I would like to go elsewhere now.

Garrett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.