Kenosha, WI
Gateway Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gateway Technical College

Alexis

Gateway Technical College is an amazing community college. They offer over five different campuses in Southeastern Wisconsin with a variety of different degrees and certifications to learn. It is an affordable college that accepts payment plans and pay all upfront. Every one is always very nice and the professors are always there for you.

Alex

I would say to work harder in highschool, so in college its an easier transition. You are more disciplined with sitting down and studying and turning your homework in on time. Also make all the application deadlines.

That my teachers are good with their office hours and that I utilize that time in case I need help with my studies.

That it is in a bad neighborhood.

Life has a way of testing our anchors and tempting us to drift. Nevertheless, if our anchors are correctly placed in the rock of our redeemer, they will hold no matter the force of the wind, the strength of the tide, or the height of the waves. There are many ups and downs in life. The things that we think are important in high school turn out to be trivial after the fact. Focus on yourself, your future, your education that is what is most important. Not who you associate with, or what brand of clothes and shoes you wear. Treat other people with respect even if they fail to do the same. In life all you have is your reputation and being honest, kind, hard-working and trustworthy are important qualities. Hard work is what helps you succeed. You may be faced with many adversities but as long as you work hard you can make it through anything!

Someone who enjoys learning and will work hard and complete their homework and show up to class.

Someone who doesn't want to work hard and take their education seriously.

Emilie

I would remind myself that starting college is a totally different experience than high school. It doesn't matter what colleges your friends are interested in; focus on your specific career path and make sure to research all your options before settling for just anything. I would drill into my head that I would have to make a commitment to my studies. The biggest difference between high school and college is that college is being paid for by the student. The loans that are taken out to cover tuition expenses will eventually come due after graduation. Why waste your money on your education if you aren't able to dedicate time and effort to the degree? At the end of the day, the economy is in a uncertain area. The job market is changing and isn't planning on stopping anytime soon. Make yourself worth it, with the end goal in mind that I would graduate and receive my degree that would open doors to me in every aspect of life. I will be one of the few in my family that followed through after high school to receive a degree and I intend to fight hard for my dream.

I wasn't able to add t the college that I attend in Kenosha, WI - Herzing University. I wish that I would have had the college experience. I started college full-time online with Kaplan University in 2009 and grew accustomed to working on my time. Currently, I attend an evening College Algebra class from 6-10 PM two weekdays per week for this particular term. I wish I would have had the college experience before I made the decision to enroll with online schooling (Kaplan) so I would utilize my time between being a student and a mother/wife.

The worst thing that I consider a pain in the butt is the numerous user name ID/passwords that are required to enter the various sites that Herzing has to offer. To log into any online class through Herzing Blackboard, I have to enter user name ID/password, which is standard. If I want to see to my schedule for the future terms, I log onto another website. The logins that I used to enter three sites are completely different. It is hard to remember the various passwords for the numerous sites and becomes challenging when trying to access information.

Gateway is best known for it credit transfers. Most of the credits taken at Gateway will transfer over to a four-year University.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would say to work a lot harder than I did my senior year. The transition into college is a lot harder than people think. Especially if you have a lacking sort of attitude. So buckle down and get moving. College waits for no one.

In my opinion the best thing about Gateway Technical College is the class sizes. You get more one on one time with the professors and they actually treat you like a person, not just another face.

Danny

I would tell myself to really pay attention more to when the high school teachers tell you to spend a lot of time on homework. Nursing requires a lot of extra time to learn all of the information you need to be successful.

Some of the instructors aren't as empathetic towards newer or less experienced students. There are some that have a "shorter" tolerance for questions.

Limited instructor office hours makes it harder to get the extra help needed at times. Their office hours are limited due to clinical hours, as well as multiple classes.

Kristine

Gateway is best known for getting their students into a work environment either right after or even before they graduate. It seems that everyone would be happy to hire a Gateway student because of Gateways great reputation.

I would tell my self not to procrastinate anymore. In highschool I used to be able to put projects off to the last miniute and be able to get them done on time. At gateway when you get a project a few weeks ahead of the due date you really need to start it as its assigned. Alot of the time you are hit with more than one project due at the same time. My life would have been so much easier if if I would have known this prior to entering college.

I believe that anyone with a busy schedule should attend Gateway Technical College. They pride themselves on designing classes that allow a person to both work and go to school. By the time you graduate you will be a much more desierable asset to your community and will have a much easier time finding a job in your field.

Erin

Anyone who want a traditional college experience shouldn't enroll.

Anyone who want a traditional college experience shouldn't enroll.

If I could go back, the only thing I would tell my self is to work harder for scholarships and work twice as hard senior year and the first year of college. But also to not forget to keep having fun and to enjoy it while I can because it won't last.

My classmates range all over the map in age, race and major and are very open to others.

Gateway Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.