Kenosha, WI
Gateway Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gateway Technical College

Raven

My school is a school of excellence. I've seen so many individuals become successful from attending Gateway Technical College. They offer the students with over sixty associate degree and diploma programs. The staff, including teachers, administrators, counselors, and even students makes you feel welcomed. At my school, you are bound to succeed.

Knowing the things I know now about the college life, I would have told myself to make smarter decisions. By making smarter decisions I would have filled out more scholarships, not just the easy scholarships, the more challenging scholarships. I also would have visited colleges and took tours, instead of filling out applications to the schools that everyone was going to attend. As a senior I was being more of a follower and not thinking for myself. I should have taken time to think about what I really wanted to do as far as having a career. I knew what I wanted to do, but at the same time I wasnt sure. I would have told myself to be more serious, get organized, and set an example for my younger sister who was going to be a senior. Overall, I would have told myself to grow up.

When I brag to my friends about my school, I tell them that the staff are very helpful, the classes are flexible to fit my schedule, and they make sure that I am on the right track towards achieving my goals.

Katelyn

Gateway is a way for everyone to build the career they want.

Gateway is a way for everyone to build the career they want.

Seeing myself now in college and trying to go back and take classes that i missed in high school really puts a burdon on me trying to get through college to get my degree. Advice that i would give myself back in high school would be to take all the necessary classes that are important in college, especially if you know your major. I should have taken more English classes and Chemistry classes in high school, because now I am going through these classes in college and I have to pay for all these classes that could have been free in high school. Don't just take easy classes because it's your senior year. Take classes that will benefit you for your future. Do well enough that when you do get to college you won't have to take them again, because your score in high school wasn't high enough. Take as much as you can, so in college you can be one step head of everyone and yourself. Be careful on what college you choose to go to, even if it's a community college. Be aware of the classes you will need to take.

The most frustrating thing at Gateway is how different the teachers are. Every teacher has their own way in teaching, which is understandable, but with some of the teachers they will pile on a whole bunch of homework on you, whereas other teachers don't give you any homework. I would rather have a little bit of homework from each class per semester, rather than have a bunch of homework for just one class. My reasoning is you eventually get tired of that class and won't want to do the homework anymore.

Gateway Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.