Hanceville, AL
George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself would be, "Go to school now before marriage and children." You see I am a wife and a mother of two young children. Right out of highschool I choose to find a job and work until I decided what I wanted to study in college. I knew I wanted to be a wife and stay-at-home mom so I thought an education would be a waste of time and money. I would tell myself to go to college and explore careers that would allow flexiabilty in my work schedule, so that I could be at home with my children as much as needed. That is why I have choosen to become an RN. I can work when they are at school or overnight and sleep while they are at school. There is also the possibility of becoming a school nurse so that I would have the same schedule as my children. So I would tell myself a nursing career would allow me to be with my children and also contribute financially to my household.

Nothing really. I have not found anything I don't like about Wallace State Community College.

The smaller class sizes and the school's reputation for it's nursing program.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would warn myself about how different it is from high school. In high school I did not have to study any, but I still got good grades. In college to be able to do well I have to study all the time. Since I did not have to study in high school, it is harder to get into the groove to study for college. I would tell myself to study for my classes in high school, so I would be used to studing when I started taking classes in college. Also, I would tell myself to try harder to find out what I want to do, so that I would not have to be looking right now, and to apply for more scholarships to help me pay my way though college.

I think the best thing about my school is that its smaller than a 4 year college. Since I am just coming out of high school, and am going to a smaller college first, it is easier on me for my first year. The campus being smaller also makes it very easy to get around to all of my classes. Also, my teachers are very helpful if I have any questions or problems in the class.

The worst things about my school is that it is so very far away from my house. To get to school everyday I have to drive about a hour to get to my classes on time. Having to drive so far means that I use up a ton of gas on the way there and back. The commute I think is the only thing, for me, that is bad about Wallace State Community College.

Heath

My school offers a wide variety of classes and careers in a small setting. It is close to home and in a smaller community.

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would most definitely listen more to the school advisor. I made good grades and realized the importance of making good on the ACT, but I don't think I actually realized just how important the ACT score was. I did not have to take the college placement test because I had a good ACT score, however, it was not good enough to take a higher math. I had to start out in a math that I already had taken in high school. That was just wasted time. I could have been moving forward had I been a little more concerned about my grades instead of just getting by with what I could. I would definitely tell myself to take a little more time with studying, applying myself, striving to do my absolute best (not just making and A), and realizing my Momma did know what she was talking about after all.

My school is small. The classes are smaller than larger schools, so there is more one-on-one communication with the teachers and students. I feel like I am a name and a person there, not just a number and a student.

George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.