George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for George C Wallace State Community College-Hanceville

harrrison

Wallace State is The sixth best community college in the country. Out of one hundred community colleges nation wide. However this is false, for it's the best community college in the state of Alabama. The medical classes are the same level as a four year University program. At half the cost and half the time. The music program is one of the toughest programs on campus. For over twenty five years the Jazz band, concert band, and new addition of Show choir, choir and theater department have been elevating performing arts in Northern Alabama on the community college level. The faculty is one the best I have every seen. I feel that I have a personal connection to a professor who see 200 students or more a day on a regular basis. The campus is full of things to do, with an event every other week. So if you need a degree but want to take care of the basics come to Wallace state in Hancville

Danielle

It is a nice college. Everything thing looks nice and kind of new. So far I have only taken online classes, so I don't know much. They recently built their Arts building and it is really nice which means they care about the art culture as well as the science and mechanical. The teachers and staff are usually easy to contact, though there are some I would recommend waiting a couple of days to see if they respond then re-sending the email. Overall, their online classes are pretty good. The chosen books have been enjoyable, and Blackboard is easy to use though it has had some issues recently. The teachers I've had and currently have know their subject and offer materials besides the required book to help us learn everything there is to learn. I have really enjoyed attending WSCC thus far, and if I knew anyone who was looking for a community college in this area I would recommend this college.

Robert

It’s an interesting school to go to. Amazing for my first college coming from high school. The class size was much like in high school and people in college really don’t care about popularity. I met several intelligent people in college. Out of many people I met a few became my friends and now I wouldn’t trade them for the world. So my overall opinion of Wallace State College is that it is a great starting ground.

Kendall

I love Wallace! In the beginning, I did not know if I would like the size of the campus. As it turns out, I actually prefer the smaller class size. All of the teachers are extremely attentive and are ready to help at any time. I also love to take advantage of the library. There are great silent study places, computers, and other resources.

Jenna

Wallace State Community College is easy to navigate, and the student resources are amazing as well. Tutoring is almost always available, and the teachers are more than willing to help you out after class if they can. Wallace also has another small campus that also has tutoring resources and lab resources available. Overall as a two-year institution it is amazing.

Katelin

It is a great college to go to before one moves off to a bigger university. It is great to be closer to home but still get the college experience. I enjoy being close to home and still being able to get all the college experience needed for my move to Auburn University.

Ahziala

Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Alabama is a good college. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Professors are always there to help and accommodate the students if they need help, some even provide their direct phone number. The campus is safe, campus police is always around. It's a non-smoking campus that promotes clean air. Overall the college is a good college to attend.

Leyton

It is a great college and a good economical choice for students that have to work.

Victoria

Wallace State is overall a great place to be. The students are hungry for knowledge and the professors are excited to prepare us for our futures, ensuring they are always available if we need them. Instead of graffiti, I've found sticky notes proclaiming "God loves you" or simply just "Smile!" The food offered is mostly just your standard staples but they still nail it and even keep a competitive price. I've loved every day that I've gotten to attend Wallace State.

Embree

Great campus very nice the teachers are surely helpful. I have been there for two years never had a problem with a teacher.

samantha

I honestly love my school so much. A lot of my friends from work want me to transfer to a university but I like Wallace state. I feel safe and content. To me the college is cozy and the teachers really care about there students. They want their student to succeed.

Kailey

Wallace State community college is a great school in a very safe community. I have had nothing but good experiences through my time at Wallace State Community College. Professors are readily available to help you achieve your academic goals. I highly recommend.

Alexandria

I personally love WSCC because of the affordability and the fact that a vast majority of the classes taken at this 2-year junior college are transferable to any 4-year university. I do wish that there were more eating options but over all this institution is a great place to start your pursuit of secondary education.

Tracy

As a returning adult student, I have found that Wallace State Community College is very welcoming. They understand that as an adult student you have other responsibilities outside of the classroom. The school has an excellent online course selection and is accommodating if the course you need is not available online. Would recommend speaking with someone from Wallace if you are interested in college and you are not sure where to start.

Kelly

It's definitely a growing institution that's advancing every chance they get. Their office operations are not exactly my favorite but they are improving as often as they can. The facilities are growing considerably. The faculty seem a bit arrogant to me.