Newberg, OR
George Fox University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George Fox University

Amber

George Fox is a Christian school that is truly ruted in Christ.

George Fox is a Christian school that is truly ruted in Christ.

How about this one? It has the major I want. This one is a small town, or should I go with the big city university. There are so many things to consider when it comes to finding choosing the college or university that will be the start of "the real world" as you know it. The main thing to keep in mind about it all is, does this fit me? There are so many great schools with outstanding reputations but if it doesn't fir you, then all its credentials are of no value. It's important to find the one just for you. Things to consider are as follows: private vs. public, and if private than secular vs. religious, small college vs large college, majors that are offered, travel opportunities and acedemics. When looking at a school make a list of what you want first so you can measue them up by your "wish list" Once you find the perfect school, apply and hope for the best.

Everything. Its the best school ever!! I love the Christian atomosphere though the most.

Brianna

When looking for the right college of the the first things to look at is to check the list of majors and minors available. Even if you have no idea what you want to do, make sure it has a few options that you may be interested in. There is no point going to a college that offers nothing you want acedemically. If you can, set up a meeting with the head of that department to see what his point of view on teaching are. Do you agree or disagree? Another thing to look for is class sizes. If you are an auditory learner, big class sizes are not a big deal. If you are a kinestetic learner, like most people are, then a school with small classes would be more ideal for you. I would also suggest visiting the school and staying in the area for a day or two. The town life often gives a glimpse at what campus life will be like. A school's town could make or break a school decision.

The worse part about this school is the lack of after hour study areas. There are a few designated areas around campus but they are cold late at night or are time locked after a certain hour. When my roommate would be sleeping the dorm lobby would be busy with activity and people hanging out and the few places to study are not appealing so sometimes you are forced to study in semi distracting areas.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that does not follow rules or have strong morals. George Fox would be a good influence but they would feel suffocated and probably not like it or get themselves in to a lot of trouble. George Fox is a religious based school and it's regulations coincide with Christian moral standards; that is not everyones style of living.

Jesse

For combining faith and how it applys to what we are learning in the classroom. Also we are very well known for our academic excellence and athetics our Girls Basketball are the NCAA division three undefeated Champions, and our boys baseball team just won in the championship also.

We encourage campus life to be like a community were you help one another to reach a similar goal. Also faith is a very big part of our community and it nice to be able to share your faith without being singled out or labeled as an outcast.

Well first of all parents make sure the school has a good academic reputation after all you do want to get your moneys worth but I would just say to a student make sure it's a place were you feel welcomed and comfortable being yourself. For me personaly I choose a place where hardly anyone form my highschool was going that way I could just start over and be who I wanted to be and not have to worry about being judged for my past actions. Ultimately I would say make sure it a place you want to be and you are there because you want to be there, not because everyone in your family went there, or because it's one of the top schools in the nation, or because all your friends are going there. Pick one because it were you feel like you can be yourself and, or maybe because you think its a place that you want to just start over, don't worry about friends you make new ones very fast I promise.

Gina

Picking a college is about finding a place where you feel comfortable. Honestly, it should feel like home. I know for me, I was worried about making the wrong decision and all I can remember is my dad telling me, "Honey, if you don't like it you can always transfer." I could breathe a little easier, knowing full well that my parents weren't thinking the way I was. They encouraged me to go to a place that was going to stretch me academically, spiritually, and physically. Going to George Fox University, I have found all those things and more. Every year I am astounded by the people, professors, and experiences I have. Without a doubt in my mind, I can say that education is more than just learning and sitting in class, it's about growing into your own skin and knowing there are people to support you along the way.

Someone who is seeking to be in a Christ-centered university, willing to have their mind opened and thinking challenged academically and spiritually.

Brian

The best advice I could give to parents and/pr students about finding the right college is to set your goals before you begin your educational search. Too often students want to attend the same school as their friends, only to find out that college now, somewhat, resembles their high-school years. There is too much socializing, time spent away from studying, and often the student or his/or her friends end of dropping about because they weren?t focused on their goals. Look for a college that suits you, not your friends, or even your parent?s goals. Find out what you truly want to do, and then look for schools that match your requirements. Look for things such as the availability of programs, class size, national awards, sports, and extra curricular activities. Go visit the school, talk to current students, find out about their job placement skills. Check out the dorms ? you will be surprised how small they are! Of course, in the end, money is always a factor, but don?t let that detract you from finding the perfect school for you.

I really wish I would have known to work harder in high school during my senior year and not "blow it off" with having a case of "senioritis." I needed to do extra work once I got here to get my writing skills up-to-speed. I perhaps didn't realize the great amount of papers I would be working on once I came to school. Still, attending GFU has been a great experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

The perfect person for this school would be a a student with a strong faith who wants to attend a small, though nationally recognized school. George Fox is not a party school, and anyone thinking they may want to go to college and participate in frat parties will be solely disappointed. That being said, we do have a strong sense of community and closeness at this school , and we do take care of our onw. Classes are small so professors have time to get to know every student.

George Fox University strives to be a community of Christ-centered, well-educated people who will have an impact on their fields after gradutation.

First, don't overlook anything: attend college fairs, send for information on colleges that interest you, and ask questions. Don't just ask your high school buddies where they think you should go -- ask teachers, or your advisor, and keep an open dialogue with the schools that interest you. A college may look nice on paper, but the location may not suit you in reality, so visit the campus of the school or schools that you're interested in or have applied to. To get the most out of your college experience, make goals. If you want to excel in academics, set aside some study time and find a quiet place to get things done. Don't forget to balance study time with friends and/or extracurricular activities, like clubs. It's important to have fun, but college is meant to teach and prepare you for a career -- hopefully one that you will enjoy. Two of the very most important things about college that most people forget are getting enough sleep and eating right. Nothing can replace either for long, and your grades and attitude will probably reflect a lack thereof.

I usually say that George Fox has a beautiful campus and most stores are within a reasonable walking distance. I also mention that there is a cool place to hang out in campus, The Foxhole, that sells cheap, good-quality coffee.

Ryan

Good academics, great professors, but not a place you'd want to be if you want to party on the weekends: it's a dry campus and extra-marital sexual activity is strictly verboten.

Nursing, engineering, and elementary education.

Find a college that seems to fit your personality. Take into account the cost, but don't let that deter you from applying to a college. Often the financial aid packages will cover the bulk of the cost and the most expensive schools are not always the most expensive when the financial aid packages come in. The most important thing is that you feel you fit in at the college you're at and that it provides you with the opportunities you need to grow as a person. When you finally get into college, make sure that you do study and keep your grades up. However, don't get too buried in the books. College is a unique place; you will probably never again be surrounded by so many smart and talented individuals. Look for opportunities to explore your interests outside of the classroom. Form friendships with people who have the same interests and goals and try to help each other out. Collegiate soil is rich and open to new ideas. There is a reason many of the most successful ideas come from college kids.

Make sure you visit different campuses. The experiance you feel there is the most important. Don't become too stressed about picking and choosing. Constantly work on scholarships!

The thing I love about George Fox is the sense of community. Our student community is very close and there are constantly things going on to be involved with. Facutly are always around for a discussion, cup of coffee or working out next to you in the gym.

George Fox is open to all students of racial and economical background. This is a Chrisitan university so those who are very into the party scene (drugs/alcohol) might feel left out since there are no parties on campus. You don't have to be incredibly smart-you'll never feel left out or not good enough.

George Fox University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.