Newberg, OR
George Fox University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George Fox University

My classmates are fun, educationally driven, inclusive, helpful; when a teacher asks them to do something, they are more likely to put a lot of effort into the assignment; if I were to ask them for help, they would be more likely to respond favorably to me.

Be yourself, but be openminded. There is nothing greater than arriving on a campus and making a change as your own individual, but there is nothing more devestating than limiting your opportunities by being obstinant. Flexibility is the name of the game. College is a place where you will evolve, as an academic, a worker, a friend, a lover, a responsible contributor to life, and a person. So pay attention to all the subtle hints and details that can pass you by, they are the most important. But once you have taken note, do; Do everything you can; Experience everything offered by the college, the campus, friends, professors, and random situations. To let experience pass, is to let possible life-changing events pass. What you garner from watching and doing will have the greatest effect on your college experience, as well as who you become as a person. Think of college as a training ground for real life, a safety net where you learn the ground rules, so when you arrive at your office, or the real estate agency, or the loan agency, or the bank as a fledgling, you can succeed as yourself, an individual.

A tie between the campus community/laid back feel on campus and the helpfulness of professors, because these factors really allow the student to integrate and feel comfortable in class and socially.

Brandon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself that all of the stress that I was going through applying to college, and figuring out how to pay for it, is completely worth it. The friendships I have made at George Fox University are completely worth the time and the money. The education is excellent, and that everything will work out in the end. Worrying about school does not matter, there is nothing that I can do about it. Go with what happens, and do not stress. Another thing that I would tell myself, is that no matter what happens, there is always another way to work around it. Nothing is new under the sun, and there is always another way to get where you want to go.

I wish that I had known how to properly study before I got to college. High school was relaxed, and I did not get the chance to learn how to study properly. It took halfway through the first semester to figure out what I was doing with my classes and I finally realized how to study for my classes.

I tell everybody that George Fox University is the Best Christian school in the nation. It has an amazing academic program, it is hard, but it is very rewarding. The professors care about the students, and take time to invest in them. They want the students to succede and care aout the well being of the students.

Cristasha

Begin making plans for financial aid and possible paths of study as soon as possible. You may not know right away what you want to study, but beginning to narrow that field down and take the necessary steps to make those goals become a reality is crucial to succeeding in a college setting. You are literally paying to attend each class, so the more you know about your own interests and aspirations, the less shuffling between majors and less money you'll waste, and the more fun you'll have as you'll be persuing somehting that you actually want to do. Look for jobs during school that have a similar makeup to your future career choice; this will open up opportunities for you when you are applying for internships or looking for careers after school. I would remind them to take their period in school very seriously, and take time to build quality relationships and enrich their worldview and beliefs.

While many different kinds of people attend this university, an outgoing, acedmically focused, Christian-centered student from a conservative background would fit in best here.

Despite recent "attempts" to diversify, George Fox is attended almost entirely by white upper middle class conservative evangelical Christians with little experience or desire to understand or integrate themselves into any other culture. I don't see the necessary push by some faculty to create opportunities or discussions that would take students out of their comfort zone and really cultivate mult-cultural growth. People talk about the students here coming from a bubble of like minded sociopolitical and religious viewpoints, and for the most part they are right. Some faculty have taken steps to improve this environment.

My classmates are generally friendly and helpful. It is usually easy to find someone to study with or to get help from on homework.

I would tell myself not to stress out too much about picking a major right away. When I started as a freshman in college, I had declared a major right away, but I soon found out that there was more that I was not aware of, and I added a second major my second year in college. Once you get here, you start to find out where you really belong. High school doesn't matter that much in the long run.

I brag about our music department and the math/computer science departments. I am involved in all of them and I feel like they are great programs.

Becky

Dear me, Don't freak out, college is not going to kill you. It will be challenging and fun at the same time. Do your work and put in the effort but don't stress about it. Always take some time to just chill out, meet new people and compare different lives. Learning your schoolwork is almost as important as learning from your friends and classmates because you need both to be successful at college and ultimately at life. Work hard, have fun, enjoy the ride!

Small classes, great science program, good friends

Everyone, from the professors, students, to everyone in-between, cares for each other, not to mention that they are passionate about serving God.

They are fun, hilarious, diligent, friendly, and enjoy getting to know more about you.

While you are about to step into the strange world of college life, don't be afraid. Everything will seem new at first, but you will figure things out in no time! Remember that you are going to college for a reason, so stay focused on your goal. Yet, have some good, quality fun. You will meet so many incredible people that you will begin to wonder how you ever survived so long without them. Oh, and be warned, college is a lot harder than high school!!! No worries though, it is possible to achieve the grade that you desire, but don't cheat yourself from obtaining the highest grade possible. Don't sell yourself short from an opportunity of a lifetime. If you ever think that you can't do it, just remember that you made it this far and that there is no turning back. Rule #1: Don't procrastinate! Life if much harder if you do. Rule #2: Enjoy where you are at because few people have the opportunity to go to college. Embrace learning and life, and if you fail, its only because you refused to continue to do what you felt called to do.

Amber

George Fox is a Christian school that is truly ruted in Christ.

George Fox is a Christian school that is truly ruted in Christ.

How about this one? It has the major I want. This one is a small town, or should I go with the big city university. There are so many things to consider when it comes to finding choosing the college or university that will be the start of "the real world" as you know it. The main thing to keep in mind about it all is, does this fit me? There are so many great schools with outstanding reputations but if it doesn't fir you, then all its credentials are of no value. It's important to find the one just for you. Things to consider are as follows: private vs. public, and if private than secular vs. religious, small college vs large college, majors that are offered, travel opportunities and acedemics. When looking at a school make a list of what you want first so you can measue them up by your "wish list" Once you find the perfect school, apply and hope for the best.

Everything. Its the best school ever!! I love the Christian atomosphere though the most.

Brianna

When looking for the right college of the the first things to look at is to check the list of majors and minors available. Even if you have no idea what you want to do, make sure it has a few options that you may be interested in. There is no point going to a college that offers nothing you want acedemically. If you can, set up a meeting with the head of that department to see what his point of view on teaching are. Do you agree or disagree? Another thing to look for is class sizes. If you are an auditory learner, big class sizes are not a big deal. If you are a kinestetic learner, like most people are, then a school with small classes would be more ideal for you. I would also suggest visiting the school and staying in the area for a day or two. The town life often gives a glimpse at what campus life will be like. A school's town could make or break a school decision.

The worse part about this school is the lack of after hour study areas. There are a few designated areas around campus but they are cold late at night or are time locked after a certain hour. When my roommate would be sleeping the dorm lobby would be busy with activity and people hanging out and the few places to study are not appealing so sometimes you are forced to study in semi distracting areas.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that does not follow rules or have strong morals. George Fox would be a good influence but they would feel suffocated and probably not like it or get themselves in to a lot of trouble. George Fox is a religious based school and it's regulations coincide with Christian moral standards; that is not everyones style of living.

Jesse

For combining faith and how it applys to what we are learning in the classroom. Also we are very well known for our academic excellence and athetics our Girls Basketball are the NCAA division three undefeated Champions, and our boys baseball team just won in the championship also.

We encourage campus life to be like a community were you help one another to reach a similar goal. Also faith is a very big part of our community and it nice to be able to share your faith without being singled out or labeled as an outcast.

Well first of all parents make sure the school has a good academic reputation after all you do want to get your moneys worth but I would just say to a student make sure it's a place were you feel welcomed and comfortable being yourself. For me personaly I choose a place where hardly anyone form my highschool was going that way I could just start over and be who I wanted to be and not have to worry about being judged for my past actions. Ultimately I would say make sure it a place you want to be and you are there because you want to be there, not because everyone in your family went there, or because it's one of the top schools in the nation, or because all your friends are going there. Pick one because it were you feel like you can be yourself and, or maybe because you think its a place that you want to just start over, don't worry about friends you make new ones very fast I promise.

Gina

Picking a college is about finding a place where you feel comfortable. Honestly, it should feel like home. I know for me, I was worried about making the wrong decision and all I can remember is my dad telling me, "Honey, if you don't like it you can always transfer." I could breathe a little easier, knowing full well that my parents weren't thinking the way I was. They encouraged me to go to a place that was going to stretch me academically, spiritually, and physically. Going to George Fox University, I have found all those things and more. Every year I am astounded by the people, professors, and experiences I have. Without a doubt in my mind, I can say that education is more than just learning and sitting in class, it's about growing into your own skin and knowing there are people to support you along the way.

Someone who is seeking to be in a Christ-centered university, willing to have their mind opened and thinking challenged academically and spiritually.

George Fox University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.