Newberg, OR
George Fox University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend George Fox University

Bethany

Where to start with what i have gotten out of college. Well everyone hears it has made me grow up and teach me to live on their own. But not for me it showed be how much i still need family and how much family means to you. The big thing that I gotten out of college was the time to grow in the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a relationship know that I have seen others have and I alway wanted. So did I grow, yes i did but i not into a grown up, i am still a baby and still my mommy. College has taught me to do things on my own and how to plan out time so that I do have time for fun and still be able to play softball and get my school work done to keep my grades up. I don't think you can tell others what college has done for you, the best way to tell is to just see what it has done in your life with their own eyes. Just have them watch you and they will see that something has change.

The student that should attend George Fox Univeristy is one that wants to grow not only phyiscal but also in their faith. The school is more of a family than a school. The students that come here will be known not only by their friends but also by their teachers that will take time to get to know you. So if you are looking for a second home than this school is for you. When coming to this school you will feel the effects right away of what a loving family.

How that everyone knows everyone and that you feel safe. The biggest thing is that the teachers get to know you on a friend level and will take you out for coffee or just sit and pray for you if you are having a hard time. They are here to help you be successful and they will do what every it takes to make that happen.

heather

College provides me with the excitement to be able to learn new things, and to move forward to attend UCLA as a design and media arts undergraduate. College is allowing me to live my dream of finishing college, and taking what I have, and will learn in the future years, and turn it into a career. Colllege will give me the gift of independence, it will empower me as I earn my own money to create a life for myself. College is so valuable because not only are you gifted an opportunity to take care of yourself, but you'll also get to do something you enjoy. College has also kept my life structured, which I need to stay focused, and lifts me up with an identity. I'm not just a disabled young woman with Bipolar, I'm a student who will soon thrive in the professional world with a sense of accomplishment knowing I have my degree and more importantly the knowledge that will open invaluable doors for me.

Chase

In college, I took the pieces of my childhood and began to form a clear picture. In college, I discovered passions burning inside me where before there had been dry kindling. In college, I formed meaningful friendships with men and women I respect and admire. In college, I proposed to my wife. In college, I was challenged to re-examin my preconceptions. In college, I experienced the rewards of hard work. In college, I learned something new every day. In college, I enjoyed my independence. In college, I began my adult life.

The best thing about George Fox was how much fun it was to take classes and learn new things. Students and professors alike would challenge my worldviews and encourage me to think more deeply about my fundamental beliefs.

I wish I had known that taking the time to keep my living space clean would have made my roommate situations so much easier.

College has brought a whole new meaning to my schooling. I had a rough couple years and didnt realize how important school really was until i began attending Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ. I now realize how important it is to have a degree if you want to be succesful in life. Knowing that all the work and effort I put into my nursing major will pay off with a reliable jobs that include full benefits. Its a concept I couldnt tackle while I was not attending school. I now enjoy school so much and can only look forward to the benefits a degree will give me.

Justin

I've obtained from my college experience an increase in confidence and maturity as an adult. During orientation a man had said that there are only two ways for an adolescent or teenager to really become an adult and that is through the military and or college. I couldn't have agreed more because I was transferring from a community college that I attended for two years and already I had changed for the better and received a great education. It was valuable to attend and live on Fox campus for only one semester because I had gained an increase in confidence and received one hell of an education. I have to hand it to my anatomy and physiology professor Kathy Weiss who I recommend to any pre-nursing student looking for the best instructor who teaches the human body. Living on campus resulted in me learning and experiencing things that I thought I'd never experience and it changed me for the better. I learned what I wanted to be known and perceived as by others and I gained values and morals that I don't think I could have gained anywhere else.

Socializing with Christians who ought to practice what they are preached but simply dont. Its like Christian students have their own ideas of what Christians should be and I found it odd that most of them are just like anybody else except they say they believe in Christ. For me this was tuff to accept because Christian students will put up a front, they'll be nice to you but they wont want anything to do with you. I felt I witnessed to many students sit alone in the cafeteria of Fox because Christian students have their own agendas.

A student who has had negative influences in their life i.e. drugs, alcohol, and a criminal history, who dont want to give these those things up. There is a contract that you have to sign at George Fox that keeps you from having sex, drinking alcohol, using drugs of any kind, and a curfew for the opposite sex in dorms. If the student does not beleive in Christ let alone God, it could be a challenge finding other students who believe the same, which makes a social life on campus challenging. Also, someone who just wants to get by.

Aimee

Many factors made my decision easy to attend George Fox University. It?s a small private university that will enable me to graduate within four years, the student to faculty ratio is 11:1, It has a strong education department, it has a faith based campus and positive atmosphere, and 95% of students receive financial aid (on average this amount is about $20,000 annually). George Fox encourages service in the community and pursuing our individual relationships with the Lord. George Fox University is a great school and I have been pleased with my education here.

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. I have learned how to become independent, make wise choices, advocate for myself, balance time, and grow as a leader. Because of my positive experience thus far, I plan to be an RA (Residence Assistant) next year and continue to learn and grow. Attending this university has shown me how to work hard, yet at the same time depend on the Lord for the uncertainty of my future. Going to college is such a valuable opportunity. It was hard for my family to make it possible for me to attend this school and I had to work very hard, but through it all it has showed me the importance of an education and the true value of working for such an important goal. It is difficult to get by in this country without an adequate education and I have learned all of this and more through attending George Fox University.

One difficult thing for me about George Fox University is the lack of funds to enable the top Choir to go on a yearly trip/tour. The high school that I attended always traveled with our choir so that was one of the hardest things for me coming to Fox. I love the bonding and learning experiences as a musician/ performer you gain from this type of opportunity. We do occasionally travel (I?ve heard) but it is not a yearly event.

Preston

If I could go back in time four years and talk to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself academically, commend myself for the great relationships I would develop, and tell myself to be strong in financial hardships.When I was a senior in high school I was afraid I wasn't smart enough to attend college. Going back in time I would tell myself how I almost earned a 4.0 my first semester, and how I would make the Dean's List and would earn an academic scholarship each year by working hard. Most importantly though, I would tell myself that I'm not, and never was, stupid.I would laugh and tell myself that I'm going to meet some of the nicest and most kind-hearted people on earth, and that mass popularity isn't nearly as important as a handful of good, close friends.I would advise myself not to become angry or jaded by a lack of funds, and not to be stressed out about it because over time and through hard work things will work out. Lastly I would tell myself to work hard and enjoy the wonderful college experience!

In general most people should come to this school, but specifically this school best reaches those who are willing to learn about life and about themselves. Also people who are willing to serve others and make friends. Students with various academic knowledge are welcomed here, but obviously those with higher academic skill do best here. People from many backgrounds and bases are accepted and welcomed here.

Someone that is close-minded and very set in his/her ways. Each student will be exposed to opposing views and will be expected to be cohesive with the culturally diverse atmosphere that is presented here. Also students who just want to party and drink alcohol should not attend this school, unless they are willing to work with their RA's on dealing with the rules that will be set before them (GFU is a "dry" campus and has several rules on appropriate behavior.

Laura

Don't worry so much! You're stuck between feeling like a child and adult right now, and you'll keep feeling that way for a long time. Know that college is about having fun, but also maturing as a person. It's about learning how to live in the world without losing your sense of self and your sense of humor. You will learn a lot of information, do a lot of homework, meet a lot of lifelong friends, have a lot of fun, eat a lot of deliciously unhealthy food, experience a lot of stress, and lose a lot of sleep. Contrary to popular belief, you will not love every minute of it, but you will love the overall experience of being here. College is a place to learn how to make your own way away from your parents and continue to learn how to be a contributing and fulfilled member of society. Take classes in subjects you've never had before. Join causes you didn't know existed before. Don't be afraid that it will mess up your life plan -- that might just be the best thing that could happen.

I wish I'd known that I didn't need to be as self-conscious. College here is a much different experience than high school. People aren't as judgemental and cliqueish, because most students are here because we choose to be. People are friendly and welcoming to everyone here, and we don't have a problem with hazing freshmen like some other schools. People are free to be themselves and not worry about being judged. I wish I had known that sooner so I could have spent more time being happy with myself and less time worrying.

I feel safe on campus. I don't worry about being jumped when walking back to my dorm at night. Also, although we're a Christian university and other people demean us sometimes, we aren't legalistic or judgemental, as some think. There are rules that students must agree to follow to enroll here, but they aren't ridiculous. On campus, you'll see students that look just like any other students, except we aren't having frat parties and drinking every night. I don't feel pressure to make iffy decisions or feel threatened by things others might do.

Jonetta

Make sure you start your first year taking a variety of classes, don't limit yourself to a certain career path. This is the time in life to explore what matters to you as a separate being from your family. Don't be afraid to make friends with people who are different from you. It helps us see the world with a broader perspective. If your school is near your home, try to stay for most of the weekends. This is when relationships are built, and relationships greatly add to the quality of life. Friendships can make the entire difference between liking or dis-liking school. Do not be afraid to approach professors and ask for help. Professors are great resources for help, letters of recommendation, and connecting you to professional resources. Don't do anything just half-way. Give everything your best. Get involved in school activies right away. Remember that you aren't going to school just for you. It is largely for you, but also for your family, your community and to better society. You are important and you can make a difference. When you find what you want to do, go for it!

Anyone who is willing to work hard and be a part of a community.

Students who are unmotivated or apathetic towards their school work would not do well at this school.

I would advise myself to take every opportunity to get invovled at high school because it helps you become more well rounded. Also attend all the college visits that happen at the high school, this is a very good resource. Another thing would continue to keep you GPA high, don't miss and opportunity to take and retake SATs and stay active in extracurrular activities. Also go to colleges that you are interested in and take tours, spend the night and just get a feel for the campus. High school will end so quickly and college is very different. People are more accepting and time is very flexible. As a result, find a good way to organize yourself and manage your time well. Thats about it!

The worst thing about my school would be how the professors care about you so much they constant ask if you need help or have study sessions. You know everyone here being it is a small university compared to others. So if you want to go unnoticed then George Fox isn't for you.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would be a person not serious about their education. George Fox University is ranked one of the top Christian universites in the country. Students here are very serious about getting their degree and having the best four years of their life. The classes are rigoruous but fun. The professors challenge students in all ways. Being a liberal arts university students are very well-rounded.

George Fox University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.