George Fox University Top Questions

Denny

Helpful, but not very approachable.

Bailee

Frisbee, tree climbing, scholarly, religious, welcoming, adventurous, calm, loud, responsible, friendly, musically inclined, coffee snobs, international, multi-cultural, you.

Logan

Grounded in their relationship with God and enthusiastically involved in the student Community.

Jerika

Fun, energetic, people who always reach out.

Bailey

George Fox students are predominately white, but there is a little bit of everything. We have a large population of Asian international students studying here too. There are a ton of opportunities to interact with students from all different backgrounds. Personally, I have friends from Malaysia, China, Russia, tiny country towns, big cities, and more. Students here represent all different lifestyles and we are constantly learning from one another. If you walk into the Bon (aka the cafeteria) you'll see that there is a wide variety of students and they all interact with each other. It's hard to distinguish specific groups or cliques because most all students intermingle.

Kayla

My classmates have become my family. Moving a way from a large family was more difficult than I thought it would be, however going to a small school has also given me the opportunity to get to know my classmates on a more personal basis. It's been a great experience.

Willis

While the majority of the students here are white, there is also a heavy Chinese population, and I have several friends of various ethnicities. Most students have a fair amount of money to begin with, but there are also several (such as myself) who are here on scholarships, grants, and loans. It is pretty much assumed that if you are here, you are a Christian, and that is true of about 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the people here. If you are a Christian, you will fit right in. However, if you are not a Christian (again like myself), you may have some difficulty adjusting. I have never felt unwelcome here, though I do often feel like a little bit of an outsider because I do not share the same beliefs and values as my peers. Though politics seldom come up in conversation, I think it is safe to assume that most students here would fall into the Republican party. Despite my differences with the rest of the student body, I still very much feel like part of the community. Cliques are not very prevalent here; walking around campus I get the sense that everyone is friends. While this impression may not be entirely accurate, I can personally attest to the fact that I have a diverse group of friends, and nearly everyone I have met has been friendly to me even before I knew them. In my own experience, friendships have formed quickly and lasted long. At least in my freshman class, most of the guys tend to be Engineering majors, while most of the girls go for Nursing. Computer Science and Business are also relatively popular. Though the English, Arts, Music, and Theater programs are all much smaller in terms of participants than I would like, they all have good instructors and decent course offerings. There is a definite artsy vibe, but it can be hard to find. Though somewhat unrelated, I would also like to mention an incident in which I left my MacBook, iPod, Oakleys, and all my books unattended for at least 20 minutes in the middle of the Quad on a sunny Fall afternoon. They were untouched when I returned. If you ask me, that's saying something. People dress pretty stylishly for the most part (there are lots of hipsters), but girls seldom (if ever) show any skin out of fear of judgement.

Christopher

They were my family away from home.

Ben

My classmates are highly motivated and are wiling to help others learn by coming along beside and nurturing.

Taylor

My classmates are fun, educationally driven, inclusive, helpful; when a teacher asks them to do something, they are more likely to put a lot of effort into the assignment; if I were to ask them for help, they would be more likely to respond favorably to me.

My classmates are generally friendly and helpful. It is usually easy to find someone to study with or to get help from on homework.

They are fun, hilarious, diligent, friendly, and enjoy getting to know more about you.

Whitney

My classmates are friendly, supportive, and pretty much genuine.

Meredith

My classmates are extremely smart but not always hardworking.

Brianne

My classmates were very competitve and most of us were constantly trying to outdo the others.

Most were ok but there are always weirdos

Matthew

Wonderful people, all of them.

Dakarai

Very friendly, but some are bit too... naive.

Depending on the class which you are in, you can find people who are working hard to get the best grades they can or they're just there because they know they need to be.

Kristine

Many people are from the pacific northwest and come from small schoolsand so they hold true to that stereotype.

Peter

My classmates general seem focused on getting an education that will enable the to succeed in their chosen careers.