George Fox University

« See more reviews of George Fox University

Despite recent "attempts" to diversify, George Fox is attended almost entirely by white upper middle class conservative evangelical Christians with little experience or desire to understand or integrate themselves into any other culture. I don't see the necessary push by some faculty to create opportunities or discussions that would take students out of their comfort zone and really cultivate mult-cultural growth. People talk about the students here coming from a bubble of like minded sociopolitical and religious viewpoints, and for the most part they are right. Some faculty have taken steps to improve this environment.

One thing that frustrates me about George Fox University is the fact that the traffic between my home (in Portland) to Newberg can be atrocious. The time it takes to get from place to place is unpredictable, making it difficult to plan timing. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours just to travel to George Fox from my house. Other than the odd traffic patterns of Newberg, GFU is a fantastic school.

maybe the lack of a variety of on-campus food choices, theres really only the cafeteria or fast food off-campus. also the dining hall is feeling smaller as there are more students coming. the small space makes much lines longer in the rush lunch and dinner hours. also there never seems to be enough hours in the day to finish the assignments that are assigned, but thats just college i guess

The most frustrating thing about Fox is the lack of connection to the world at large, what we call the Fox bubble. Although we are very aware of natural disasters, and helping the poor and needy around the world, we are often disconnected from the political happenings of the United States.

Probably the cost of education is the most frustrating thing. Tuition alone is about $28,000. Plus there is room and board, as well as the cost of textbooks and other supplies. A frustrating thing about being in the nursing program is that it is difficult to study abroad for a semester.

I am a middle class white male going to an expensive private university...90% private loans cause the school or government doesn't give me anything. Also their abroad director lied to me to get me to transfer to this school and I am very bitter about it.

Having adjucnt professors teah upper division classes. Not receiving as much financial aid as I feel my family's income deserves because the school does not have an "endowment." Not really feeling pushed in my education until my senior year.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that eventhough it's a private university, everyone is so open-minded that even the blatant rule-breakers won't be held responsible for their behaviors by the adminstration.

George Fox University makes it difficult to save money with all of the food and living requirements. It is a major hassle to be forced to live on campus for three years.

The administration feels out of touch with the students. The meal plan options are expensive and poor. And the housing selection process could work a little better.