George Fox University Top Questions

Peter

I wish that I knew how the credits would transfer so I would not be so suprised.

Kimberly

It's not so much that I wish I had known how much it would really cost me, but I wish I would have paid more attention to how much my education at Fox was going to cost me. If I'd really taken it to heart, I might have put in more effort to find ways to help pay for it instead of just expecting my parents to pay for it all.

Kasey

I wish I had known how to manage my time better, but that is important for college students anywhere, and indeed everyone. I also wish I had known how to handle my finances better.

Chase

I wish I had known that taking the time to keep my living space clean would have made my roommate situations so much easier.

Laura

I wish I'd known that I didn't need to be as self-conscious. College here is a much different experience than high school. People aren't as judgemental and cliqueish, because most students are here because we choose to be. People are friendly and welcoming to everyone here, and we don't have a problem with hazing freshmen like some other schools. People are free to be themselves and not worry about being judged. I wish I had known that sooner so I could have spent more time being happy with myself and less time worrying.

Brandon

I wish that I had known how to properly study before I got to college. High school was relaxed, and I did not get the chance to learn how to study properly. It took halfway through the first semester to figure out what I was doing with my classes and I finally realized how to study for my classes.

Brian

I really wish I would have known to work harder in high school during my senior year and not "blow it off" with having a case of "senioritis." I needed to do extra work once I got here to get my writing skills up-to-speed. I perhaps didn't realize the great amount of papers I would be working on once I came to school. Still, attending GFU has been a great experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Josiah

na

Julie

I wish I had known more about its athletic program, with which i was deeply unsatisfied. I laso wish I had taken more time to understand the seriousness of its policies against alcohol use. I did not agree with at al the policy on homosexuality, which was a document signed upon entering the school by the student that if the student had homosexual feelings taht they would not be expressed while at the institution. I felt this deeply violated the personal freedoms of peoplpe and caused alot of dissatisfaction with the university.

Jordan

I wish I had known that the administration was not going to be every supportive of the artistic endevours that I was to be involved in. I wish I had known that they would not be very helpful financially to a theatre major. I also wish I had known that the student life department was going to regulate my spiritual life.

Dani

I do not think that there is anything I strongly wish that I would have known now that I did not know then. Everything that I have learned about this school has had to be learned through experiences, such as how difficult certain classes or professors are, or how best to budget study time, etc. I feel as though I am a different person in some ways since I have attended George Fox University, but I do not think that this was anything that I could possibly have known ahead of time.

Nicholas

specifically What I wanted to Major in, its difficult to catch up if you change.

Ruben

That the people here were rather close-minded.

Brianne

I wish I had known how few scholarships I was going to get so that I could take the time to fill out more.

Nate

How little there is to do in Newberg. Without a car you stuck in the middle of no where. I wish I didn't sell my car freshman year.

Rob

I wish that I had known that you need to be intentional about forming relationships. There is so much going on that if you are not driven to form relationships with people in leadership, you can become overlooked. It is much easier to gain positions of leadership if you know people in other leadership positions before you apply. It isn't always what you know, but rather who you know. Thankfully on a small campus where aministration is happy to meet students, this is not difficult if you try.

Sheleen

That there aren't many students who are over 25, or parents. I am fall into that group and it is a small social world for people in my position. Academically it is as challeging as I had hoped.