George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Its Law School, The Volgenau School of Information Technology and Engineering, its distinguished professors such as Roger Wilkins and John Buchanan; as well as other faculty holding endowed chairs, and "Distinguished Service Professorships". George Mason University's President Alan Merten referred to the group as Mason's "best and brightest," and echoed Provost Stearns' exhortation to mentor new faculty. Recalling experiences traveling abroad, Merten encouraged them to consider "the global dimension" of the work they do, seeing what GMU means to other institutions around the world and what they expect of us." thus my declaring a Global Affairs major.

Our diversity and equality are George Mason’s best known qualities. Name a nationality, and most of the time, you will find someone of that nationality attending the university. There is no noticeable predominance of one specific race or color. This quality promotes the concept of being an individual and not merely a part of a larger group of similar people. More so, George Mason’s community is equal and accepting. Racism and dominance of one culture is not present within the grounds of George Mason’s campus. It is a refreshing feeling, and creates a positive environment.

My school is best known for its exuberant, vibrant pep band known as The Green Machine and its rivalry with George Washington University. Historically speaking, Geoge Mason and George Washington didn't see eye to eye politically. George Mason approached policies anti-federally and felt the need to pen the Virginia Declaration of Rights at the wake of the U.S. Constitution. It's for these reasons among others that the statue of George Mason at the Fairfax campus faces directly opposite of the Washington Monument, which is twelve miles away due east in Washington, D.C.

George Mason has one of the best economics departments in the United States and has had 2 Nobel Prize winning professors and currently have 2 more professors who are expected to win the Nobel Prize in the next few years. We also have one of the best Public Policy programs for students looking to break into Government. All of our professors in the Public Policy department have worked in the government, and one professor for a class was actually working during the housing crisis and brought in government documents for an economic case study of the housing crisis.

I think George Mason University has recently become best known for our wonderful basketball team, the George Mason Patriots. However, George Mason is also known for being one of the best public universities in the area. There is a strong sense of community at George Mason University that binds all students together. Being in the Washington, D.C. area, Mason is also known for it's diverse student base. I have met students from all around the world that share my passion -- to learn. Additionally, Mason is known for it's great faculty and equally awesome students.

George Mason University is currently best known for receiving the title of #1 Up and Coming Universities as voted on by peer colleges and U.S. Weekly. The school is going to every effort to make every aspect of the college experience the ultimate best for every student. There are brand new housing units, dining halls and gym facilities as well as a growing accredited amount of professors. The area in which George Mason University is located also has access to some of the best jobs in the country, located right outside of Washington, DC.

Mason is best known for it's Cinderlla Story basketball team. In 2006 the once commuter school advanced into the NCAA Men's basketball tournament's Final Four, giving the school national coverage. Even though the basketball team put George Mason on the map mason should be recognized for it's student body. Mason is one of the most diverse college campuses in the nation. As a student there I find that to be it's most intriguing aspect. Many Universities say they are diverse but Mason actually is. Here you can meet just about anyone.

George Mason University has a reputation as being one of the most diverse universities in the country. Its student body is composed of both international and domestic students, totally over 30,000, making it the largest public university in Virginia. In regards to education, George Mason is particularly famous for its economics department, and many GMU economists are publicly known and revered. George Mason also has a well rounded international studies department, reflecting its foundation as a diverse university.

George Mason University is best known for its central location and its diversity. There are students from almost every background and nationality roaming campus. GMU holds numerous events specifically to celebrate the diversity among its students, too. If you decide to live on campus, there are many surrounding locations to keep you occupied on weekends such as a movie theatre, malls, and various food courts. Mason also offers shuttle buses to take students directly from campus to the metro.

My school is known for the growing success. In the past five years, George Mason University is getting more and more attention for the growing campus, great education and professors and the sports program. We have the best sports program in the CAA. Not only is our sports program amazing, but the diversity of students also receives a lot of attention. George Mason is a growing university and is going to continue to get better.