George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

George Mason University offers several events and departments. The Center for the Arts presents several performances that student's attend for free. There are performance calendars that indicate dates for free ticket availability. These performances are great opportunities that should be taken advantage of. Also, the Johnson Center Cinema offers free films and popcorn for students. This school provides great events hosted by the Program Board. The Program Board is an organization through Student Involvement Office. It has several committees for students to join: film, concert, special events, and comedy and speakers. In addition, the Career Services office is really good as well as the counselors. I particularly enjoy the job fairs and career events.

George Mason University has been my home for the past three years. I have felt comfortable, excited, and challenged all at the same time. George Mason University is a place that students come to grow and take advantage of the millions of opportunities available to them in the world. When people come to visit our campus, the Admissions Office and the Mason Ambassadors (tour guides) tell people "If you want to go to a university with people that look like you, talk like you, and think like you, then George Mason University is not the place for you." And I agree. You will meet new people every day, and they will fascinate you. George Mason University is an exciting place to be every day of the year!

George mason university is best for any students who are considering any major apart from health and sciences. It is because I found many students, which have liberal arts as their concentration, peacefully and smoothly completing their course plans. Moreover, these students have access to 2x more opportunities as the science major counterparts. If and only if the university had any sciences' schools - for example: dental schools, etc- i would be the first person to not to think about transfering to other institutions. The reason i am saying that is because the univesity is very well-organised in almost everything.

The most unique thing about George Mason University is that it is full of all types of diversity, whether it is racial, ethnic, or social. There is a huge population of international students including those from Africa, Saudi Arabia, India, and China. There is also an active community of individuals at George Mason with all types of disabilities, whether it is a learning or physical disability. The religious beliefs present on campus are also very diverse, including Islam, Christianity, Catholicism, and Agnosticism, to name a few. Thus, if one is looking for diversity, George Mason is the place to be.

Mason needs to have better food services that don't shut down on the weekends. The food is expensive and mediocer at best. A lot of the time the food employees don't get your order right and act as if they don't know what they are doing. Mason needs more fun activities. It isn't a cool and hip campus. It is great academically, but it would be so cool to have something more than a game room with pool tables. We don't even have a bowling alley. Our campus store isn't much either. We're a huge campus. We need enticing fun buildings and places to go to match the academic standards that are set.

Compared to other schools, George Mason University gives students the ability to make their own academic decisions as well as political decisions. Just because the authorities belong to a particular political affiliation does not mean all students should tend to belong there. I have seen places where the authorities try to impose such decisions on students and go as far as inviting people who share the same political views to speak at their school gatherings. George Mason University tends to be very distinctive in that respect, and the ability to make their own decisions is what most students need.

George Mason University has so much to offer students. The main factor that I truely find amazing is the ethnic and artistic diversity. Geroge Mason has 25,000 students and among those there is so much diversity. It is so beauitful to walk around campus and be emersed in something so great and new. There are so many opputrunites of different clubs and activities for anything an indiviual may want to be involved in whether it is sports, sisterhood, religion, culture. There are clubs for everything and everyone, George Mason really gives each student a chance to expand one another.

The parking situations at Mason is a challenge, especially when Ringling Brothers comes and parjs their trailers in the student lot. If you live in Liberty Square or Potomac Heights you have a gated parking lot. The food has improved so much over the last few years. The main dinning hall has a new menu will more variety. The food court in the Johnson Center has a good variety of ethic foods, as well has typical American food and cafe/coffe bar. The Damon's on campus now has a liquor license so students 21/+ can buy drinks without having to worry about drinking and driving.

George Mason University's diversity composition in terms of students is unmatched by the other Universities that I optionalized. I felt my ethnicity and race was present on the campus and the academic course load met my standards of a challenge. The professors at Mason, both tenured and adjunct, give a significant amount of contribution to the quality of my education. George Mason's close proximity to the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area is an attraction within itself for the representation of different cultures and the historical monuments of the Nation's capital.

What is unique about George Mason University compared to other schools I considered are a lot of factors. First, the location of the main campus in Fairfax, VA is geographically very balanced. It is ideal for looking for internships, jobs and networking opportunites because you can take the Metro to D.C. Also Mason has numerous opportunities for undergraduate studies and research. B But most of all, the diversity on campus is amazing. It is so nice to walk on campus everyday and see that the student body population consists of many cultures and ethnic backgrounds.