George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

No they are not, although I do notice that it is not as competitive as many of the schools I've visited, and many students I've noticed are not very focused.

It is kind of a commuter college. I think they're trying to get away from that. It's pretty diverse, but I don't know what colleges to compare it too?

Not really. Some people go to Mason for a few years then transfer out but some people transfer here. Mason was on my top list, it's a good college.

No, Mason knows how to party. Just because people don't stay on campus, doesn't mean the party isn't happening at a frat house or in a local bar.

Not at all. I have more fun on weekend than i do during the week, and probably see more people on the weekend than i do anytime during the week.

I don't think so, we may not be a traditional school, but every GMU student I know loves the location, campus, and most of all the DIVERSITY!

I think to a certain extent they might be true. But I know that I've made a few friends at Mason that I didn't have any ties to before.

Of course not. George Mason is a university, and a great one at that. We have sports teams and, believe it or not, on-campus housing.

according to the princeton review, GMU is the most diverse university in america, representing over 139 countries---so yeah

Yes, the school is very diverse, and that is an advantage! I would say GMU has no preppy kids than any other college.