George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

George Mason University is one of the best universities in Virginia. Our campus is so diverse and the faculty are wonderful. There are tons of activities and events that are held throughout the year for students to get together and show their Patriots Pride. We have a wonderful basketball team that represents Mason to the fullest. We have tons of exciting concerts at the Patriot Center year-round and many, many student organizations to keep you from boredom. Mason also offers a big assortment of curriculum to choose from and the student advisers are great and encouraging to all students.

George Mason has great proffessors who are very exceptionally friendly and ready to help students upon request. The professors actually teach classes with enthusiasm (most of which love to teach) and for the most part are pretty good at what they do. What I love most about Mason is their Computer Science department. Mason has a small but growing robotics lab that has plenty of opportunities. The best trait that mason offers is it's diverse background. On campus one can meet people from anywhere, no one is particularly boring and everyone has a story to tell.

When I talk about George Mason University with my friends I brag about all the new additions they have made to the campus since I arrived. George Mason plans to expand greatly in the next few years by adding various new elements to the campus such as a larger theatre, a hotel, and more buldings. They have already added more parking decks, another gym, and a huge new dining hall that serves three buffets all day. George Mason University it one university where I can see an effort to make the students happy and keep outsiders interested in the university.

George Mason University is home away from home. It provides a true comfortable college experience. The food is tasty, the people are friendly and the campus is really beautiful. Students have access to anything with their ID cards; from free access to any of our state-of-the-art gymnasiums to free entry to basketball games in the Patriot Center, money is not a big problem living on campus. There are a lot of friendly people who help with studies and having fun. George Mason University is home, and a great one at that!

When I talk to friends about GMU, the one thing I always love to talk about is the enthusiasm of my professors. In my area of study, professors and the experience and expertise they have to offer are absolutely crucial. All of my professors are genuinely interested in challenging me and giving me the skills that I will need and use for graduating, and for success in the professional world. They also care for me as a person, and are there for both academic support or just to grab lunch and make sure I'm doing well.

When I tell my friends about George Mason, the things I brag about most are its closeness to Washington D.C. and how good the dorms are. I love being so close to D.C. Our nation's capitol is full of life and things to do. There is also plenty of causes and community groups in D.C. that George Mason students can get involved in. Another great thing about George Mason is the living conditions. I'm a freshman with a room twice the size of most other school's freshman dorms and my own bathroom.

George Mason is one of the most diverse schools in the nation. So many people from different religions, ethnicities, and racial backgrounds travel from all parts of the world to come to the school. I have cultures from all over the world right in my backyard. To have such diversity makes people more open to learning about other regions in the world. Getting the perspective of people who have lived it makes learning about other cultures that much more fascinating.

When I talk to my friends I brag about the fact that my school is located close to the capital and it allows me to explore the D.C. area. The fact that it is located in the middle of everywhere also makes me happy, because I can just take the bus, which is free for George Mason Students and it takes us to the metro, which is unexpensive and we can go all the way to Maryland and D.C. in less than 40 minutes and explore a variety of places, people and food.

George Mason Univeristy is close to my home. Last year, as a freshman, I lived on campus and when I got home sick I was extremely close to home and was able to visit my family anytime I wanted. I would always brag to my friends about the food on campus but also the food offered at home. However, I do feel GMU offers a wide vareity of majors and a fun, social scene both on campus and off.

There are two things that really set George Mason apart from other schools. The first is that it is located so close to our nation's Capitol which is great for students like me who wish to puruse a career with the governement. The other great thing about my school, is that the student population is completely diverse. There are so many types of people to work with and learn from.