George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Mason has excellent undergraduate and graduate programs. The mojority of students, however, are ages 17-26, and come from all over the United States and the world. We have one of the most diverse campuses with one of the largest Muslim populations in the U.S. There are several English, Science, Business, Government, and Arts majors. People who go to Mason enjoy being involved in campus activites, being social, and are people who are dedicated to learning. While many students still commute to Mason, the school is making progress to end this reputation and change the housing recquirements for freshmen.

George Mason University is a perfect fit for any adventure loving and culture sensitive individual. It is one of the most diverse schools in the country with over 20,000 students with endless opportunities. It satisties the research interests of science students through internships near Washington DC and on campus, their socialzing interests through student headed clubs, as well as their enjoyment through numberous GYM's, pools, hot tubs, steam rooms, libraries, and more. Finally, George Mason University is perfect for nature lovers with beautiful creeks, lakes, and view of the night sky.

A person attending GMU as an undergraduate should wish to study business, economics, criminal justice, policitical science, or english. If they are low on money but too intelligent for a community college, GMU offers great value for the education it delivers. The person must be outgoing and have initiative to take advantage of all GMU has to offer. Otherwise they will be bored and friendless. Its proximity to Washington, DC, Greek life, volunteer opportunities, ROTC program, student groups based on religion, major, or interests all offer a plethora of opportunities.

Here are some pointers for those considering attending George Mason University. First, one should come with an openess to learn about and explore various career options. There are hundreds of different degree options available, so, even if one is undecided about their degree at the beginning, it should not be too difficult to find one's niche. Second, one should come expecting to form new and lasting friendships with his fellow students. There are thousands of students in attendance, so if one is willing to open up and meet new people, he is sure to fit in well.

George Mason has students from almost every ethnic background you can imagine. There are lots of different clubs and activities you can join and the university is about 40 minutes from Washington D.C. Just about anybody can come to Mason and find something they like about it. If your not used to cold weather than the winter can take some getting used to, but other than that anyone can attend mason and find something they like. Mason has a very welcoming atmosphere and its full of diversity and you will find people from all walks of life at Mason.

It is not easy to describe what kind of student should attend George Mason University because it's full of student diversity. There are students who come from a variety of backgrounds, like different ethnic backgrounds, and different parts of the country and world. For example there are students that are very social and outgoing and others who are more reserved. There are students who prefer to live on campus and others off campus. In general, anybody can attend George Mason and realize they can fit right in the university environment.

A dedicated person, someone who's looking for diversity, opportunities, and fun. Being in the center of Fairfax and so close to D.C we definitely have more opportunities than other universities do. But, because we are a communter school it also requires a lot of time management and goal setting to get the job done. Mason is such a diverse school as well, who are open to all ideas and a real life experience to what the real job world would be like. And a place where many extracurricular activies and clubs are available for every student.

I think that George Mason Univeristy is for the type of student who enjoys learning as well as making lasting friendships. Mason is not for the student who loves to go and party every night, but instead for the student who enjoys meeting new people everyday while continuing their education. Mason is one of the most ethnically, politically, and religiously diverse universities Virginia has to offer and a person who finds themselves wanting to explore all those aspects will find themselves most welcome at George Mason.

George Mason University is a great school for any student who likes large schools and knows that there is a specific program of study for the career path that they are seeking. As an undeclared student who wants to be a doctor at a school where there is no pre-medical program, I have not gotten the feeling that what I want to do is attainable. If I do not start to feel more like I am being taken care of within the next few months, I will seriously consider transferring to a school with a pre-medical program.

The type of person, who should attend this school, is someone who is interested in any type of international affairs or political science studies. George Mason has one of the best international affairs department because it is close to Washington DC. Also we have a good music department so we have a lot of art and dance majors. George Mason is a very diverse school it is meant for anyone to come to. We have the greatest diversity in the area and you will fit in this school perfectly, and never feel left out.