George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

This school, is probably perfect for almost any type of person, because we have the most diverse background out of any college in the Nation. There are so many different clubs and extracuricular activities at Mason, that it is almost impossible not to find something you like. The student body is also extremely friendly, so making friends here is not a problem at all.

This school has room for everybody. There are tons of events, clubs, and academic programs to choose from. There is also school-provided transportation to DC where there is even more to do! This is a great area because those who like to be in a city are close to DC and those who like a more rural or suburban area have Fairfax County where the school is located.

Someone who wants to go to a college that doesn’t emphasize party life/sorority life/ and the fraternity life should go to GMU. George Mason is a great school for people that want a great education. You truly do learn a lot and they have plenty of resources to help you with even the smallest of promblems. Staff is very responsive helpful and friendly.

Students who are independent, strong, and know how to stand alone should attend this school. This school gives each person the opportunity to be themselves. This is also the school for people who are outside of the stereotypical college student mold. Ultimately, this school is for people willing to think of college as a journey, not a destination.

Students looking at George Mason should expect to put a lot of hard work into the program of study. They should be prepared to take a well rounded course list and to be kept busy with the class requirements. Someone who works or has other commitments will fit in well but so will those who are planning to have an active social or sports life.

Any kind of person can attend GMU. It is a diverse school that accepts everyone no matter your race, gender, ethnicity, interests, finances, or goals. George Mason is a melting pot of people and everyone can find a place in the campus community. Mason offers an accepting, supporting, and understanding community for any person.

George Mason is teeming with a variety of people so it's hard to pinpoint what "type" of person should attend Mason. From what i've seen theres a huge variety of clubs, groups, and meetings that one can attend. One of the best things about Mason is meeting people who aren't alike because it broadens your view of the world.

GMU seems to appeal to a wide variety of individuals. This will be my first semester at the school, so I am still getting a feel for it, but they seem to have an enthusiastic and diverse student body, a wide variety of educational and extra cirricular options so I imagine they would appeal to a wide variety of students.

Somebody who can create their own fun and have a good time without planned events or activities. It's also a rather suburban and moderately-sized school, so it's good for anyone looking for an "in-between." It's not too big but not too small, and it's close to Washington, DC but still far enough away to feel suburban.

This school allows for any type of person. Whether your from around the area or from far away. This school is very diverse so race or ethnicity does not matter either. Also, whether a person is preppy, a rocker, laid-back, maybe a little nerdy the person will find his/her place at George Mason.