George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

A Chemical Engineer probably shouldn't apply to Mason. If you're a comitted socialist, I wouldn't attempt majoring in Economics at Mason; you might run into problems with the predominently libertarian/ Austrian economics staff. Also, someone who wants to study obsure languages probably ought not make Mason their dream school. Any student pursuing an "ordinary" degree will be fine at Mason, but one shouldn't expect Mason to be a specialist school as it obviously is not. Don't come here to learn the culinary arts or shipbuilding, try a trade school for that.

The people that should not attend this school are people who are not open to different cultures and ideas. George Mason University is one of the most diverse school in the United States. During my time at George Mason University, I've been exposed to almost every type of race, culture, and religious affiliation. This diversity has really made me a more open minded person and I feel that applies directly to my Global Affairs Major. Also, the campus isn't in the middle of a big city, so those interested in a city campus will be dissapointed.

George Mason is a large and diverse school to say the least; someone who prefers a small, consistent, and predictable school should not apply to Mason. Mason is full of suprises because of all the cultures and ever changing atmosphere of the campus. One moment I may be hanging out with one group and then the next, another. One needs to be able to adapt to the surroundings so he/she can better enjoy the so-called "college life." A person who prefers consistency and a relatively unchanging atmosphere should not choose to go to George Mason.

A person who does not like a large university and a person who does not like basketball. George Mason University's basketball team is a big hit around campus and many social events are centered around it. However, GMU also offers a vast array ofextra curricular activities including: clubs, intramural sports and club sports. A person who also does not want to be tested academically should not attend. Since GMU is in Norther Virginia, the competition is fierce to find a job and it is important to be well grounded and tough to survive.

A person who wants a full-out college experience shouldn't attend this school. Most students are commuters and therefore students who dorm on-campus sometimes don't experience the full college life. Most commuting students leave campus once their classes are done, which reduces the chance of students living on campus to make new friends. A person should not attend Mason, if they do not like a diverse school. George Mason is known for its diverse community and there is an even ratio of different races at our school.

A Mason student needs to be very open minded to other cultures, religions, and beliefs. Someone who wants to hang out with people who look, talk, and think like he does should not attend this school. The Mason campus is by no means dull and is only dry in some places, but it is not "party" school. Someone who is looking to party all the time and not study should not attend Mason. Someone who wants very small personal classes should also not attend Mason, as some lecture classes can have upwars of one hundred students.

There are a number of types of people who should not attend this school. George Mason University is an extremely diverse school and anyone with who has issues with a multicultural atmosphere should not attend George Mason University. Also, people who are unsure of what degree they would like to pursue should not attend George Mason University and should probably start off at a community college because in my experience, the advisors are not very helpful in guiding students toward potential educational pathways.

I believe everyone should attend GMU. The professors are absolutely amazing. Even in bigger class sizes they still take the time to get to know you and are willing to help you whenever you need it. The campus is absolutely beautiful and has a little bit of everything for everyones different needs. It has several workout facilities that are always open so that each student can incorporate fitness into their busy lifestyles. Unless you want a plan old school with no benefits, GMU is for you!

Anyone who is not open to diversity. Most schools are granted stereotypes by their students or other students, and most of the time they are true. For instance, most of the other schools in virginia that are large state schools are prep schools or party schools. However, George Mason is a melting pot of everyone. We are so close to D.C. and this is definitely beneficial. Our school is very diverse and is accepting of everyone. If you love cliques, then don' go to George Mason.

George Mason may not be the place for somebody who does not wish to be get the feel of home and feels as though they do not need the tools to help them to succeed in post college life. George Mason does it's best to give their students all the necessities needed to be best the best in the career field that will pursue once graduating from college. Not to mention, that you are in the metropolitan area of Washington D.C. the internship opportunities are in total abundance.