George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Someone just looking to have fun. If you are only in the college scene for fun, this is not the place for you. We do have fun, but only when it doesn't interfere with studying and classes to the point of flunking out. College is about learning and bettering yourself, mentally in classes as well as having some fun at the right times.

Someone should not attend George Mason University if they are not open to new ideas. Our motto is "Where Innovation is Tradition," and we really stick by it. A student at Mason can major in whatever they please, including something that they make up and it can get approved. We even make up our own sports, such as underwater hockey!

If you want to go to a college to get away from home and party hard and join a fraternity then George Mason isn’t for you. The school has those things but nothing compared to the surrounding schools. Typically a night of partying involves students leaving this school and traveling a distance to party at other schools.

Someone looking to go to a lot of on-campus parties. Typically the parties are held off-campus by Fraternaties and Sororities, and are known only to those in that crowd. For example, my suitemate goes to parties with his Fraternity a lot, but I never hear anything about them because I'm not in a Fraternity.

Someone who wants to devote four years to hard study and nothing but academics and training so they can emerge the best in their field should not attend this school. Also, because it's a commuter school, someone who wants the college atmosphere to be like a big, extended family should steer clear.

I wouldn't be able to not recommend my school to anyone because in actually there is something for everyone here. My school is one of the most diverse universities in the U.S. We have been chosen the #1 University by U.S. News & World Report as the Up and Coming University.

You shouldn't attend George Mason University if you are a person who doesn't have a drive to be successful. You also shouldn't attend if you think that the road at Mason is going to be easy; you have to be dedicated and determined to do well in each class that you take.

People that are looking to attend a party school or a school with a strong shared identity. This is a commuter school filled with many different types of people and there are few uniting characteristics besides the fact that we are all attending the same university.

People that should never attend my school are those that need a lot of structure in their lives. That dont have the self discipline to do the best that they can do with out any pressure put on them. Also people that need an enviroment that is extremely upbeat.

I think that someone who is not expecting great learning experiences and diversity should not come to Mason. If you are not willing to get involved on campus and learn as much as you can during your classes, then college in general is a waste of time and money.