George Mason University Top Questions

Kelly

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself of Robert Frost's poem, "The Road Not Taken". Life does not always fit into neat and pretty boxes, cleary marked in black or white. Life ebbs and flows, full of visionary colors. It is okay not to graduate from college on time. It is okay to take a road less traveled in order to get where I want in life. When I was a high school senior, I was very worried about what others thought of me. My parents, my friends, my classmates- if I did not do things in the correct order, such as college, marriage, children- what would they all think of me? I would remind myself that it doesn't matter! So long as I am healthy, happy, and a contributing member of society, life will be okay and I will turn out alright. Today, I am married with four children, and I have returned to school part time for my undergrad, with the hope of teaching in the future. I turned out okay in the end- there was no need for me to worry.

Lauryn

Knowing what I know about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to ask not what a college can do for me, but what I can do for that college. During my senior year while picking out ideal colleges and applying, all I thought about is what college can offer me. I wanted to know if I had picked a college to attend, what could they offer me academically, socially, financially, and intellectually for my future. But in reality, what distinguish a college from other colleges in the nation are the students that make up that college community. Most colleges want the person they admit to their school to help improve and make the college a better place. As a freshman in college now, I am learning that I have to make the most out of my college experience. The college admission's office does not just look at the academic record, but what other factors and activities on this application can show that I am a well-rounded individual in society. College life is almost similar to high school in way that you have to make the best out of the experience.

Meghan

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I think I would tell myself to try harder. I never thought I would amount to anything so I simply didn.t apply to any schools other than my local community college. I wish that I would have pushed myself harder so that I could have attended my first two years at George Mason as well. I see how much my friends and peers have enjoyed the college life at Mason and part of me regrets not applying. Even if i didn't get accepted until Mason on the first try, at least I would have tried and not have this regret of doubting myself.

Hannah

I would tell myself to work harder and to not give up on my dreams. College requires a lot of focus and dedication and often times it involves giving up things you love and free time in order to acheive the things you want out of your grades.

Travon

I would tell myself to relax. It is not as difficult as you think. Nobody here wants to see you fail, they want to help you.

Mary

Stop stressing out so much about not fitting in. The world is much bigger than the tiny pond you live in and the people you know in high school don't matter so much. Move forward with the confidence that you'll be fine, even if you aren't right now. Also, don't go for that biology major. It may sound like the safe option, but you need to do something you actually love, not just something that sounds like it will pay well. Don't let yourself wake up at fourty realizing you're doing a job you hate because you chose your carreer options too early. You can succeed at whatever you put your mind to, just make sure it's something you want to put your mind to.

Kaylee

I would give myself the advice to really pick classes that you are interested in for your first semester to learn things. Another thing I would tell myself is that you can help others, but not to your own detriment. Helping others is great unless you are putting their work before your own.

Harpreet

Whenever my parents would lecture me, my dad would always tell me that they know better than me since they've had more experiences in life than I've had but being the stubborn child that I was I never listened. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to be more focused in school and internship/volunteering opportunities. I was more focused on hanging out with my friends. Those friends who I'm not even in touch with today. I could have graduated a year earlier but instead I took electives so I could graduate with my friends. When graduation came around, those seats were empty. Friends/boyfriends don't stay in your life forever unless your fortunate to become friends with the right crowd. I would have spent that time taking more AP courses or courses through the dual enrollment program. Even spending that time volunteering could have led to more opportunities to create a better future for myself. I would have read a lot on topics such as savings/investing. They don't teach you those kinds of things in school. I would have saved my paychecks and not wasted them on hanging out.

Danielle

I would tell myself, "Danielle, you need to put in 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of your effort in every day. College doesn't come easy. Learn to study, manage a social life, and land a good on-campus job or internship. College is harder than high school but if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Remember, your undergraduate year is your 'off year' from your secondary education to medical school. You can do anything you put your mind to. The transition portion, you can handle, it's the intensity level of the classes that you need to focus the most on. Let's make the best out of this opportunity we've got ahead of ourselves."

My advice to myself would be to develop better work and study habits so that I would be more prepared to handle the workload of the college classes. I would also think more carefully about what I really wanted to do with my life so that I could make the right decisions about my college major. My high school forced us to choose career paths before any of us were ready to think about the future, but now I wish that I had had a better idea of what I wanted to do with my life. I needed to take that time and picture where I wanted to be twenty years from that day, but at eighteen years old, I was not that worried about it. I would spend more time talking to my guidance counselors and getting ideas of what colleges would work for me, as well as trying to eliminate the careers that definitely held no interest for me. I would ask more questions about college and attend more college fairs and open houses to see what my options were instead of settling for a two-year college that would limit my educational goals.

Melissa

I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships much earlier. There are so many out there and I never knew, i just assumed financial aid would cover everything. It doesn't. Grants are great, but there are only so many out there. Scholarships are plentiful.

Madison

If I could go back as a high school senior, I would tell myself to study more and stop giving in to "senioritis." There is a big transition between high school and college work, so the more one tries in high school, the easier their college life will be. Also, I would tell myself to not slack on looking for scholarships and apply to every one I was eligible for because I didn't realize how expense college was until I got here--there is a lot more money that goes in besides tuition.

Diana

I seriously thought I had my life figured out till college decisions came in three months after my final exam. Not only was my desire to read Law in college crushed, but I also had to figure out what exactly I was going to do with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and French especially in a country like Ghana. One semester in the University of Ghana had me wishing I had been the daughter of a University Professor so I could be pushed into the program of my choice without any hassle. That all changed with coming to study in the States. I have realized that there is more to life than wishing to be someone you are not and cannot be no matter how hard you tried. Looking back however, I wish I could have given my high school senior self this advice : "Look Diana, it is fine to study hard and be on top of your class, but it is also important that you get involved in activities that would benefit the society at large. Be other-oriented; that is what volunteering is about, and it is exactly what Hiring Professionals love to see."

Munazza

College is a completely different world and be prepared for it. In high school, it is like I was in babysitting. All of a sudden, there is a huge difference when someone goes to college.

Rebecca

Find a job on campus that pays a good wage but still allows you to get your homework done. By the time you get your undergraduate degree you'll have saved enough money to pay for your graduate degree without taking out loans.

Danielle

I would tell myself that having a small number of quality friends trupms having a big groups of friends that are not really your good friends. Having a small number of quality friends allows you to feel secure in your friendships and to know that the people you surround yourselves with will be there for you no matter what. I would tell myself that the friends you choose to have will be the people that you can depend on when in need. They are the people that when you are in college struggling to adjust to being in such a new environment, you call them and they get you through it. Alternately when they need the reassurance that they will be okay, they call you and your job as thier friend is to listen and be there for them. Friendships are a two way street of give and take. Choose wisely who you want to associate with becasue you are putting a great amount of trust in these people and you need people like this in your life. You need good friends you can count on to get you through tough moments.

Tyana

I would tell myself to communicate with your soon to be classmates as much as you possibly can. It is good to get to know people from the college you're attending especially if it is out of state. Most of the time you can find your classmates on Facebook or on Twitter using a hashtag with your college or university's name and the year you're graduating. For instance, for my class I typed in #GMU18 and I came across so many of my future classmates. I would tell myself to reach out to your classmates and get to know them. Also visit your future home as much as possible so you can get a feel of the campus.

Marlee

Alright, I know that you've heard alot of advice before, but I have to tell you, college is going to be the best thing that happens to you. High school seems great, but forget about it. Thinking about high school and the friends you made there and your home town and everything is great but don't get caught up in the past. You're going to make new friends and live in a whole new world when you get to college. A big thing to do is just forget how to be shy. Go say hello to everyone, whether they are in your class, eating alone or sitting and waiting somewhere. Just try not be creepy. The only problems you might have when you get to college is remembering to do your work and going back home after each semester. Oh, and don't forget to talk to your advisor. They know what they're doing and they'll make it so you won't have to go to gollege for two extra years. We all know it's too expensive.

I would inform my younger self about the increasing burden of student debt. I could share news articles to myself involving horror stories about families spending decades to pay off loans as well as inspiring accounts about students who sacrificed food, housing and comfort to have little to no debt. I could also warn myself of the impact that the job market and unemployment crisis would have once I graduated from high school. I would advise myself to research what career path would best fit my life. I should ask myself: “Is this career something I want?”,“Will my potential profession be worth investing time and money into a degree”, and “will it help me pay back my loans and get out of debt?” However, I would also remind myself that even though costs and finance are significant, my overall college experience like education and meeting new people is also important. These years of college are special because it will be the last time where all I have to do is learn from the brightest people in the criminal justice field. Ultimately, I have to decide: Would I rather be happy and be in debt or miserable and debt-free?

Neggin

To focus more on your studies and to become more involved with the Mason Community and all the people who make it up.

zohair

There are surely future plans in mind, but the basic thing is to analyse the effects of those plans by weighing them on the "cost-benefit" scale. I know i am growing up; but still i am naive and inexperienced high school senior. How should I assure myself that my plans are skewed to the benefit side rather than to that of cost's? Hence, i would pay heed on my parents, teachers , or any experienced person's pieces of advice. I need to detect that on which subject i am more inclined. Also, i need to see the praise, complements or encouragement i recieve from people to pursue a particular major in my college life. Satisfying the major-decision issue, i will not waist time on it. Second, being no more in school, i should be mindful the importance of saving-money for the college as it is not free. Therefore, i will utilise my time by having any job. Third, i should realise the importance of time management for the enrollment and admissions in my desired colleges. By that, i will be easily be able to solve the credit or enrollment requirements' issues.

Bethany

Dont. Room. With. Your. Bestfriend. Worst decision I ever made. At the time obviously we thought it was a grand idea and we bought matching duvets and we split the cost of our fridge, microwave and everything else from Target. Now our relationship has plummeted and moving out was an awkward conversation of who gets what, felt like a break up.

Caitlin

It's hard to believe only a year ago I was a senior in high scool about to graduate. As the oldest of four children, I was the first one to attend college. I would say that I am more of a home-body and tend to get shy and nervous in new situations. As a second-semester freshman at Mason, I can now look back at my first year in college and smile. It has been an amazing ride and definitely much better than what I was expecting. If I could tell myself some advice to make the adjustment into college run more smooth, I would say to immediately join a club or organization and get involved. It is important to remain focused, take notes, go into office hours, and form study groups. It is okay to miss certain outtings at night; they'll be back next weekend and it is important to take care of your health and studies. Do not get nervous, call your mom and dad regularly, and appreciate each day because time flies and it won't be long until college is over and I'll be in the real world with a real job.

Victoria

I would have told myself to really think about what I wanted to do with my life, before picking a major based on how I wanted my life to be. My biggest regret in college is staying as a business major for two years and wasting time getting sub-par grades. My true passion is psychology and I wish I could start college over so that I could have more time as a psychology major, take more psychology classes, and conduct my own research project through the honors in psychology program.

Corie

Just be prepared for more course work. It is kind of a punch in the face when you first begin, but it does get easier.

Melanie

Don't take yourself too seriously.

Dustin

I would tell myself to learn more about the schools which I applied to and take full advantage of the information available. Had I known more about the opportunities which Mason offers I would have probably listed them as my first choice. I would also tell myself to be more open and social when I got to college so that it wouldn't have taken me quite as long to make friends and become a part of my campus' social scene.

Natalie

Congratulations on getting this far. I always knew you would, but it's still a big deal, so if no one else says it, I'm proud of you... especially since I AM you. Well, this is awkward. Anyway, you're about to make some big decisions. They told you that the next four years are the most important of your life, that where you go, what you study, who you meet will define you. They're right. But I want to tell you something they forgot: after four years, you're going to have another four years, and then another. Life will continue on, and you'll have to choose to learn and grow every year, whether you have exams or not. Don't worry about this decision. It's one of a million you'll make, and yes, it will change your life forever, but can I tell you something? I've seen what's waiting for you four years from now. Enjoy the journey- college, not college, adventures that take you around the world, and the people who bring you home. It's not going to be easy, but my sweet girl, it's so worth it.

Bethany

RELAX. College is a lot more serious than High School, so take advantage of the easy life you have at home while you have it. The thing I most miss is being able to go out on weekends, go out to the beach, or to a theme park, or shopping, because once your on a college campus without a car, its very restricting what you can do. Dont waste so much time perfecting everything, its just high school, that work doesnt show up on your career applications, just your college application. Yes, work hard to get into that college of your choice, but be realistic and keep in mind that you are still young and should take advantage of that. Furthermore, I would tell my high school self to not think about where everyone else is going to college. It doesnt matter who got in where, or where your best friend is going, at the end of the day you should strive to go somewhere that will make you happy, not what will get you the most likes when you announce it on a Facebook status.

Alina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, the advice I would give myself is to try new things and don’t limit yourself to just one particular interest. When I started my freshmen year of high school, I already had a specific goal, but my plan to reach that goal was a little hazy. Even though I didn’t have the precise plan, I knew what I needed to do, so I only focused on reaching that goal. Since I was only concentrated on a single idea, I limited myself from experiencing a lot of different opportunities and campus events. I thought that if a particular occasion didn’t apply to my goal, then I didn’t have to bother with it. I made a barrier and restricted myself from gaining new experiences and learning about different interests. I should have taken the risks and not let fear cloud my judgments. So as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take risks and try new things and don’t let fear restrict or influence you.

Brittney

If it was possible to talk to myself as a high school senior I would convince myself of my self worth, hard working nature, and ability to succeed. I would advise myself not to consider others' opinions as valid as my own, and let myself know that loneliness is a natural thing in life, and that that void in my heart cannot be filled by anyone but God.

Catriona

Looking back now, one of the most important pieces of advice I would give myself would be to let things happen naturally. The first semester of college is very overwhelming. Especially the first few weeks, there is a sense of urgency to make new friends, get involved in campus life, and do well in classes that are very different from high school. It is easy to start comparing oneself to others, and believe that if I am not having the exact same experiences as others than I must not be doing college right. Everyone is different, and everyone has a different college experience. You can not enjoy your experience until you begin to relax and just let things happen as they come. The people I am close with now are not the people I met the first week. The organizations I thought I would want to join are not the ones I actively participate in now. It takes awhile to find where you belong, and college is about exploring a wide variety of interests. Be open to new possibilities, enjoy each and every experience given to you, and everything else will just fall into place.

Dalton

I would tell myself to continue to listen to the advice of my parents and older sister since they have been through the college process and can give valuable insight. I would also tell myself to continue not to stress. I was rather laid back about the change to college life and I think that helped me cope with being away from family. I would stress to my high school self to get more involved the first semester of college. It can be an adjustment and the more involved you are the faster it is to adjust. It helps to have those friends. And the biggest advice I would give is to know that you can do it. You have put in the work and you have the ability to succeed so enjoy your life.

Jill

Be open to new experiences and wise about where you go and with whom. The world is going to look bigger than it ever has before - don't be overwhelmed by the largeness of it all, embrace it! You will find a freedom and independence you have never experienced before, but that liberty can be life-giving or deadly, only you can choose. Be careful with whom you choose to spend all your time. It's been said that you are the average of your five closest friends and that is certainly true. Boys are going to hit on you, but that doesn't mean you have to go out with them. Girls are going to try to belittle your values and make you see yourself as "less-than" because you hold on to your self-respect. Keep your eyes on the prize. If you know who you are and what you are about, you will exit this phase of your journey more mature and a richer person because you came and you will touch lives in the process. Be real, persevere, and hang on! It's a crazy ride.

First off, the teachers are not lying when they say all the seemingly pointless essays and book readings will help you once you walk into a lecture hall. So instead of blowing them off and pouting about it, take them seriously and work harder to be more efficient. It will pay off when you reach exam week and are drowning in more than enough studying material. Also, do not worry about not having enough extracurricular activities that involve the school. If you are passionate with something else, like softball or working in your church, do that. It will still give you experience that some people never get if they sit at home. But also, do not let fear hold you back. Give something more than one try before you give up. I understand it may be scary, but it is better to try than to give up and never know. Lastly, do not be afraid to fail. It will happen and most likely more than once. That is life. Failing one test will not be the end of the world. It happens. Relationships will fail too. Just pick yourself up and keep moving. Do not forget to laugh.

Gisselle

One of the biggest pieces of advice I would give myself is to have a good sense of time management coming into the first semester of college. One must remember that in college, a years worth of material is now being crammed into a mere 3-4 months. It is true that in college there isn’t that much busy work but the tests are much harder and the classes require a lot of writing. Prioritizing school before work is essential as well. Transitioning into a new schedule is tough and it would be a good idea to cut back working to 2-3 times a week instead of 5-6 times. By minimizing the amount of time you spend at work you maximize the amount of time needed for actually studying the materials and notes given during the lectures. One of the biggest mistakes one can make is to underestimate the time needed for studying. Studying one week before the exam is not going to benefit you in the end. My overall advice: Make a plan, manage your time, and always put school first.

Nia

I would tell myself to take life more seriously and not to associate myself with negative people. Association with negative people can bring you down and your mood. It can take a toll on your personality also. Another thing I would tell myself is to learn how to be more confident. I was a relatively shy person which held me back from many things such as volunteering and joing clubs. I would say to just put yourself out there even if people may be mean to you. It is possible that they may grow to like you. Live for the future and not the present.

Ellim

Dear Ellim, girl you need to just stop. Stop biting your nails and pacing the floor and just breathe for a second. Having already gone through all of your experiences let me break down for you exactly how you will live your senior year of high school: the first half of the year you work extraordinarily hard on your college applications but worry excessively over every little detail; then after making an arduous decision of where to go to college you become so tired of the worry and anxiety you had surrounded yourself with that you then pull yourself into a coma of distractions and laziness. It is time for you to stop the worry and stop the laziness. You will go to college and have the time of your life and wonder why you had ever worried so much. You will also go on to regret the time wasted and the life taken for granted. I promise you that college is awesome so stop living like a zombie and actually live life, soaking up the rich experiences that only come from being in high school. I promise you much happiness! Bye!

If I could go back in time to talk to myself in high school, I would have a lot to say. First I would tell myself that drinking alcohol will only get you in trouble, and fat. Going to the gym when you have gained weight is harder than you think. I would also tell myself to focus more during my senior year, apply for every scholarship I can find because being broke in college is not fun at all. I would tell myself to always wear flip flops in the communal bathroom, and save save save your money so you can afford to buy food! The last thing I would tell myself if I could go back in time would be to have fun, but focus on school- you're only here for a few years, make good friends.

Isaac

To my younger self, I know you’re probably under a lot of stress about whether or not you should go to college or just work and help out the family and the kids. Since you had no role model and no one else in our family that had actual went to college you’re probably wondering if it’s even worth going to NOVA and pursuing Mason, but I’m telling you now don’t give up. You did a good job applying for that pathway program since they help out with the transition from high school and college and definitely get involved in programs that help with transfer students because they’re really useful. Learning how to manage classes and work because it makes it possible to have a social life. Upon graduate high school with your Advanced Diploma priorities are going to change just keep in mind that you need to put yourself first. I wish you could see the man you’re going to turn into because he is strong in holding his ideas to the core with pride and open everything in life. Stay focused in school because it will pay off Mr. Mason junior.

elizabeth

I would advise my high school self, with absolute confidence, to never ever let your dreams be set aside for anyone. I'd say, "Elizabeth! Be true to yourself, your abilities, and your hard work so far in life. Never allow a anyone to dictate your future. Do not postpone your dreams because someone else in your life might get left behind and hasn't been able to create the success you have created for yourself!" I walked away from tremendous oportunities that I had worked very hard to acheive when I was in high school, because I was codependant and afraid. Never doubt your ability to create success for yourself, by yourself, and dont be afraid of the future. Be just the tiniest bit selfish and know that when the future arrives, you will be strong, capable, independant.

Leanna

If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself not to be scared to follow my dreams, even if others told me they were unrealistic. I have always wanted to study art, but didn't push myself becuase my parents said it would be a waste of time. I applied and was accepted to my dream school, but instead settled for a state school with a mediocre art program. I ended up dropping out after one year. Ten years later, I've decided to take the plunge and go to art school. Sometimes I wish I had just followed my heart in the first place, but am glad to have had the experiences to gain confidence in my choice. I would tell myself to not sell myself short, and to believe that I truly am and was a talented and exceptional person and artist.

Courtney

When you arrive at college, do not be afraid to interact with others and get involved in on-campus organizations. Everyone on campus has been in your position at some point no matter what year he or she may be, and creating friendships allows for both socializing and networking for future job opportunities. Do not continue procrastinating as you do in high school, because deadlines will approach and your stress level will be heightened because of it. The sooner you complete assignments, the less anxiety you will feel. Study, or learn how to study. Although you may not have had to study while in high school, tests and quizzes occur at a much more rapid rate in college: you learn a year's worth of material in three and a half months. In high school, teachers go over the same material multiple times; they may not do that while in college. Because of this, you must learn to manage time wisely in order to study for your classes. Furthermore, classes are more concept-based rather than memorization, learn how to stop memorizing terms and actually grasp the concepts. Finally, make sure you explore your off-campus environment while you can.

Shannon

You graduated early, got a great job right out of high school, and you even have your own place. You are on top of the world now that you moved from Pennsylvania to California at the ripe age of 17! I know you think that things will just go up from here, and they will, but only for a while. You will marry. Your marriage will fall apart, your husband will refuse to work, and refuse to go back to school. You will get pregnant, twice. Your children will depend on you to provide for them, and to show them the value of hard work and never giving up. You will swallow pride and accept food stamps, WIC, and medi-cal. Unless you want to struggle for years, please, go to school now. You will regret it later, everything about it from the experience of college, friends, and your valuable education. They will take away your marriage, your cars, your kids, your things, and your home, but they can never take your education away from you.

Erick

If I was given that chance to travel backwards in time and give my senior self a pep talk, I would tell myself to outwork everyone and befriend as many people as I possibly could. The reason for that specific advice is because if I had done very well my senior year I could have gone off to a university instead of a 2 year college. Also, befriending a large amount of individuals would benefit me later in life because then I could have people write recommendation letters for me or possibly even help me get employed.

Christine

Dear Self, I'm sure the infamous quesiton, "What do you want to be/do in life?" has been asked about a milion times now. I know you must believe that your world is what's around you at this instant. However, that is just a fraction of what your life holds. Your future is going to start now and every choice you make will count. Forget the parties and boyfriends, you need to plan ahead! There is absolutely no room for mistakes and wasting time. Plan your life and take those additional classes now, otherwise, you'll be stuck in my situation of fighting to get into the classes I need. Time, for me is becoming an issue. If I had known what I do now, I would not waste so much time on making room for my social life with friends and family. They'll always be there but the school calendar will keep on rolling, with or without you. As a senior in high school, I know you already know that you want to be in the healthcare field. Stick to your initial intenitions and go for graduate school! Don't hesitate, your graduate degree is important!

James

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school and advise myself of something, the first thing I would tell myself is to cut corners and save as much money as possible. I’m going to learn right quick that college is extremely expensive and that transferring from a community college to a four year school is a decision I wouldn’t regret due to all the money I would save. I’d also tell myself to give up on engineering and switch to psychology, the math is way too hard and simply something I’m not cut out for and plus I’ve always enjoyed helping others anyways. The last thing I’d tell myself is to take a great deal of time to pick the professors I sign up for each semester. Professors will make you or break you and the ones that break you will not only build a debt in your pocket, make you feel like a failure and dismantle your motivation to keep striving, but they often teach you the least in the subject.

Mahrukh

Dear High School self, My biggest regret in college is picking a major that I was not particularly fond of. Though I know being a Finance major could help me find a stable job, I have spent these past years in college dreading going to classes. At one point, I finally decided to pick a minor which dealt more with what I want to do as a career, which has always been international development regarding the environment. Classes have become more bearable, but these business classes will make you miserable. My biggest advice: do not compromise your happiness. You are going to be surrounded by friends who genuinely love their majors, and you will regret never being one of those people. Major in whatever you want, as long as you get internships and experience in that field, you will be fine post-grad. If you are doing something that makes you miserable, you will end up hating everything because school will be your life for the next four years. So, my high school self, do what makes you happy and do not compromise it because happiness is one thing that is in YOUR control throughout life. Sincerely, Your college self

vanessa

The advice that I would give to myself is to learn how to be responsible and stand on my own. Basically, in high school, I would have teachers reminding me about homework and quizzes but, in college they give me a syllabus and I have to be responsible enough to know when the works are due; nobody was there for me to remind me in college. Therefore, it was very difficult for me at first. If I had learn that while in high school it would not be a problem for me in college. So, I would tell myself start to practice how to be responsible and independent because that is what college life is all about. I had a bad grade on a homework just because I forgot to submit it so that should never happen to me if I had learn in high school to become independent and responsible.

Heather

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot of advice to give myself. The first thing I would try to explain is how making better grades could help me get into the college I want. Also, I would make my classes a lot easier to understand and get through faster. I also would convience myself to try to go that extra mile when it comes to writing papers. I think that if I would have taken more time and effort into my papers I would have been a better writer. I would then tell my self to take more curricular activities such as an extra math or science class so I could come to really love and understand those two subjects when I would start college. I think that if I would have taken my own advice back then; school would be going more smoothly and I would not have as much trouble with the little thing. I also would have continued school right after I graduated instead of procrastinating the next 4 years since my thoughts would have been fresh and ready for school again.