George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Do not give up track and field and your other extracurricular activities. Those help build more connections and will keep you extremely happy. You will not regret that. Also, stay active! Freshman 15 is real! So take advantage of the gyms and club sports. College is not like highschool. You cannot get away with not studying and going off memory. It is a lot harder and more intense. Stay focused, study, and do not lose sight!

My experience at Mason has granted me opportunities and challenges that have prepared me for the future. It has allowed me to grow as an individual, with an open-mind to other races/ethnicities. Mason taught me how to discipline myself and transform into a mature and hard-working, success driven individual. Furthermore, I have met some of the best people in the world here who have guided me and motivated me to do my best.

I would advice parents to allow their children to attend as many college visits. It is important for the student to like the college enviroment. Another advice is not to prevent a student from going to college because of Money issues. There is so many oppurtunites avaible that preventing a child from going to school they want because of money trouble would be bringing a big unnessesary obstacle to the child's future.

I would tell myself to learn more about the schools which I applied to and take full advantage of the information available. Had I known more about the opportunities which Mason offers I would have probably listed them as my first choice. I would also tell myself to be more open and social when I got to college so that it wouldn't have taken me quite as long to make friends and become a part of my campus' social scene.

I would tell myself to truly work hard for what I am passionate for. I have regrettedly made some decisions that I wish I could have taken back, so if I had the chance to do it again, I would care more about my school work. I would also tell myself to manage my time and make time for things that I wanted to do. I learned that in college it is much more than academics and more about an experience and learning .

Continue to follow your heart and God through all the trials they will make you strong and mold you to become someone that will look back on things that made the world a better place. Following you instincts to continue to make good and postive friends. When it comes to making choices that the family dosent aggree on...just do it because this is your life and with God on your heart and walk, things will be fine.

If I were to go back in time, the advice I would give myself would be don?t hold back. Don?t let family tell you that you can?t do something, when you know you can! Don?t let the newness of having all this freedom now get to you. Study more and stick with it. You will do great, and I am proud that you have gotten this far on your own. Finally keep it up and you will get where you want in life. Good Luck!

When picking a college or university make sure price isn't the reason you are picking the school. You can't go cheapily on your education. It is worth paying more for a school if is the one that you think you can get the best education at. Diversity in the community at the college is important because you can learn the most from other people. The experiences/life stories that they can tell you is amazing.

Don't be afraid to meet new people or get to know teachers on a personal level. Socially, meeting new people is the best way to open doors and create life long friends and connections. The teachers you get to know will be your helping hand when its time for you to get the job you've always wanted! Also, have more school spirit! Its a great way to have fun when you can yell your head off at basketball games!

My experience as a nontraditional community college student has given me the opportunity to flourish in a small setting before going out to tackle the world. I have been able to be involved on my campus and in my community as well as receiving superior class room experiences. I am a leader on campus and that is somethiing that I will carry with me in my future college experiences and also into my career.