George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

Never rush to make a descion specially when it comes to picking the college of your choice. Make sure you do lots of research about school but also about what you want and what your personality is. Always consider money situation, the travel between home and school, and the academic level of the school.

Not much. I was well prepared and researched behind a lot of community colleges before I chose one. I piched a CC because they were cheaper and would allow me to develope my degree more as I explored myself and several courses. If I had to say something, it would be "good luck, missy. And take it easy."

Visit the school! Seeing it makes a huge difference. Visit as many as possible. As for making the most of the experience, go to class and do your work on time! Then use the rest of your time for socializing. Have fun but remeber that your paying for this education, and it will change your life!

Do not get distracted or caught up with your idea of what college should be like. Too many high school seniors want to attend a "party school." Instead, the most important thing to keep in mind is to look closely at each college to decide which is the best choice for you or your student.

I would have told myself to be more outgoing from the start. I was extremely shy before going to college and it took me a long time to open up once I got to college. Being outgoing is key in college - it's the best way to make friends, be involved in class, and get to know your professors.

I would give myself the advice to really pick classes that you are interested in for your first semester to learn things. Another thing I would tell myself is that you can help others, but not to your own detriment. Helping others is great unless you are putting their work before your own.

Go to the campus and check it out. Reading about it is nothing like living it. Talk to the teachers and administrators. See how diverse it is, and the different way that one can learn. Check out their school activites, and organization...you must always find something that you can fit in!

The friends that I have made is the one experience that I have gotten out of this. It's very valuable to me because we became so close that we became brothers. Everything in this world can be replaced with enough time and/or money, but others are harder to replace, like life-long friends.

I would tell myself to relax more and have more fun. Sometimes I feel like I get too caught up in the academic side of college and forgot the other parts. It feels like I'm just learning now to get more involved and my college career is almost over. I wish I had realized this sooner.

There are several things I would like to warn myself of. I would tell myself to study more math and to get tutoring earlier. The transition for me was easy but I ended up hating the roommate I got so I would tell myself to really get to know people before I agreed to room with them.