George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

I wish I had known about quality of life at this campus. For as much money as I pay each semester, I don't feel like my college experience is being fulfilled as expected. There isn't much to do on campus, everything off campus is too expensive, and there are way too many distractions, bad ones.

I wish i had known how well our New Century college worked and how easily you can get a job from that department in comparison to the other colleges are my univeristy. I would have done New Century so that i could create my own major that would apply more to what i want to do after i graduate.

I wish that I had known more about the myriad opportunities to find internships and engage with professionals in my field of study. I have been able to meet many prominent political scientists and several of my favourite authors because Mason hosts so many events which draw them.

George Mason is a huge place and there is a home here for everyone, but the best way to get started is to get involved. I know this gets said often, but it's honestly true. There are so many clubs and organizations, there is a perfect fit for everyone, you just have to look!

I wish I would have known how the college financial aid system worked and when deadlines were. I got excepted after the FAFSA consideration for the 2014/2015 school year and didnt know I had to have it complete by March so I missed out on all of there internal scholarships.

I wish I had known how little school spirit Mason has. I had heard good things about their basketball team, which made up for their lack of football team, but their rise in divisions has made them struggle and there isn't anything worth cheering for or supporting anymore.

Before coming to my school, I wish I had known that it is slightly hard to get a job on and off campus. Had I known this, I would have worked more to save money for tuition, housing and groceries. I didn't realize how much money is actually spent on groceries alone.

I wish I had known that the school's one courses were equivalent to two courses from NVCC, then I would not have thought about the money and come straight to George Mason to study. Because of which I am studying an extra semesterin George Mason making up courses.

The financial aid package may not be very useful for many students. I, for example, am attending George Mason with no financial aid. Make sure you have a job on the side or some saved up money in your bank account if you find yourself paying 100% out of pocket.

While there are around 30,000 students at Mason, no one is really around during the weekends. So the weekends have a dendency to become dead. Also the food places all close except the obscure ones during the weekends, so that can be inconvenient at times.