George Mason University

« See more reviews of George Mason University

The best thing about George Mason University is the campus diversity. This diversity is more than just students’ racial background. It is diversity in culture, economic status, interests, sexual orientation, and more. This is a highlight of GMU because you become a better, more well-rounded person by attending. Every class you go to provides you an opportunity to learn something new. Also everyone provides a unique perspective that you would not get if you went somewhere where everyone is like you. You definitely leave GMU with a better understanding of the world as a whole.

As an accounting major, the location of the campus is perfect for creating and developing contacts with local businesses to use in the post graduation job search. Proximity to Washington DC and many job opportunities also means that many alumni are locally employed and return to the campus in order to mentor students or recruit from the student body for their current employer. On top of the practical benefits, the campus is beautiful, there are always events for students who desire to get involved, and as a growing university the options available continue to improve.

I donot know about the other GMU students/faculty/etc' views, but i think the university is helping in producing the broad and enlighened minds. Take "racial diversity" as a simple example. I mean to say that the university has realised that a smart way to educate people is to mix people from different ethnicities, by which each individual will be aided by a new and different views or ideas to apply in their lives and excel in their studies. In addition to that, the university is diluting the feeling of discrimination and educating people to harmoniously live together.

George Mason University's greatest quality is diversity. As one of Virginia's largest universities, our student body represents all 50 states and over 130 different countries. Students of all racial, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds come together to live and learn. George Mason has 24 international and multicultural student organizations as well. These organizations showcase their talents, interests, and goals every year during I Week (International Week). The week's events include musical performances, cooking classes, parades, and a dance competition.

In my opinion, the best thing about George Mason University is their diverse community. It is a place where one is able to meet people from different places and backgrounds and as such does not feel intimidated in expressing their ideas. A community that cares and despite the many differences comes togehter to work on a common goal is one that is worth being a part of; and Mason provides one such envirionment. This defining chareacter of the institution makes it possible for students to feel a sense of belonging and motivates them to be better individuals.

The best thing about George Mason University is that the professors encourage you to achieve greatness. I love being challenged academically in an environment where the teachers want to see you work hard, but most importantly, succeed. It is extremely rewarding to work towards a goal that your professors are there to help you with every step of the way if need be. Although it can amount to a lot of time used studying, researching, and learning, it is worth receiving the education that will enable us to chase our career dreams and help change the world.

I think the best thing about my school is the diversity and the wide variety of majors. I could have attended an HBCU (Historically Black College/ University), but I wanted to attend a college that catered to many nationalities and ethinicities. I also wanted to attend a college/ university with my preferred major. I intend on majoring in Forensic Science and Forensic Science is a hard major to come across. The closest major you can find to Forensic Science is Biology and Chemistry. I am very happy that I found an amazing college that has what I want.

Diversity is the most common used term for this school. However, people generally keep to themselves due to busy schedules of sticking in cliques. It cannot be helped because GMU is known as a commuter school with those working and studying full-time. So there is not much time to socialize. The location is great because it provides convenience for those who want to work, study, and explore. In addition, there are many freebies associated with being a GMU student, such as sports facilities, computer labs, buses, and reduced tickets to concerts.

I have been part of the George Mason community even before I became a student at the university. I have been part of what connects students, from the motivation of college enrichment programs, that go into the middle class communities, and give knowledge to the youth about college and what can be attained by striving for those goals. I have become a better person by going to college, and I really can not picture myslef being anywhere but Mason. The diversity is something I define my identity within the campus and within its colorful students.

There are so many thing that are great about George Mason University, from the welcoming feeling of the campus and diversity in the student body. But the one thing that George Masin does the best is preparing their students for life after college. At the end of the day the main reason for why I am at college is to jumpstart my career and become financially secure to live a good life. With the various resources that are avaliable like the career serivces office George Mason does a superb job at getting their students ready for the real world.