George Washington University Top Questions

Ericka

Being in the heart of the city and basically supplying most of the Hill's interns.

Isabella

Every Sunday there's an all you can eat brunch buffet on the Vern. If you're running low on cash it's great to bring tupperware and stock up on snacks for the week.

Aneesa

Politics.

Yessenia

For being so close to the White House, and the opportunities it gives its students. Students are able to get internships in the White House, the Pentagon, the Capitol, and many other places in the government. It's also known for the importance of the professors and how hands on they are because they are still working in the field that they are teaching about.

Plain and simple - there aren't really any. Colonial Inauguration can be fun for freshmen but after that there really isn't much. One cool thing is that they set up a beer garden a couple times each spring. The best tradition is probably that each student will get a chance to see a President inaugurated by the time they graduate.

Jonthan

My school is best known for its social sciences. Mainly in the specific field of political science. Most students come to The George Washington University in order to study politics because its so central in the city of Washington DC. Its four blocks away from the white hous, couple of blocks from the World Bank, and 1 mile away from the Secretary of State. GW is known for its high political activity and therefore acts as a magnet to thos politically inclined.

Monica

Without a doubt, George Washington University is known for offering fantastic opportunities for internships and careers, no matter what your major. Whether you want to work on Capitol Hill or at the Smithsonian, there's something here for everyone.

Iman

International Affairs, Political Science, Business, great internship opportunities.

It's liberal arts programs and alumni involvement with the government! Many of our presitgious alumni go on to work in the White House or become political leaders. GW is very popular, also, for it's basketball team, mock trial team, and graduate programs.

Jaclyn

This school is known because it is the most expesive university in the country. They can deny it all they want but it is always either rated #1 or #2 each year. It is also known for having really nice dormatories. A lot of them are apartments. It is a very good political science school. It has the best location of all the schools in DC. It is in the nicest part of town, right off the metro, and just a few blocks from all of the most popluar tourist attractions in the city.

Heather

Politics.

Abby

location, politics, Jewish community, internships, connections

Christopher

GWU is most known for its political activism. Most students will have either an internship or job for the government during there four years here and some will continue to work for the government long after they've graduated. It is an exciting place to be during an election year.

Katica

Internship opportunities and politics

Kelli

GW is known most for its proximity to the capital. There are endless opportunities for internships and jobs. Any activity you can imagine is usually just a metro ride away.

Lisa

The policitcal science and international affairs.

Jonathan

It's high tuition cost and it's politics/international affairs programs.

Being politically active, very involved students who actually work hard yet play hard.

Monica

Snotty rich girls. And it's in the middle of DC. and It's a "really good school."

Besides its location in downtown Washington DC and its well respected political science/international affairs departments, GW is best known for being the most expensive college in the country, topping the $50k mark when all is said and done.

Colby

Being in the middle of DC and providing a great education. Especially in Journalism and International Studies

Margaret

My school is best known for its amazing location in Washington, DC and the opportunities available here. When they tell you that it's easy to find an internship in your field, they'sre not joking.

meg

Wshington DC, hanging out on the Mall, the monuments, Secret Service guys, the dorms, great internships, meeting presidents of foreign countries, working on the Hill