George Washington University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Meredith

GW is pretty expensive school. Therefore, the typical stereotype of students here is that everyone is rich and spoiled. It's definitely what I thought coming in! And even though there are a lot of kids here that come from wealthy backgrounds, there's just as many working their butts off to afford the tuition! And everyone gets along well! Money doesn't individually define us by any means!

Meredith

bob

snobby rich kids

That they are rich, snobby, elitist, condescending, exclusive, judgmental, and heavily into partying.

They are predominantly wealthy and tend towards the entitled side. It is not unusual to see a girl (or guy) in uggs, a miniskirt or leggings, several layered tops, a blackberry in one hand and a Starbucks in the other. They are quickly annoyed if you inconvenience them in any way and will let you know about it very loudly. On the other hand, I have met some of my best friends in the world at this school. There is a niche for everyone, you just have to find it.

GW Students are stereotypically very wealthy politically-minded overachievers.

Skylar

That GW is full of rich, stuck up kids that live inside their own little bubble.

Some stereotypes are that GW students are really wealthy and stuck up.

Lots of jappy people and wealthy people

People stereotype GW students as Jewish, wealthy, materialistic, and politically active.

Steve

All students are from New Jersey and Long Island. All students want to be politicians

Rich and Snobby

Not as smart as Georgetown / Georgetown rejects

Seth

Rich, Jappy, Georgetown waitlist, Motivated, Political

That they are rich and jewish

Rory

That they are wealthy and Jewish. There is also a stereotype that they bought their way into GW and that not only are they not qualified enough to even come here, but they are so under qualified that their money couldn't buy them into somewhere better.

Parker

Rich, Jappy, Blackberry loving, Coke heads

Rich, snobby, spoiled, most guys are gay, the rest of the guys are unattractive but have huge egos, girls are very attractive but date unattractive guys because that is all that is available.

One Stereotype about GW is that it is run like a business and not a university, and that it will screw over its students to save a dollar. Stereotypes about gw students - they are rich, spoiled kids from long island and new york city. They have had everything handed to them in their lives. Another stereotype is that everyone is jewish.

Shawn

GW Students as a whole are considered wealthier than the average student. This may be because they are able to afford our unprecedentedly high tuition rates.

Craig

Spoiled rich kids who are in school as a vacation and it doesn't really matter how much money they spend.

Zach

Japs, Rich Kids, Politcal,

That people that go to GW are wealthy because of the cost of school.

Preppy, Rich, large gay population, popped collars,

Max

One of the major stereotypes of GW students is that many are very affluent and snobby students mainly from the New York/New Jersey area of the jewish descent. Also that just in general GW is the home of many affluent students.

Everyone is interested in politics, everyone is wealthy, there is a huge jewish population on campus

Rich, snobs, JAPs, way too political, liberals

everyone is materialistic and Jewish and don't care about the environment

Todd

JAPS, Rich Kids, White, Stuck-up...

Rich, Snobby, Political

Rich, jappy, smart, politically-minded, preppy.

jappy rich kids

Brendan

Too expensive, spoiled students, politically oriented

Meredith

Rich snobby jewish kids

Some stereotypes about GW students are that every student is rich and super wealthy here.

Jacquelyn

they are all ridiculously loaded

There are a few ideas that have developed for what GW stands for, the most popular being "Georgetown Waitlist," alluding to the fact that most students here apply to Georgetown as their first choice but, due to laziness, insufficient grades, or "new money" status, do not get in. I've also heard the term "Jew W" used to describe the school; it's about a quarter Jewish, and these Jews are loud and proud. Many of the girls are either JAPs or WASPs, living off of daddy's credit card, wearing Juicy sweatsuits, and most recently leggings with Uggs and a dirty white t-shirt. Students are also very, very cliquey and fairly judgmental of other groups, but most are involved in a variety of extracurricular activities. Competition arises between who has a better internship and who will get their dream job on Capitol Hill post-grad. There is also a large competition between Democrats and Republicans, but most who identify with either group usually only know what their professors have told them on the subject.

They are mostly jewish

Ariel

Some stereotypes include that GW is a school full of "JAPs" (Jewish American Princesses.) It is so expensive so therefore many of the students probably "paid" their way in.

The students appear to be very wealthy and self centered, and there are definitely people like that, but the school is not only comprised of that.

preppy, rich

Parker

Rich, JAPs, super political, Jewish, overpriced, care more about internships than school

JAPs rich kids not academically-minded obsessed with politics homogeneous population

Ashleigh

Snobby, rich kids, new yorkers

Jewish, spoiled, not fun

harriet

That they are rich and snobbish

Steve

Rich, Jewish, white kids. Snobby. All from the north east, mainly NJ, NY, and MA.

Some sterotypes are that everyone here is rich and didn't get into the ivy league school they wanted to. Their parents spoil them and give them daddy's credit card. Most students are jappy (Jewish American Princess/Prince J.A.P.) and way too political.

that we are all preppy, politically active rich snobs who like to flaunt our cash and family prestige

Georgetown rejects Extremely wealthy Always talking about politics