George Washington University

« See more reviews of George Washington University

GW is a great place for internship opportunities and for networking after you graduate. There are few places in the country where there is such a diverse group of potential careers. One thing I would change would be more accessibility to wireless internet. People are generally impressed when you say that you go to GW. I spend most of my time on the Foggy Bottom Campus. The administration is too tied up in red-tape bureaucracy. There was a conflict over a Muslim student association protest last semester. There is not a lot of school spirit here, it's a little difficult to get into it because there is no football team. Colonial Inauguration is an experience I will always remember. The most common complaints lack of wireless access (which is being changed now), the cost of food on covered under GWorld Colonial Cash, and the lack of a football team.

GW is a great school for those who are not interested in the typical college environment. School pride is not based upon an all-star football team - we don't even have one - but on our location in downtown DC and the awesome internships and city life available right at our fingertips. We are minutes away from the monuments, Georgetown, the White House, and the Potomac River. Since it's an urban campus students not only enjoy campus life - with hundreds of students organizations and many on-campus events (including one concert each semester) - but everything the exciting city of DC has to offer, from awesome concerts to extremely delicious restaurants to events at the Kennedy Center. In my opinion, GW is an amazing school that has offered me the best opportunities and given me the absolute greatest memories.

GWU is an amazing school academically, and the location is ideal for Washington, DC internships and jobs. Professors generally have some professional background in their subject matter and the networking opportunities are endless. However, many students seem not to get involved on campus or in the community. It's frustrating to make friends when many students pay $50,000+ a year in tuition and school fees, yet remain unmotivated. Also, if you're into sports, this is not the university for you. GWU has no football team, and there is not much school pride in the rest of our sports teams. Overall, GW students form a tight community and can bond over campus experiences such as Thurston Hall, the Vern, or our unofficial Hippo mascot.

The best thing about GW is its location. It boils down to a simple equation: GW=DC. It seems everyone has found a way to integrate themselves into the world-class metropolis that is our nation's capital, and we love every minute of it. DC is the greatest city in the world (at least in our opinion) for which to study. GW is brimming with school pride, despite being in the center of a major city, with a campus that contains city blocks. From our great Colonial Inauguration freshman orientation program, to the pride we have in our 22 Division I sports teams, everyone has love for GW. There are also so many organizations and ways to get involved that everyone can find their niche, something worth writing home about.

Although you'd think that students here have other things to do than participate in greek life, it is the dominant scene on campus, especially if you're a freshmen. At night, or on weekends if you're not in a fraternity or sorority, you don't have a social life. In class too, even if you think you're close friends with someone it turns out that almost everyone here is looking to somehow get ahead, no matter who gets in their way. Everyone is looking out for his or her best interest and would like to see you fail if it means they would be getting ahead.

GW has a great size campus. It is in a perfect location. I would change the some of the students that attend here. The majority of the students do not have a desire to change a problem in life, they just go on with their merry life. I think that the administration does an okay job in regards to everything. I do not see them overly active in anything, but this might have somethign to do with the recent change in presidents. There is no school pride

I wouldn't recommend GW to students. As a whole, it's one of those universities that has decent academics, but mastery in not very many fields, with the exception of international relations. The university would be better off with lower tuition rates, and more motivated and intelligent students. An addition of better professors who spent more time on their students would also be a beneficiary, with a bit more emphasis on introductory classes.

The best thing about GW is that the campus is located directly in the city and students can go anywhere they please, whether it is Georgetown or elsewhere in the city. I think the GW school size is just right. When I tell people I go to GW, they are impressed and react positively. There is a decent amount of school pride, but not an enormous amount. The most frequent student complaints are that they're a lack of campus food options.

GW has a very strong alumni network. Since GW is quite popular internationally, its alumni networking is spread out all over the world. And for most times, you can get access to these alumni easily. As the nearest school to the White House, GW has tons of great opportunities, for example great internship in various departments of U.S. government, almost guest speech in different topics offering everyday, and etc.

Its an urban campus in a wonderful city. So much is at your fingertips, but you have to be willing to take advantage of all the opportunities here. The campus has a very collegy feel and you definitely know that you are on a college campus. It is just the right size, with a mixture of small and large classes. I see familiar faces around campus all the time, but I there are still plenty of people to meet.