George Washington University

« See more reviews of George Washington University

GW does a good job creating a campus type of community even though it is a city school. Most students come from similar backgrounds alhtough GW claims to have such a broad diversity of students. There are a lot of cool opportunities that come with going to GW such as public speakers that would not come to other schools or internships you would not be able to get if you went to school in the suburbs.

GWU is a wonderful school that does it best to make sure the campus has a diverse student body and many organizations to join. The school is perfectly located in downtown Washington D.C which influence the dynamic atmosphere the campus has. Their is a ton of school pride. You can always spot at least two students in class with their GWU gear and hundreds of students at sports games.

The school is known for specific schools, otherwise it is not worth it. The tuition is overpriced with very little financial aid or scholarships. It is amazing that their is a college campus in the middle of the city and really cool that I could basically see the White House and the Washington Monument from my freshman dorm. Other than that, it

The best thing at GW is its location. Its a small school with great resources in the surrounding community. Jobs are everywhere--and so is food. Most of my time on campus is spent being busy or around my room or outside. There is very little school pride in the athletic sense, most people just care about drinking and drugs.

DC is a great college town. Georgetown is only a 10 minute walk. There are tons of restaurants, museums, bars, clubs, movie theaters, and other hangout spots. The size is just right: there are enough people that you run into a lot of people on the way to every class, but you also meet new people every day.

The education here is a hit or miss with your professors. So far (three years in), I've had an interest mix of terrific classes and professors...but also a bunch of weird or new adjunct professors. Overall, you're here for the location and the internship opportunities presented to students.

When I tell people I go to GW they react in different ways. Sometimes they ask me if I am really politically active or if I am rich...It really depends. Washington DC is an amazing place to go to school. There is always something to do.

The school lacks unity. Peple dont wear GW stuff around campus. Greek life is growing and is an excellent thing to get involved in. with the change in president of the university we are waiting to see what Knapp will do.

I love it. Its the perfect balance of not too much cheesy school activities which allows you to have your independence, yet there is a great community that makes you feel part of a student group.

GW is large enough so that not everyone knows you but small enough at the same time so that if you want a scene you can have one or if ou want school spirit just go watch a GW basketball team.