George Washington University

« See more reviews of George Washington University

great location, lots of opportunities for internships, lots of college students in and around dc. administration is heavy-handed and most students think very little of it, especially considering how much we pay. they make a big deal out of every little thing that could appear to shed bad light on the university. school pride when the basketball team's good (not currently). it's a good size, not too big, not too small, integrated well into the city.

Best thing at the school is the greek life One thing I would change is more school spirit Just right in terms of size They react in a positive way I spend my most time in ivory basement Not a college town Schools administration is somewhat invisible Biggest Controversy was the recent article that described stereotypes at GW by the washington post Nothing really unusual Student complaints are that their is no school pride

I believe this school is just right. Its the perfect size. You may not know the name of every single person but you definately get to know a good amount of your class. It's in the perfect area, there is no better place than DC. I'm from Manhattan and i've had the best time here at DC that as a senior i've decided to stay here after graduation. It's become a home and like every other place college is exactly what you make of it.

DC is the best place to live. As a young person there are lots of clubs for 18+ at night. You can also go to the monuments, Smithsonian museums, and the zoo for free. It's easy to get around without a car. If you're interested in politics, even better, but there are internships in every major. There are also lots of other colleges in the area so you can go to their events; there is a big student culture in the city.

I love that DC is so accessible to students, and that GW really takes advantage of that with speakers, workshops, and events that showcase the city. It really is an urban campus, and there is a definite political charge to GW as a whole. This does, however, slightly diminish the feel of a traditional "college experience". There are no football games, little school spirit, and a lack of common bond between students.

GW is a great place to be but it's not for everyone. There are people that love it and people who hate it and very few people in between. All of my friends love it like I do and couldn't see themselves anywhere else. If I could change anything it would be how much like a business this school can be. It sometimes feels like they're less about academics and more about making money and charging the students.

I love that GW is in a city and I love that their is so much history in one place. I think our school is the perfect size. You can walk down the street and see people who you know and people who you have never seen before. People always think well of me when I tell that that I go to school here. Mostly everyone has heard of the school and it is getting more popular to where more people know about it.

The actual university is wretched. The way they use our money is shockingly irresponsible and offensive, and not at all what students would prefer their money actually go towards. I can honestly say that I do not feel like the university cares about me as an individual. That being said, my professors here have been top-notch, I adore the location, and I love the life I have built for myself here.

The size of the school is just right. I seem to get positive reactions when telling people I attend GW. Living in the city is amazing for all available opportunity. For a school with no football, GW has a lot of school pride. One of the best things about GW is that all the dorms have private bathrooms. The most frequent complaints are about mandatory GWorld spending at J street.

GW is the absolute, no doubt best school for anyone interested in a career in the Political/Legal/Foreign Service fields. The experience you gain in four years is invaluable and is not reflected in GW's rankings. GW is often overlooked when it should be considered a top-tier school in regards to overall experience and preparation, academically and professionally.