George Washington University Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Meredith

GW is located right in DC. Therefore, when I step off campus, I find myself on the National Mall, in front of the White House, along Georgetown shops, and in front of the Lincoln Memorial. GW is also near the Watergate and the Kennedy Center. I think it makes everything more exciting because you can find so many things to do and see just a few blocks from your dorm or your last class of the day!

Leah

This is by far my favorite question because it brings me back to the good old Freshman days. When you step off campus, prepare for your mind to be blown. Besides visiting the White House whenever you please, you have Lincoln, Jefferson, Washington monuments right at your very own fingertips. Along with the monuments are the numerous Smithsonian Museums which are all free. Yes you read the right FREE. F.R.E.E. :) You can also go on a little tour of the Capitol building, embrace your inner agent at the Spy Museum, as well as shop around in the bustling Georgetown or Chinatown! With the metro system being so efficient (and open until 2 AM), the possibilities are endless off campus!

Yinyu

GW is in the perfect location which you are easy to get access to all types of resources. The National Monument is about five minutes away, and my friends and I often take walk their. Then right beside the Monument, there are Lincoln Memorial, WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War Veterans' Memorial. At the other side of the campus, we are about 10 minutes walk to Georgetown where you can get all sorts of catering choices and also tons of stores. M street is another place for food. You can find all types of restaurant, such as Asia, Italian, American, and etc. IMF and World bank are right on the edge of GW, and White House is 20 minutes walk away.