Washington, DC
Georgetown University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgetown University

Caroline

College taught me to branch out beyond my bubble, and to be very, very grateful for the educational opportunities I have had in my life. First, the monochromatic makeup of my campus was, ironically, a blessing because it demonstrated to me how much I dislike being in a non-diverse envrionment, and how much I value the opportunity to meet and learn from others different from me. I studied abroad in Morocco, got involved with the Iranian Cultural Society on campus, and I found my academic passions--Persian/Farsi language and cross-cultural communication. I discovered my strong desire to use that language in non-profit work for refugee resettlement agencies in the United States. I grew into an adult who is eternally grateful for how hard my parents worked to pay for my education, and an adult who made a very deliberate decision to finance the continuation of her own post-college education in a Masters in Persian program; a program that will help me to help others in the ways I hope I can. I learned to trust my own intution, and to follow my the passion I discovered for social justice in my life beyond college.

The fact that its located in Washington, DC with such great access to internships and the city.

That students unfortunately do not take advantage of this proximity to resources of the nation's capital and tend to remain isolated on a campus that has a limited scope of social activities and is not very diverse.

Cylie

College is a while new experience. It was hard at first leaving home an moving to a new town but I am slowly liking this college and living on campus really helps out alot. You are more aware of programs going on and can get help anytime. Going to college is way more fun then high school. You have a lot more freedom and you can count on the teachers or someone to be there to help you along the way. My college has free tutoring which helps alot. I really am glad that I chose this college because its something new to experience and it helps me further my education, and work towards getting a decent job in the future. I didn't think I was gonna be able to go to college because I come from a low income family but the campus really told me about some things I can do to get money and maybe this one will help me out.

Kyle

The school of foreign service here is the best in the world and offers oppotunities unmatched by anywhere else. It's proximity to the Capitol and the White House in DC make Georgetown the ideal place to get involved in the governing and functioning of your government.

The most valuable part of the college experience the connections and bonds created with the amazing people that attend with me. It is clearly apparent that most people at my school, Georgetown University, will go off to be extremely successful and powerful men and women of the world. The ability to create these long-lasting connections is invaluable. Since everyone comes to college as a tabula rasa, it is very easy to connect with others and make new bonds. Also, meeting the brightest and most knowledgeable professors here adds to the connections as they are experts in their own rights with an infinite amount of wisdom to share. Moreover, the dialogue and conversation I have with my peers and professors inspire almost euphoric reactions within me. The depth, expanse, and interest in the world are flabbergasting, and everyone want to change it for the better. Only in the college experience am I able to immerse myself in a world where free-thought reigns free and where my ideas, that might someday change the very paradigms of the world, can be deliberated and improved.

Someone who is not afriad to talk about issues concern our entire world. People here need to speak out on what they believe but should have an open mind to the other views expressed. People party hard but still talk about intellectual subjects.

Caitlin

Georgetown University has opened more windows than I could ever imagine and so far my experience has been beyond what I expected. College in general is a time to ignite your passions and figure out what makes you excited. I love the field of health care and law and Georgetown makes me excited to study that, learning from the top professors in the field. What's even more exciting is that every person you meet in college, be it a friend, classmate, or teacher, has a unique story to tell. It's the time spent talking and getting to know each other that has been the most valuable and most positive learning experience. I would have never met such interesting people back home and now I have to opportunity to know people from the opposite coast, all the way to Dubai, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey. I'm so grateful that I am fortunate to attend such a university with diverse people that you can learn a new culture or hear various experiences different from your own. College is valuable in the aspect that you learn from yours as well as others' experiences. I'll never get this opportunity again!

Muhammad

Hello! I am Muhammad Kashif Jawad. I belong to Rawalpindi, PAKISTAN. I have done Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in Chemical Technology from Pakistan Ordinance Factories Institute of Technology (POFIT), Wah Cantt. My college was about 35 kilometres far away from my home , from which I had to cover the distance of about 5 kilometres on bicycle , then I used to go by bus (rest of the jounney) for my college. My college is one of the best Technical (Semi Govt) college in my city. In my college time I enjoyed classes, my class mates, my theoratical, as well as my practical classes very much. The best message or advice by my college is that to work hard and be loyal and faithful to your studies before, during or after the span you remain in touch with your studies. I tried my best to get better from me and succeed also in my efforts. But now I am not in a position to get further or higher education due to unaffordibility of the finances of my further studies. I hope that you will take some sympathetic action on my present condition and provide me the scholarship. Thanks From: Muhammad Kashif

Lara

Very focused on their appearance and their future, but also tend to be great people if you get to know them.

My college experience has allowed me to discover who I truly am. When I first left for college, I wasn't sure if I would become a "new person" at college, like many said I would. Would I suddenly become a big partier or stop caring about school? In the first semester that identity was uncertain, but now I find myself more certain than ever about the person I am. In fact, the person I know now existed before college, but has blossomed through the college experience. Attending Georgetown has taught me to think seriously about what I am doing with my life. But it hasn't left me hanging. It has also given me tools to help answer that question.

The amazing Catholic community which I have become a part of.

David

In the fall of 1999, I moved to Austin, TX to study studio art at the University of Texas . After attending for five semesters, I decided to leave the university to persue my true passion, music. For ten years I played in a rock band called, Cruiserweight. In that time we released five albums, were signed to record company called Doghouse Records (subsidiary of Warner Music), and toured extensively all over the U.S., Europe, and Japan. Now, nearing the age of thirty, my dream is to go back to school and pursue a career in audio engineering. I am currently enrolled and will begin classes at The Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences in Tempe, AZ. The value of my college experience will be to gain the tools to make my dream a reality. Music always has been, and always will be my life.

Larry

Georgetown University is a Jesuit university steeped in tradition and practices the concept of educating the whole person. There is a 239 year tradition of scholastic excellence that you are reminded of from the first day here until you graduate. The goal of joining the ranks of Georgetown University alumni helps keep a student motivated and focused on the goal.

Attending Georgetown University first as an undergraduate and now as a graduate have been an enlightening and fulfilling experience in many ways. The opportunity to study at a world class university with a tradition of scholastic excellence and enjoy the educational opportunities available to students above and beyond the normal studies has enabled me to meet and work with scholars from around the world. My experience at Georgetown has also instilled in me a sense of purpose beyond that of myself. While my personal goals are important to me I have come to realize there is much more to life to be experienced. Success comes in many forms. While financial and professional success are important, understanding there are human needs throughout the world that I can help meet as a result of my education at Georgetown. I believe that the greatest success will come from serving others and that will not only be rewarding in itself but I believe it will also create success for me in ways that I do not see now.

Students who are not driven to be personally and professionally successful will not be comfortable at Georgetown. Students who are not willing to give back to the local community in the form of public service will not fit well at Georgetown.

Rachael

My classmates are motivated, hard working, competitive, spirited, friendly, and proud to be part of the Georgetown community.

The first thing I would say to myself as a senior in high scool is never doubt your ability to achieve what you want. I knew at the end of my senior year that I wanted to attend Georgetown, but I was too afraid to apply and face rejection. My guidance counselor informed me that Georgetown was a reach and not a very probable option so I settled on George Washington University. While in the same city, these schools are completely different in character and student composition. I applied as a transfer student after my freshman year at GW and was accepted into Georgetown. Looking back, I realize I was actually a very strong candidate for Georgetown and may have been accepted out of high school. I was ranked 9th out of 450 students, I had a high GPA, I was captain of my crew team, I held the same job for five years and was an active member of my church teaching religious classes. I would tell myself to believe in my own talent and not be discouraged by critisism and lack of support.

I think Georgetown's study space is one of the worst elements of this university because as an academically challenging school, there is a serious lack of space and convenience. The library, built in the 1970s, does not have a practical amount of electrical outlets for how many students require them for computers. The atmopshere of the library is also gloomy and almost depressing. There are never enough desks or any comfortable room for studying.

Georgetown University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.