Georgetown University

« See more reviews of Georgetown University

Georgetown can be best described as a balancing act: the academics will push you to be your best in the classroom; the social scene will ensure that you make many friends, some that will last a lifetime; the sports will engulf you into a new and unique form of school spirit; and most importantly, Georgetown trains the politicians, doctors, lawyers, and businessmen of the next generation.

Georgetown embodies a cura personalis, or care for the whole person. Here, students truly become part of a community that combines liberal arts education with religion, fitness, and an enriching and diverse social life and one dedicated to serving others.

Georgetown is a competitive school with a strong emphasis on deeper learning instead of just grades as well as a strong emphasis on meaningful engagements and interactions with profefssors and peers both inside and out of the classroom.

While Georgetown has been regarded as a party school in the past, student mentality has shifted away from a social scene and is now geared towards boosting GPA's and taking on internships.

Goergetown is a home, a small, beautiful, and friendly safe haven for its students and an amazing place to receive an education.

Georgetown fulfils its mission to educate students according to the Jesuit values of cura personalis and service to others.

A school for academically motivated students who are willing to take their education into their own hands.

Jesuit institution that takes pride in a liberal arts education, centered pluralism and community service.

Its a great place if you are looking for a balance between strong academics and a thriving social scene.

This school is academically challenging and has a real interest in protecting its reputation.