Georgetown University

« See more reviews of Georgetown University

My school is known to be an elitist school. I would prefer we had more outreach to inner city youth and focus on early childhood education. This by no means insists that we have none. we have partnered with jumpstart, the AmeriCorp, and the Washington [DC] Government among many. However, with the international collection of academia we have at Georgetown, resources should be used to further early childhood education in the most underserved communities. Social programs on the private sector level are crucial to sustaining an economy and our nation. There is an undiscovered resource in Youth.

Housing. The housing system is terrible--the office is not helpful. Students are expected to choose roommates for the next school year half way through the fall semester, which doesn't give new students enough time to meet people. Also, the dorms and apartments are generally small, cramped, and often have big problems. When students call about problems, like a heater that isn't working, it can take days for facilities to fix it. There isn't enough on-campus housing for all of the students, which is also a big problem!

Honestly, I cannot think of anything negative about Georgetown. I enjoyed my four years at school and time flew by so fast. I guess because it was such a wonderful experience and made time fly by so fast, so that would be my most negative thing to say about the school; not a long enough stay. I wish time would have slowed down to enjoy it more and also to finish sightseeing around the area. I was there four years and still have places to visit. Hopefully soon I will be back in that area for medical school.

I think Georgetown's study space is one of the worst elements of this university because as an academically challenging school, there is a serious lack of space and convenience. The library, built in the 1970s, does not have a practical amount of electrical outlets for how many students require them for computers. The atmopshere of the library is also gloomy and almost depressing. There are never enough desks or any comfortable room for studying.

The worst thing about Georgetown University is probably the rat population. During the evening hours, on campus grounds- not in buildings- you will definitely see a couple of rats. The school does as much it can to keep the rat population at a minimum, but with all the campus development and construction projects happening in the Georgetown Residential Community, encountering a furry critter on any evening is more than likely to occur.

For all of Georgetown's high standards and well-educated staff, their Internet inferface is terrible. The online application was far behind those of other schools as far as organization, and it was not even possible to save my progress as I went. Although I have never failed in finding information I need on the website, it is not as easy to navigate as I would like.

As a sophomore transfer student the worst thing about the school is the relative exclusiveness. The student body seems to have and unwritten code of making your circle of friends right away and keeping it the same all throughout the four years. While every one on campus is friendly and helpful there are definite student clubs that hold an apparent exclusiveness.

The one area in which in which i consider the least favorable about the university is the social life. I believe that social activities are also important for the college experience. At Georegtown there are not that many school sponsered events where students across academic and organizational boundaries can soley meet and socialize.

I think the worst thing about Georgetown University is the expense. Though I have thoroughly enjoyed my college experience, it has been challenging and stressful to constantly try to earn money to cover the exorbitant tuition bill and the expenses incurred by living in a city, traveling home for breaks, etc.

The worst thing about GU is the overwhelmingly liberal political bent of the student body and administration, up to and including the University President. I say this because it stifles conservative opinion and real political debate, without which there can be no true understanding of public policy.