Georgetown University

« See more reviews of Georgetown University

I believe the best aspect of Georgetown is the sense of community that exists at Georgetown. It is hard not to fit in when everyone is part of the Hoya family. This sense of kin that exists within undergraduates creates an environment that is fertile for both learning in classrooms and learning in real life. The social scene at Georgetown is one that will surely lead to great connections for future job opportunities as well. I believe that Georgetown successfully portrays a school that balances the pressures of academic work with the fun that every college student should experience.

Attend Georgetown allows be access to the best research facilities in the academic world. The faculties commitment to scholarly learning put me in the avant-garde of students worldwide. Georgetown social culture fosters learning outside of the campus and aids ones journey in life beyond school. It is a thrilling experience to be in the center of the Nation’s capital just minutes away from the Library of Congress and the Capitol building. For me you are learning in the neighborhood circles that I will one day work. Through our speakers series we have access to many world Leaders.

Georgetown University's curriculum and faculty are the heart of the university. The faculty and their relationships with stduents is phenomenal. The professors are invested in thier students success and academic growth. I have defintley become a stronger scholar and more prepared for professional and field experiences becuase of the courses that i have taken at the university. Small class sizes, individual attention and a strong push from the school's faculty for academic success is what every student at the university expereiences.

I consider the best thing about Georgetown is how excellent it is in so many diverse fields. You can change your majors with ease because you do not have to worry about the quality of education offered in other fields of interest. It is an excellent academics school although most students are down to earth and willing to help in tough courses. Georgetown is a community that is always proud to do good for the university and its students. Alumni are extremely helpful and are willing to always help regarding jobs and counseling.

I think one of the best things about Georgetown University is the availability of opportunities. Whether you are looking for an opportunity to learn about a new culture, an opportunity to explore the capitol or an opportunity to gain professional experience in your field, chances are Georgetown has the resources to help you achieve that. Professors, on-campus offices and the vibrant location of our school enables our education to include more than just the classroom.

While the academic environment can be overwhelming for some, I find it really invigorating. It allows students who are interested in learning to have access to the resources that they need to succeed. The students who attend this school are all really smart while maintaining a very down to earth attitude which is very refreshing. The passion that the students feel for the school and for learning is infectious and that is one of my favorite things about the school.

I believe that the best thing about Georgetown is its emphasis on diversity. The school stresses the importance of diversity and I consider that one of the most amazing things. I have met so many different people from various backgrouds, socio-economic statuses, ethnicties, and personalities. Knowing so many people truly makes you a better person, for you are able to see other parts of the world and hear opinions that would have otherwise not exisited to you.

I truly love the sense of community at my school. I applied to many colleges and universities, but chose Georgetown because of the inviting people who were also diverse and could allow me to learn and develop as a whole person rather than simply academically. I appreciate the jesuit values of my school without forcing its students to be religious and the continued support from every staff and faculty member.

the connections you make with either incredibly intelligent or incredibly well connected students. mostly the quality of the student body as driven and intelligent. additionally, the teachers are generally of high quality though about 1 out of every 10 classes has a teacher that is dumber than a third of the students in class

Georgetown's reputation combined with its location in Washington DC affords it many unparalleled opportunities. We have amazing guest speakers - famous politicians as well as experts in every academic field, tons of free museums, amazing internship opportunities, etc.