Georgia College and State University Top Questions

Wellp, majority of them are white. Then comes black students, latino students, asian student, mixed students, and international students. With the white students you have to be iffy, because a lot of them are or come off as racist and its easy to automatically assume everyone is like that. In this college you have to be careful to not have friends who bring you down and to only associate with those whom truly matter and are worthwhile.

Tristin

Everyone is friendly with each other at the school. You can just walk up to a stranger then the next minute become long time friends.

Terrell

My fellow peers here at Georgia College are invigorating, ready to enhance their status in life, both academically, socially, and or financially; my peers are also prepared to meet failure and overcome the struggles that will have to be neautralized in order to advance, more than any other instiutuion that I have visited or heard about.

abigail

my classmates are all really nice! i don't feel scared at all asking for help or striking up conversation with any of them. I've met some pretty great friends here.

We are a very open campus whether you are religious, non-religious, gay, straight, poor, rich, white, black, Asian, whatever. I have seen all different types of people on campus and there is probably a club or group somewhere on campus that suits almost every personal interest. This college is about meeting different people, and I don't have a group of friends that are all the same by any means. Some are rich, some are struggling financially, some work 40 hour weeks to pay for school, some are different races, some are different religions, etc. I would say that dress for class is generally pretty laid back. I see some people dressed up in heels and pencil skirts for class, but when summer time rolls around, the main attire is t-shirt, shorts, chacos, toms, flip flops, etc. I feel as though most students here are pretty laid back and overall accepting of people who are not the same as them.

lauren

We are a diverse group of people with the same goal, learning.

GCSU has a very diverse range of students. I would say the majority of students are white Christian individuals. African Americans are an obvious minority on this campus. Those students tend to stick to their groups and not branch out and meet other people. There is a good range of international students which makes things fun and interesting. Most students are pretty laid back, and it's not uncommon to see people wearing their pajamas to class every day of the week.

There are many different races here, but not a lot of numbers in the minorities. The majority of the students here are white and to me, it seems like most of them are from the upper class. We are trying to encourage and get more minorities into the school so that we have a greater amount of them here. Most students where the same thing to school the girls are all about the Nike running shorts and big T-shirts while the guys are mostly wearing khakis and a t shirt. In the winter most of the girls are in leggings and big T-shirts. Most of the students here are in sororities and fraternities, but I am not and I still am involved and know people around school. Different types of students are always interacting myself as a white female has a black roommate and is dating a black boy on the basketball team. All the students are SO nice as well. You can be walking on campus and some students will just smile at you and say hey even if they do not know you.

My encounters with students from a variety of backgrounds have been good overall. As a Christian, I found it comforting to discover Christian organizations and functions on-campus that were easily accessible and welcoming. Though it's obvious that there are those on campus who aren't interested in Christianity, they don't go out of their way to stop Christian activity. Likewise, Christian groups don't force their beliefs upon those who don't want them, nor do they go out of their way to stop secular oragnizations and/or functions. In that area of campus life, things are peaceful. I've also enjoyed my time in AAC (Art as an Agent for Change) - a student organization which uses the arts to promote awareness of and action against the plight of the oppressed and other issues which create trouble for our world. GCSU's student population is a diverse and intelligent one, and positive influences are not hard to find.

My classmates are extremely bright and well-rounded in their personality, giving them each their own individuality that contributes the class as a whole.

My classmates are very diverse, and they bring individuality into the classroom.

My classmates become more driven when they move into their major class requirements.

Tim

They are all extremely supportive and enthusiastic, we love to have fun and learn

Willing to work with each other.

matt

mostly helpful and smart.

Some classmates are great and and some are horrible. Most people drink a lot and do drugs.

Most of them don't care but some are really involved.

Upbeat, good attitude, ready to learn and try hard

Classmates are friendly and hardworking.

My classmates are very friendly and helpful.