Georgia College and State University Top Questions

Laura

Greek Life Latino Student Association Black Student Alliance SGA Spanish Club

Rachael

Being Greek is pretty important and if you're not Greek, you're probably involved in a big Christian scene. The Baptist Christian Ministry is pretty big on campus and SGA is also something that is promoted alot. I currently just joined two new honor societies that I was invited into. If you want to be in a club, it's easy.

Lisa

Sororities and fraternities are very popular on campus and I would say a fairly high percentage of people are in one. This doesn't mean you have to be in one though. There are always various theater and music performances going on as well as any club you could think of to suit your interest. If you live in campus housing, they have programs and events once a month that are free to participate in. At the beginning of the year, I got a free goldfish from one of these (and he's still alive). People do party a lot at this school. The downtown scene on Thursday night is a big deal and come midnight, downtown is flooded with people. However, just because you don't drink doesn't mean you can't have fun. Barberito's is open late on Thursday and if your craving midnight burritos, it's the place to be. We have a movie theater, bowling, and if you just want a laugh, Tuesday nights are karoke at one of the bars downtown (no drinking required). Sometimes the school shows popular movies that have just come out for free and the Den is a good place to go to relax, get something to drink, and play some ping pong or pool. I've met most of my friends through housing (people that I roomed with or stayed on the same hall with) and sometimes instead of drinking, we just like to watch a movie or play video games. Late on weeknights, you can usually find us playing some intense rounds of Mario Kart or studying up for an exam.

Kayla

Almost all of the students here go Greek. Everybody that I talks to who is affiliated with one loves it and enjoys every minute of it. Although I am not in one because I could not afford to pay the extra each semester I have friends in a lot of different sororities and it seems like you would meet tons of people and have a lot of fun while in one. I met my closet friend through random roommate my freshman year as well as some of my closet friends through basketball games and classes that are for my major. Inter mural sports are really big here and anyone can join. Since we do not have a football team are basketball team is who we all go and cheer on. We have a great team and our games are always filled with different activities and games that you can play to win prizes or money. While yes people do go downtown and drink a lot there you can go downtown on a Thursday night which is the night a lot of people go downtown on and not drink and still have plenty of fun. Another thing is our skating ring that people always go to. There are plenty of things to do and to keep you occupied that do not involve drinking!