Lawrenceville, GA
Georgia Gwinnett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Gwinnett College

Whitney

Georgia Gwinnett is known for its rapid growth and that is about it.

Georgia Gwinnett is known for its rapid growth and that is about it.

If I could go back and give my younger self advice about college I would tell myself to think. The past two years that I have been in college have in my mind, been too laid back and relaxed. Unfortunately, when I enrolled at Georgia Gwinnett College I did not take the whole college experience seriously because it was a new school and I was convince that the grades I earned and the decisions I made would not really decide my future. So if I could go back I would stress to my younger self that I should always use my head and not simply go with the flow.

The worst thing abotu GGC is the lack of social events. It has become known as a "fly through" school which means people come to this university with the intention of transferring in one year or two years. And the fact that the school has only been open for five years means that they do not have any Greek Life or Homecoming celebrations, or athletics. That is why the school lacks attractiveness to many that go there or look into going there.

Joshua

So far, my experience at college has provided me with a lot of freedom that was not available in high school. One of the first pieces of information that was shared to the students of GGC was the fact that college degreees earn more money in most cases. Based on this information, I felt more encouraged to go to school to reap the benefits of money and learn more about the goals that I want to pursue later in life. School has been very valuable to me because it has helped me see the depth of some of the things that I want to do with my future. My goal is to be an mechanical engineer. Any engineer knows that the world is changing everyday. As engineers get older, their methods of doing things get older as well. In order for advancements to occur in the world, there needs to be new ideas presented. College is giving me basis that I need to solve problems and get to a higher and fresher level of thinking.

Georgia Gwinnett College is a great place for students that are just starting their college degrees. As far as graduating, Georgia Gwinnett College is a fairly new college to get a degree in anything. Because of the fact that it's so new, I wouldnt recommend graduating from there. However, I would definitely recommend GGC as great transfer ollege especially fr engineering as class sizes are very small in comparison to bigger more prestigeous univerisities.

I brag about the class size of courses that students take at GGC. The majority of students from various bigger colleges often complain their freshmen year is the toughest for them due to the transition to bigger classes and less help from the teacher. GGC tries to make the transition from high school to college alot easier on students. I appreciate this advantage because my GPA doesn't take as much of a hit as most other students that start at bigger colleges and universities.

Amira

Having a Grizzly mascot,getting four-year accreditation,getting their first housing beginning the 2010/2011 school year.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the feeling of freedom and great responsibility. I have been able to use the study habits that I had obtained in high school to help me accomplish goals that I have set for myself in college. It has been valuable to attend Georgia Gwinnett College, because of the extraordinary education that I receive here from the many dedicated teachers and the many opportunities that will be available to me once I have completed college.

How the class schedules were going to operate and when if the dining hall would be open on holidays.

Davian

I have learned that you have to do everything by yourself nothing is giving to you like in high school I had to learn that the hard way, but its good for me.

The Dorms because they are very nice but the school is very strict which is why i will be transferring in the spring.

Sia

i have no college experience because i haven't attended college yet but i hope college will be fun and hard work.

Endricka

My school is one that takes learning to the next level. Georgia Gwinnett focuses on the demands of new technology and communication and uses that to the students advantage. With the help of technology, faculty and other students, Georgia Gwinnett helps make the transition from high school to college easier and enjoyable.

Even though I will be going to college this fall, I really feel that I will have a positive college experience. I feel that I have found the perfect fit for my school. It has everything I need and more to help further my education and help me begin my career soon after.

What I wish I had known before I came to this school was how big it was. For a local four year school, it is large - and getting larger considering the construction. What also surprised me about the school was how easy it was to get around the campus despite its size. In addition to, it is beautiful and well kept.

Kamar

My college experience has been a truly amazing one. I started attending college in the Fall of 2008. I was 15 years old at the time. I was enrolled in the Dual-Credit Program. The Dual-Credit Program is a program in which a high school student gets to enroll in college classes and gets credit towards both high school and college. On May of 2010, I graduated high school and in the Summer of 2010 I will have an Associate's Degree in Science. Attending college as a high school student has really helped me mature and grow more as a person. Attending college also made me more responsible. I think that attending college is valuable because it is really just the beginning of a very long road that ends with sucess. Sucess is my goal and if college helps me get closer to that goal then it is valuable. I have also noticed that college has made me more social and being social is definitely important in this society.

Kaelin

Classes are very small! There are less than 30 students in each class, and the professors are very dedicated to your success. They have an open-door policy, so you can meet with them any time they are in their office. Everyone is very friendly, and there are a lot of opportunities to have fun on campus. Events happen every week, and there are many clubs you can join. Some professors even give extra credit if you attend certain events.

I know that a college education is important for success. I am working towards a career in engineering, and the education I am receiving in college is helping me reach my goal. I have learned how to be independent in college and to be responsible when it comes to homework, studying, and group projects. This has helped prepare me for the business world. Once I graduate from college, the skills I have learned and the achievements I have earned will make me a more desirable candidate for jobs. I have also had the wonderful experience of being a part of a campus club. I have gained more organizational skills through this experience, and I have made many great friends. I have learned how to work well with others towards a main goal, and my communication skills have prospered as well. These skills will help me one day as I step into a workplace and work alongside my coworkers. Attending college has been a great experience, and is constantly preparing me for the rest of my life.

Anyone should attend this school. The tuition is very inexpensive, so getting funding for college is easy.

Pheak

Well I actually learn new stuff everyday and I have always love learning new stuff, it keeps your mind working. I learned that everyone has a lot to learn, even if they think that its too late to go back to school. Everyone has the oppurtunity to learn. Presonally I love to learn new stuff everyday that's what keeps me going in college. Even if someone thinks that they know everything there's still new and exciting things to be discovered, it will surprise us everyday. I took the first step and it's not going to end becuse there will be many steps that will take me where I want to be and that first step was going to college. I experience something different everyday and I love to experience new things every single day that's what makes it fun. A new day means new discoveries and that's the most valuable thing I experienced and learned in college. I'm glad that I decided to attend college.

Matthew

I am starting in the winter semester. I graduated from high school in 1996. I have 4 children and a morgage and in todays society, to have only a high school diploma is not enough. It no longer matters what your skills and experience is without a degree or certifications you can't even get an opportunity to prove your self and your abilities. This will offer me opportunities to get employment where in a workforce to many people lie about their abilities, and every company rightfully now questions what a person says he or she can do. If any high school kids or others get the opportunity to read this I spent the last 10 years making decent money and i am very good at what I do and many companies have said I am an asset. Now with the changes in the economy without certifications you can't find decent employment. Im writing this to get help so that I can better my future for myself and my family!

Georgia Gwinnett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.