Lawrenceville, GA
Georgia Gwinnett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Gwinnett College

Amira

Having a Grizzly mascot,getting four-year accreditation,getting their first housing beginning the 2010/2011 school year.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the feeling of freedom and great responsibility. I have been able to use the study habits that I had obtained in high school to help me accomplish goals that I have set for myself in college. It has been valuable to attend Georgia Gwinnett College, because of the extraordinary education that I receive here from the many dedicated teachers and the many opportunities that will be available to me once I have completed college.

How the class schedules were going to operate and when if the dining hall would be open on holidays.

Davian

I have learned that you have to do everything by yourself nothing is giving to you like in high school I had to learn that the hard way, but its good for me.

The Dorms because they are very nice but the school is very strict which is why i will be transferring in the spring.

Sia

i have no college experience because i haven't attended college yet but i hope college will be fun and hard work.

Endricka

My school is one that takes learning to the next level. Georgia Gwinnett focuses on the demands of new technology and communication and uses that to the students advantage. With the help of technology, faculty and other students, Georgia Gwinnett helps make the transition from high school to college easier and enjoyable.

Even though I will be going to college this fall, I really feel that I will have a positive college experience. I feel that I have found the perfect fit for my school. It has everything I need and more to help further my education and help me begin my career soon after.

What I wish I had known before I came to this school was how big it was. For a local four year school, it is large - and getting larger considering the construction. What also surprised me about the school was how easy it was to get around the campus despite its size. In addition to, it is beautiful and well kept.

Kamar

My college experience has been a truly amazing one. I started attending college in the Fall of 2008. I was 15 years old at the time. I was enrolled in the Dual-Credit Program. The Dual-Credit Program is a program in which a high school student gets to enroll in college classes and gets credit towards both high school and college. On May of 2010, I graduated high school and in the Summer of 2010 I will have an Associate's Degree in Science. Attending college as a high school student has really helped me mature and grow more as a person. Attending college also made me more responsible. I think that attending college is valuable because it is really just the beginning of a very long road that ends with sucess. Sucess is my goal and if college helps me get closer to that goal then it is valuable. I have also noticed that college has made me more social and being social is definitely important in this society.

Kaelin

Classes are very small! There are less than 30 students in each class, and the professors are very dedicated to your success. They have an open-door policy, so you can meet with them any time they are in their office. Everyone is very friendly, and there are a lot of opportunities to have fun on campus. Events happen every week, and there are many clubs you can join. Some professors even give extra credit if you attend certain events.

I know that a college education is important for success. I am working towards a career in engineering, and the education I am receiving in college is helping me reach my goal. I have learned how to be independent in college and to be responsible when it comes to homework, studying, and group projects. This has helped prepare me for the business world. Once I graduate from college, the skills I have learned and the achievements I have earned will make me a more desirable candidate for jobs. I have also had the wonderful experience of being a part of a campus club. I have gained more organizational skills through this experience, and I have made many great friends. I have learned how to work well with others towards a main goal, and my communication skills have prospered as well. These skills will help me one day as I step into a workplace and work alongside my coworkers. Attending college has been a great experience, and is constantly preparing me for the rest of my life.

Anyone should attend this school. The tuition is very inexpensive, so getting funding for college is easy.

Pheak

Well I actually learn new stuff everyday and I have always love learning new stuff, it keeps your mind working. I learned that everyone has a lot to learn, even if they think that its too late to go back to school. Everyone has the oppurtunity to learn. Presonally I love to learn new stuff everyday that's what keeps me going in college. Even if someone thinks that they know everything there's still new and exciting things to be discovered, it will surprise us everyday. I took the first step and it's not going to end becuse there will be many steps that will take me where I want to be and that first step was going to college. I experience something different everyday and I love to experience new things every single day that's what makes it fun. A new day means new discoveries and that's the most valuable thing I experienced and learned in college. I'm glad that I decided to attend college.

Matthew

I am starting in the winter semester. I graduated from high school in 1996. I have 4 children and a morgage and in todays society, to have only a high school diploma is not enough. It no longer matters what your skills and experience is without a degree or certifications you can't even get an opportunity to prove your self and your abilities. This will offer me opportunities to get employment where in a workforce to many people lie about their abilities, and every company rightfully now questions what a person says he or she can do. If any high school kids or others get the opportunity to read this I spent the last 10 years making decent money and i am very good at what I do and many companies have said I am an asset. Now with the changes in the economy without certifications you can't find decent employment. Im writing this to get help so that I can better my future for myself and my family!

Yvette

Georgia Gwinnett is a new four year institution located in Gwinnett County. The unique thing about GGC is that every student is given their professors cell phone number so that they may contact them when they are having a problem. The other unique thing about GGC is that we are also given the Vice Presidents cell phone number. Classrooms are capped at a 24 student limit. The telepones are always answered by a live person in financial aid. This is very important when you are trying to ensure that you can start school on time.

Going back to college has been the best decision I have ever made. When I graduated high school, I had no real appreciation for college. I graduated from high school in 1985, married in 1989, and divorced in 2003. Finding myself divorced with five children, and an ex-husband in prison for seven years was no joke, this was a serious wake up call for me. Not only would I need to find a way to support my children, but, I wanted to do it without having to compromising our standard of living. I knew that in order to do this, I would need to earn my college degree. I also knew that if I wanted my children to understand the importance of completing college then what better way then for them to watch me earn mine. While I have been in college, I have immersed myself into not only my studies but I have joined clubs, honor societies, and have leant my voice to others about the importance of completing college. My college experience has not only increased my self esteem, but in the process of feeling better, it has allowed me to help others feel better about themselves.

As I stated previously that the insturctors are availble not an assistant. That there is a personal connection with each office you deal with on campus. No one makes you feel like you are there for them but that they are there to serve us. I have yet to run across any staff member that has not been knowledgeable about his/her department and has taken the time to ensure that all my questions and concerns have been addressed.

It is called the campus of tomorrow because in every classroom there is technology smart boards for teachers to present their slide and teach in a different and more advanced way.

My college experience has been different than anyone who is attending a University. I still live at home with my parents, but I enjoy spending time with them. I think if I were attending UGA then things would be different in the way I would live. I would be staying in a dorm room without my parents. Also, right now at Georgia Gwinnett College there are not as many students enrolled. My proffesors have helped me tramendously in my studies and have also gotten me to think in different ways. It has been valuable to attend because not only are the students friendly, but so are the proffesors. They are there to help in any way possible. Proffesors care about their students in whether or not they pass their class. In conculsion, at Georgia Gwinnett College everyone looks after one another.

The parking lot is too small for the amount of people going to it, and it is too far away from the actually buildings.

Georgia Gwinnett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.