Lawrenceville, GA
Georgia Gwinnett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Gwinnett College

Noelette

College has allowed me to have a lot of opportunities and experiences I wouldn't have otherwise had. I have also made a lot of new friends and networking connections. I would never be able to reach my personal goals and aspirations without a college degree.

I wish I had known that they never intended to offer online classes.

There are a lot of institutional fees that seem to go to things that don't apply to all students. For instance, you pay a parking fee whether or not you drive to school. Also, a lot of the fees sound like they're for identical things -- student activities fee, student recreation fee, etc.

My classmates are well-known because the classes are small and the professors promote close relationships with our classmates...

The main advice I would give myself, truly, is to learn better sleeping habits. I have gotten into the habit of staying up late then waking up early. This causes poor focus in class and sub-par participation behavior. I would also warn myself about the dangers of procrastination. And my final piece of advice would be to tell myself not to overreact about college. Yes, it is difficult, but not impossible!

The worst thing is the distance from my house. In general, my school has great programs, and is still in the process of developing more programs, so there is not much that is bad.

Nick

Georgia Gwinnett College has some of the best teachers who are dedicated to their students education and has the latest technology and resources a college student can ever ask for.

I would tell myself that college work and exams are not the same as high school. You cant put work and study for exams last minute otherwise you are not going to get the grade you want. Also you have alot more freedom when you are in college, so dont ask to use the restroom because you will look silly. Having so much freedom may be a bad thing to because you are not required to attend class as much and some students abuse this priveledge and sufffer academically. So attend each and every class and take good notes. Also I would tell myself to take advantage of the study and tutoring programs alot of colleges have to offer to help with my grade. Finally, just to get involved with some events that colleges have and interact with new things and people.

This school is not for slackers or someone who is not ready to work. Georgia Gwinnett College is dedicated to their students and making sure their students become successful. People who are rude or trouble makers will not fit in neither because this school is full of kind and respectful individuals.

William

They are engaging individuals that have great aspirations and goals.

They are engaging individuals that have great aspirations and goals.

There are going to be times when you think that the world is caving in on you, but you have to learn how to overcome the adversity facing you. You need to develop the study habits you never had because you will nedd those and then some in order to become a successful college student. Teachers are also not going to cut you any breaks if you dcide not to complete assigned tasks on the syllubus. The other students will become more willing to assist you because it will beneft them as well. Just keepp your head up and remain postitive and all will be fine.

How to be more organized and efficient with the free time that I had. I wish I had better study habits before now. I also wish that there were actually individuals that were in the same postion that I am in and making the same mistakes that I am making now.

Doing joint enrollment is the decision that you should make. It will allow you to slowly assimilate to the workload instead of just jumping right into college. Make sure that you get a job, because college isn't cheap at all. You can get a job anywhere you want with all the volunteer hours you have acculmulated over the years. Keep working hard and doing your best. Don't procrastinate because it will come back around and you won't like it. Enjoy your senior year because it's the only one you will get.

Don't freak yourself out over little things. You will find time to study if you want to and if you are willing to work, your grades will reflect it. Just relax, take a deep breath and everything will be fine. If you have a problem, ask your professor; they know more than the other students.

The campus isn't tobacco free. Almost everyone who is sitting outside is smoking and it creates a foul-smelling cloud that seems to hover and linger for forever. I don't smoke and I hate the smell. The students don't usually try to cover it up and it stinks and is really annoying.

Christy

great, funny and the kinda of people that I get along with

great, funny and the kinda of people that I get along with

Always do what you want to do right then and their. Never wait for the right time, because in all actuallity ther is no correct time to do anything you just have to do it or it will never get done.

Anyone who want to further their educations should apply

Emina

College life is a great learning experience, but before entering lets go back to high school where it all begins. High school can be fun but then again we always have teachers telling us that college is way different. In college one doesn't have to worry about attending classes if they don't want to., but not attending class will very much reflect on your grade. I would let fellow seniors know that working hard in high school pays off in college. Having good grades will help one get financial aid such as Hope Scholarship. When teachers make assignments due on certain time, its because in college assignments are always due on time, teachers don't let students know that there is an assignment due. Students have to keep up with the assignments and tests. In highschool start to accept different cultures, because every college has variety of different cultures and religions and one has to learn to accept them. This will make your college experience easier and one will be able to make many friends.

Someone who likes small classrooms, teacher involvement, one on one help, low tuition cost

Small and effective classroom sizes despite the large amount of students enrolled at the university.

Stay on top of your game because if you blink for a minute the courses will pass you by causing your grades to slip and your mind to wander. Your education is more important than your popularity and the amount of nights you stay up late talking to friends. Your professors are there to help you, pay attention to them, if not for the information for the respect that you owe them!

Its frustrating that the school is in the early stages of development which leaves some students wondering when the contruction will cease to interfere with transportation and such.

Chemierra

GGC is a newly opened public 4 year college.

GGC is a newly opened public 4 year college.

My classmates are focused students.

I would go on more colleges' campus tours in order to get a better view of what I want out of college life. I would have stay overnight on campus and asked questions about their hired graduates and internships. I would also inquire about independent study and what extra activities are offered on campus (clubs, organizations, ect). Also when living on campus, pack lighter !!!!

Georgia Gwinnett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.