Lawrenceville, GA
Georgia Gwinnett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Gwinnett College

Timothy

This school is very underrated from schools a lot of my friends go to. This school may not be as big as other colleges and universities, however, the teachers come from colleges around the world, people are very respectful, and the tuition is very acceptable.

Very respectful and a lot of good looking folks

There are many academics here in GGC, the school of tomorrow. School counselors are very helpful and can help students find their class and majors.

Ramona

What I love about Georgia Gwinnett College is the class size. I have never been to a class with more than 30 students and most teacher really take time to invest in each student. Every student also has a mentor for any questions. We have about 11,000 students at GGC and this is a perfect size in my opinion. A big problem for me are the gravel parking lots. I do not understand how I have to pay $ 100 a semester to park on these lots with giant potholes and where rocks jump up against my car. Instead of finally paving these parking lots they just make more gravel parking lots.

I have noticed that many students lived in Gwinnett county most of their lives and already have their group of friends through high school, sports, and church. In addition to that, GGC is a very new school, so it does not have too much student living or organized groups to offer, but sporting events like soccer get more popular.

Students at GGC are unfortunately not very competitive and take school for granted. Professors really have to get creative (or grade in-class participation) to get students to actually do work while in class. I did notice though that in certain majors like Nursing, due to the competitive GPA, students are more motivated and want to learn.

Casey

I would tell myself to breathe. College is not as scary as it seems. The most important thing is to meet with all your professors as soon as you need help. All of them want to help you, and will go out of thier way to do so - even after you leave their class. Years from now you will run into them on campus and they will give you a hug and ask how everything is going. Join the honor's program right away. Do not make Dr. Wunder call you! It is not added work and stress to your freshman year, but rather added support, opportunities, and fun. Keep and open mind and take chances. Attend every event you can, talk to everyone you meet, and lead when you are able. With every opporutity you learn and become more confident. Never let an opportunity pass because you are afraid to take it. Above all have fun. Do not let anything or anyone weight you down. Find the bright side of every situation. The more fun you have the more you will put into the experience. Give college your all and you will get amazing things out of it.

The honor's program and GGC is fantastic. It has been an enormous help for me in all aspecs of college life. Through the honor's program I have obtained a solid support group of friends, mentors in all of my professors, and great opportunities ranging from volunteering to meeting political leaders and other important people.

The most frustrating thing is registering for classes. Making a scedule that works with work and fits in all the classes I need takes a lot of time and planning. The registration time itself is difficult as well, though this has been made better over the last semester. Before, banner would become overloaded with all the students rushing to sign up for the classes that fit their schedules. Now, however, students are given a set time and date to register. This is set based on class and credit hours obtained. I was able to registar very easily this semester.

A big lesson was learned once I entered college. Not only I learned how to live on my own, but I also learned that what you do in high school, your senior year, reflects on your first year as a college studet. Knowing what I know now about college life and making this big transition, if I could look go back in time to give myself advice to my senior self, I would tell myself to work harder to be eligble for HOPE. My main focus of senior year of was to have fun, but now I realize if getting my work done was my priority I would be having more scholarships and I wouldnt have stressed about how to pay for scholarships. Another thing I would tell myself is to be better prepared for college. If I was better prepared, I wouldn't be as non-focus as I am.

Dominique

I would tell myself to adapt a study habit. I never had to study for tests in high school because I just remembered what I needed to remember. Now I'm kicking myself because I'm lacking in those skills when I need them most. So I would tell myself to study even when I didn't need to.

The best thing that I like about the school is a tie between the educators and the food.

Aida

One morning you will wake up in a psychiatric hospital. Your family is 1000 miles away but they have no clue you are here. You are a legal adult of 18 who is able to make important decisions about the rest of your life with the signing of a document. And you will not tell them for days because they are helping you pay for the $38000 tuition and how dare you? It has not even been two months but an F and an essay due tomorrow have shattered you. How dare you break those straight As? How dare depression shackle you to your bed for months afterwards? You will panic at going to a new school, at the thought of history repeating. It takes time. You will sit resentfully at the state of your life, but then start to participate. Engaging and studying is not so bad. And soon you will have two part time jobs and look for internships and learn more than you ever have, closer to your degree everyday. And you will cry while writing this because it is not college life that brought ambition back. It’s because college is a line on your resume.

Parking. They do not nearly have enough parking spaces for the number of students enrolled. The parking is simply atrocious for a college where most of the student body commutes and where everyone, commuting or not, is required to pay a parking fee. They built a new building on top of one of the most accessible and central parking lots on the whole campus and have yet to make any replacement parking. All other lots are either full or very far away from campus buildings.

People who love student involvement. Student clubs are few and far between and only meet about once a month. Most students are commuters, and so while the campus is relatively busy and the parking packed during the day, it is a complete ghost town at night except for night classes. It is not a very cohesive community by any means. Student hangouts are better left for off campus.

My classmates are from all walks and nationalities of life.

My classmates are from all walks and nationalities of life.

Dear senior, Here’s what you need to know: don’t stress when life overwhelms you. Life is going to be tough for a few years and you will absolutely mess up. That’s okay. You’re not going to succeed easy. Just stay focused on what you want to do. Don’t let others interrupt your dream. You’ll do fine. Don’t let family drama and chaos force you out of your dreams. Stay on the English path. It’s where you need to be. Double major in history. You’re going to need it. Along with learning German for when you meet the love of your life. Choose a better school. Strife high. Don’t worry about SAT scores. In the end? They’re not nearly as important as you being okay. You’re smart. Don’t let anyone tell you different. You’ll be fine. Love,Your Future Self.

The most frustrating thing is the financial aid and lack of payout in order to coddle the incoming freshmen, even though the school is primarily nontraditional students.

Maranda

This school is best known for being the newest four year college in Georgia. It is also known as the future college. It has only been around for about seven years, yet it has really grown. Even at the moment the college is still expanding to better serve the students. This college is new and I know it will only progress as the college grows.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self; I would say to be prepared. What I mean by being prepared is knowing what I want to major in college. Knowing what major I want to be in helps to stay on track and not take extra classes that aren't useful in other majors. I would also like to tell myself to be ready for the transition of scheduling classes. Being a freshman all classes are picked over and we get the end of the barrell. So get ready to have early classes and late evening classes. All that really matters is being able to take the classes needed to get my education. All in all I must say you did everything right in highschool and it should be a smooth transition for me next semester. Good luck.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Georgia Gwinnett College is someone that does not want to succeed. GGC is the kind of school that allows students to have a different kind of college experience. The college has a dynamic ensuring the professors and students have a good relationship. Classes are small and they want for the students to have a good understanding of their classes. GGC also offers a lot of tutoring and mentoring is also good to keep your grades up. Overall you have to not want to succeed to fail at Georgia Gwinnett College.

Georgia Gwinnett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.