Lawrenceville, GA
Georgia Gwinnett College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Gwinnett College

Justin

I would tell myself to save all that money I was making instead of spending it on pointless things. I didn't realise how much everything would cost me once I was out of my parent's house. I'd also tell myself to just check the dang oil in the car, it would have saved me a 2800 dollar lesson. I'd tell him to pick up guitar, it's way easier than you think it is, just put effort into learning it. The last thing I'd tell myself would be to actually get decent grades and get that last tenth of a grade to acquire the hope scholarship.

nelson

the school is very different you dont have one majority of people of the same class in one place everyone is different and it shows how everypne can get along.

i would tell my self to be more open and get started on college planing earlier so it wouldnt hurt you in the long run, think about what you really want to do and set that goal, and become a better person.

its a every small school so you dont have to travel far for your classes. its very open and there are building more building and fileds so it becomes the college experince. its a great place to be no one treates you wrong.

Betsy

Undergraduate course work is like high school work on steroids; the same outlined material, but more in depth and at a faster pace. In high school teachers warned us about the double workload of college classes. The advice I would give to myself would be to establish a successful study habit and to learn the material not simply memorize it. You are about to encounter new responsibilities, therefore, learn to prioritize. Your work and social life will become more interesting; in order for you to not fall behind, it is crucial that you learn your best study habits. College professors will present the information once, and hold you accountable for learning the material. Constantly review the material so that you do not cram the night before the exam. You build on your prior knowledge. If you simply memorize the material for the test you will forget it and spend time later relearning the same bits and pieces. On the contrary if you learn and understand the objectives, you can connect different problems and have a more analytical insight. My advice to you is do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

I wish I would have known I wanted to become a nurse.

Rebecca

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. Knowing what I know now about college,life and making the transition there is qute a lot of advice I would give myself. The advice I would give myself as a Senior in high school would be to prepare for more responsibility. College life is not at all like high school. Working a part time job and going to school full-time is a lot of work. However, it is completely worth it because of the future I am building. As a senior, I did not fully comprehend responsibility. If I could go back, I would do everything possible to prepare myself for that responsibility. There may be more freedom in college, but with freedom comes responsibility.

The best thing about my school is the class sizes. It is important to be in a classroom where the teacher recognizes you and every student participates in discussions. In a fifty student classroom it is not possible to allow each student to participate. However, at Georgia Gwinnett College the classroom size is what I would consider the best thing at my school.

I really am unsure of what I would consider the worst thing about my school. The class sizes are average and the professors do a successful job at maintaining class discussions. These are two of the most important things pertaining to college. Therefore, I cannot consider something about my school the worst.

Ever

All my classmates are friendly and easy going; they're willing to work together and help out eachother when In need.

My school is known best for their small classrooms and the focus on what the goal of the school is. The school's goal is to make sure everyone can excel and do the best they possibly can.

I would tell myself that college flies by fast and is a great experience. In order to enjoy the most out of it, I'd have to go out and explore the world. College requires great worth ethnic, but at the end the pay out is worth the hard work. College life is a totally new unexpected experience. There are many that would appreciate the opportunity to continuing their eduacation, so one has to be greatful that they will recieve that opportunity.

Wynter

Hey Wynter, I know college seems like an impossible feat because of our insufficient financial funds, but don't let that hold you back. There are so many opportunities for us to grasp, we just need to venture out and find them. I wish I could've told you to study more, shoot for the highest grades you can and don't settle for anything less than excellent. People don't care about what you know until you show them how much you care and reveal your desire to learn. College is a stressful environment. The work load is more than we've ever had, but with perseverance and determination, I have utter faith in you to carry us both to new heights. Where limitation is only a word and exhaustion is a thing of the past. Never give up Wynter, no matter how hard the path we walk upon will seem or the obstacles of life that test us. I know you will do great and be all you can dream to be.

Some of the students. They play around and don't take some of the classes seriously. It is a waste of my time and money to pay for classes that are being interrupted by class clowns.

People who are undetermined and procrastinate and don't take college seriously.

Challenging but fair classes for the price you pay.

Challenging but fair classes for the price you pay.

I would tell myself that it is worth working hard. You need to make the grades the get the awards. It makes paying for college so much easier. Also, the harder you work in high school, the more it will pay off in learning course material for college. It will improve your study skills and your motivation. And always, always ask questions when you need to.

the administration is really bad. if you have a question they give you the run around. Youll ask one person and so on until you get referred back to the first person you spoke with. They all say different things.

Sean

Since I didn't get into the school at the top of my list, I would tell my high-school self that it is alright to "settle for less". I would say that dwelling on what could have been takes up more energy than actually working with what you are given. Through my experience at my current college, I have found that it doesn't matter where you end up for college; all that matters is that you get to experience it and receive the education you are setting out for. As for the actual tranistion, I would tell my past self to make a lot of friends. Most of my friends went to different colleges all over the country, so reestablishing a strong social network will definitely prove useful throughout the education process. Since I knew I'd be living at home, I would also tell myself that I would need to expend a little more energy to make and secure social ties. Not living on campus can make you feel somewhat cast out. But this feeling can easily be remedied by making many friends. The way today's world seems to work, it's all who you know.

I wish I would have known more about college in general. GGC is a great campus, but the orientation left me a little lost. I wish I would have researched the ideas behind college as well as which college was best for me.

I brag about the campus bookstore, partly because I work there and am working during most of my free time. The people there are awesome and the work environment is great. The employees are helpful and fun to be around, as well. Basically, it's the one stop shop for all your student needs and wants.

Whitney

Georgia Gwinnett is known for its rapid growth and that is about it.

Georgia Gwinnett is known for its rapid growth and that is about it.

If I could go back and give my younger self advice about college I would tell myself to think. The past two years that I have been in college have in my mind, been too laid back and relaxed. Unfortunately, when I enrolled at Georgia Gwinnett College I did not take the whole college experience seriously because it was a new school and I was convince that the grades I earned and the decisions I made would not really decide my future. So if I could go back I would stress to my younger self that I should always use my head and not simply go with the flow.

The worst thing abotu GGC is the lack of social events. It has become known as a "fly through" school which means people come to this university with the intention of transferring in one year or two years. And the fact that the school has only been open for five years means that they do not have any Greek Life or Homecoming celebrations, or athletics. That is why the school lacks attractiveness to many that go there or look into going there.

Joshua

So far, my experience at college has provided me with a lot of freedom that was not available in high school. One of the first pieces of information that was shared to the students of GGC was the fact that college degreees earn more money in most cases. Based on this information, I felt more encouraged to go to school to reap the benefits of money and learn more about the goals that I want to pursue later in life. School has been very valuable to me because it has helped me see the depth of some of the things that I want to do with my future. My goal is to be an mechanical engineer. Any engineer knows that the world is changing everyday. As engineers get older, their methods of doing things get older as well. In order for advancements to occur in the world, there needs to be new ideas presented. College is giving me basis that I need to solve problems and get to a higher and fresher level of thinking.

Georgia Gwinnett College is a great place for students that are just starting their college degrees. As far as graduating, Georgia Gwinnett College is a fairly new college to get a degree in anything. Because of the fact that it's so new, I wouldnt recommend graduating from there. However, I would definitely recommend GGC as great transfer ollege especially fr engineering as class sizes are very small in comparison to bigger more prestigeous univerisities.

I brag about the class size of courses that students take at GGC. The majority of students from various bigger colleges often complain their freshmen year is the toughest for them due to the transition to bigger classes and less help from the teacher. GGC tries to make the transition from high school to college alot easier on students. I appreciate this advantage because my GPA doesn't take as much of a hit as most other students that start at bigger colleges and universities.

Georgia Gwinnett College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.