Georgia Gwinnett College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Georgia Gwinnett College

LAURIE

Conscientious is the word that comes to mind. The professors I come in contact with are all of a caring nature with a true desire to see the students suceed. Safety is another word with campus security always visable and with an office on campus. The courses are challenging and the college a good choice if you are wanting to prepare for graduate college.

Sundus

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!! VERY SAFE AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. Great cost of attendance! The tuition cost is by far the lowest of most surrounding colleges, and the campus is beautiful. The parking situation could be made much better, as it is often very difficult to find park, or there is no parking available. The variety of foods on campus could also be much better. The eCore online classes offered are definitely very limited, which is a big issue on a campus that is primarily made up of commuters. The classes offered on campus are also quite limited, especially considering the amount the amount has grown over the years, and the availability for upper level classes in most majors.

Isiah

My overall opinion of Georgia Gwinnett College is, it is a great school to attend. The teachers that are there are great and are very involved with the students. You do have those teachers that are not good but every school has those. It is a small campus so in-turn smaller classes. The only down side to this college is that these is no major sports team to watch.

Julie

My classes are no more than thirty people which makes the teacher-student connection stronger and makes the teacher have more time to attend to the students who don't understand. If you still don't understand something, they have a tutoring center where you can meet with a tutor, free of charge. This college wants to teach you things you need to know and they want to make sure that you know it. Very good college.

Leonora

Georgia Gwinnett College has me running for the hills. I am deeply saddened by my overall experience here, and am in the process of transferring out. The admissions office appears to be run by untrained people who are there for a meager paycheck. After utter incompetence from the admissions office, I do not trust them with any of my information; every paper seems to be lost or unaccessible from them. Each person I speak with gives different information than the last. When I recently brought this attention to the president of the school, he told me perhaps GGC is not the school for me. He's got that right; so I am taking his advice and high-tailing it out of there after the end of this semester. I mentioned to said president that I understood the school is a business, and that statement offended him because he claimed it is a college, when in fact American colleges today have become a for-profit business venture. He is just the CEO selling a product, and that product is cut rate education. In addition, GGC has recently been in the news for discriminating against a Christian student. Check out the Atlanta Journal Constitution. I pray that this does not continue. Other faiths seem to be allowed to do as they please on campus as far as preaching and living out their faith- which is awesome. I pray that the school begins to include Christians as well- 2016's most internationally discriminated religion. Ultimately, I hope that GGC can shift from a business mentality, and begin to focus on the students. But, I will no longer put up with the business I have unprofessionalism, and look forward to my last day at this institution.

Kisha

I believe Georgia Gwinnett College is a great school, however I do think that there is room for improvement. I believe that the students need to be encouraged and pushed a little bit more to reach their full potential.

Great school for the money! Professors want to see students achieve and always make themselves available. Class size is just right, rarely exceeding 30 people. Campus is beautiful and new. Student services are readily available, including an in house tutoring space.

Joyce

I love it because it’s very diverse. The students who attend are involved in the school and encourage other to come out. There’s always some type of event going on and I also love how there is a gym instructor teaching variety of classes which I attend.

Aleeyah

My overall opinion of Georgia Gwinnett College is that I like that the professors are always there when you need them and that the campus is very diverse with many races.One thing I don't like about Georgia Gwinnett College is that they don't have a lot of stuff you can major in.

Claire

I love GGC. The teachers are incredibly caring. The food is great. The only downside is the parking is absolutely horrible. During the fall and spring semesters, if you don't get to campus at 7 am and get a parking space, you'll end up in the 5000 lot behind the soccer fields. (Which is a half mile from the library/center of campus)

Maria

Georgia Gwinnett College is a very diverse school.

Molly

It is a great school especially if a person plans to transfer out after two years. There are plenty of clubs to join all very different from each other but eager to help out one another. The college has only been around for ten years but it is quickly growing into an amazing school. The tutoring center has A plus help. The dining hall is the bomb, but be careful not to catch the freshman fifteen. However do try to plan your classes close together. A building is pretty far away from B and C building, and F building is even farther. Anyway, if you're planning on going here you'll have a fantastic experience whether you stay two years, four years, or longer.

D'Onjre

This is my first year at G.G.C, and I have to say it doesn't feel much different from Highschool, FOR ME. I enjoy the class sizes I'm involved in, and the teachers are actually real interesting. Sure, there's a few downsides, such as the teaching styles, but it's something you can learn to adapt to. One of my major likes, is that there are teachers who can get you interested in topics you never really knew you'd enjoy, such as American Politics. And though there's a lack of Majors, it's a growing school, so there's always hope for adding.

Claudi

Georgia Gwinnett College is a great college with cheaper tuition. From experience, the professors seem genuinely interested in the students and are readily available. The school itself has good facilities and resources. Unfortunately, GGC has very limited majors. If they don't have your major, you'll end up having to transfer out. Hopefully in the future they'll have more majors to choose from. However, it's still a pretty great college overall, especially considering it has only been open since 2006.

This is a great school for undergraduate students. The whole campus is designed for a student to succeed. Every professor is qualified and knows their content. The professors go out of their way to help students learn and make sure every student is on board with the material. The college is new and has a fresh vibe to it. I love this college. It is affordable and anyone can get a top-notch education here.

Sara

GGC is a great school. The class sizes are small and the professors genuinely care. They are always available by phone, text, or email, if not in person. There are no major sorts teams or Greek life, but that allows for a greater focus on academics rather than school culture.

Kamryn

It's okay I mean it could improve a little bit like maybe sometime down the line they get a football team or have a bigger campus to do more stuff on like more fast food places to eat at like Zaxbys or something along those lines. So yeah GGC is an okay school.

Jonathan

Georgia Gwinnett College is a amazing starter school. The campus is a quiet campus, but you're never really lonely because you are always surrounded by some type of student body. The student body can be either big or small, but you're still surrounded by it. The students usually keep to their-selves, and or the cliques, but on occasion they tend to speak to you regardless if you know them or not. The college has a welcoming vibe, and the mixture of many backgrounds make the campus for enjoying to be apart of. The only thing I may have to say that may be a downer is the fact that the school needs more restaurants to accommodate the large size of the student body. It needs to grow especially now that the population of the school has reached 13,000 students. In all though, this campus is very tolerable and enjoyable to those who want a quiet college life, yet interact with many types of people.

Brenda

The reason I love GGC is because the classes are the perfect size for learning and it never gets crowded. You walk alaround the campus and everything you need is around you. There's restaurants, a huge library, a gym, a great dining hall, a game room, a book store/convenient store all packed into one campus. There are constantly a variety of free and fun activities held on campus and off campus for students to enjoy. I love it here!

Leslie

When I first started going to Georgia Gwinnett College, I thought that I was not going to like the college. I was wrong! I totally love it. I love how encouraging the teachers are with the students. The class contains 18 to 23 students which allows you to be more involved in class. The dinning hall has yummy healthy options. There's always interesting activities going on around campus. The campus is really peaceful and quiet. My overall experience at Georgia Gwinnet College is not what I thought it was going to be, it's a whole lot better!

Alexis

This is an amazing college! I've attended a college before this one and I really wish that had gone to this one first! Teachers are very helpful. We have many food options on campus besides the cafeteria (Chic-Fil-as, Starbucks) etc which are great! I love this school

Lindsey

It's a growing school with a lot of potential to become a leading university in Georgia. GGC started as a small community college and is steadily growing year by year. Throughout the years of my attendance, I have been more than pleased with my college experience.

Trent

I liked the experience and how big and well-rounded everyone was. So when I went we saw the baseball field and it was amazing and very big including their indoor field and their locker room, which was fairly small but it was a nice size for their school size. Plus the dorms were amazing and actually very much like home which I loved because when I go to college I want to feel like I am home and feel the best. So when I went I loved every minute of my time there is which what I wanted.

Tiffany

Although this was not my first choice to attend Georgia Gwinnett College, I am enjoying my time here receiving my education. My professors and peers are helpful in times I ask questions and are willing to communicate outside of class. Also, I like the small class size because my professors are able to know the students as individuals rather than a number.

Taniyah

I am a sophomore at Georgia Gwinnett College, so far things are going great. My favorite thing about my college is that they offer an arts program for students like myself that are interested in theater, art and music. About two months ago I went to a play that my college payed for and it was great to go out and see some people I've seen before on campus there. I look forward to going to a soccer or a baseball game in the future. GGC has many different things do around campus and I appreciate it. In all Georgia Gwinnett College is a cool laid back place to be.

Arnela

There are professors who love to get to know you on a personal level which is great because they see you more than just a student. The campus is safe as far as I have seen (I have been here for 2 years). Numerous meeting in regards to campus safety. The keep upgrading and improving the landscaping which is a plus. Food is phenomenal.

There are some good professors. Most people are really social. The food is alright. They have Starbucks and Panda Express etc.. The recreational activities are really nice. The faculty care about the grades you have. They are usually available with a text or email.

Vanessa

Overall, the Georgia Gwinnett College campus is very diverse. Most college students will say that, but we have students here from all different countries with all sorts different religions. This is a little bubble of hope, almost like a little stepping stones for students to come here and better their education before they leap into the real world. There are so many stories here of students who have come with big dreams and are very determined and are able to make it big after graduating. That is what I mean when I say, GGC is diverse. We are all here with big dreams, and different stories and ambitions hoping to better our educations.

Angella

Its an average school. The class or professor you get is a hit or miss, you either get a good professor or not. Gerogia Gwinnett College feels like a high school environment almost but with more freedom. The faculty is good at helping but when it comes to locating the top dogs like who controls Student Accounts or Student parking lot not much information is given out. The school cares for the obvious like education and food but parking or other activities and events that we pay out of pocket that we don't know about isn't known at the school and it is always a hassle and there is rarely a vote to improve it.

leslie

Overall, this college is very affordable for students and the class size are small. Having a small class is honestly such a good thing because one, you get to know your professors and vice versa and second you may more attention and understand the lecture more.

Korey

When I first started going to Georgia Gwinnett College, I love how encouraging the teachers are with the students. The class sizes aren't that huge like you see on tvs which allows you to be more involved in class. The dinning hall has yummy healthy options. There's always interesting activities going on around campus and they keep you up to date with everything that's going on. The campus is really peaceful and quiet.

Keseree

Almost went there. Everything was perfect, except the financial aid package. Seriously, they don't help out a lot. If I would've had proper guidance, I would have went there. I hate how inaccessible Atlanta is if you don't have a car from the campus.

Harmony

Georgia Gwinnett College has a nice campus life, as well as accessible resources. They let students choose roommates, as well as a first come first served policy, which could be both a benefit and a downfall depending on the person. You are always going to meet new people and will probably make friends within your first year.

Vernon

My opinion about Georgia Gwinnett College is a real good environment and community you can make friends and join activities and clubs the professor at the college is always there when a student needs help with their homework or if they just need someone to talk overall Georgia Gwinnett College is a good college and I can see myself spending my next four years here go Grizzly!.

Jonathan

I love Georgia Gwinnett college and I could not wish for any other college at the moment. The college is a 10 minute drive form my house so it is easy to get there and the students on campus or so nice and friendly. The food options there are amazing and they have all you need and are open till late for you

Kena

Georgia Gwinnett College has a large campus with thousands of students enrolled each year. I overall opinion about this school is that I loved the orientation experience, It gave me that first glance at the school and I am really liking it. The staff is very nice and people seem to work together a lot. They like to support each other as much as possible because they care about our safety. No one is left behind, and if they feel like they are, we are here to give them guidance and support. I have learned that once I have visited orientation and I will surely implement things they do on campus which is being active in the school and staying on top of grades.

Anna

This is a great community based school with wonderful diversity. Professors get to know students and are very committed to teaching. I never had a professor who wasn't willing to help after class when needed. I had interesting, challenging classes here.

I'm so happy to be a student at this college! This college meets and exceeds all of my college needs. The campus is very nice. The professors are very dedicated. The recreation and wellness center offers group fitness, aquatics courses, and intramural sports. If you have a few hours between classes there is plenty to do on the campus, and plenty of very nice areas to study.

Tabitha

GGC is awesome! It's a smaller college, so in the beginning I was expecting something different. I thought maybe I wouldn't make as many friends, but everything is great and the professors are awesome!

Kimberly

I love how available my professors were whenever I needed them. When I needed help finding something, other students attending the school helped. The food is really good because there's different options. The Financial Aid Office was very patient at helping me fill out my paperwork and overall if you're looking to live on-campus, I don't know how it is, but if you're planning to live off-campus, it's very convenient that it was near where I already was living.

Azalie

Georgia Gwinnett College has a bad rep because it is a community college, however, it offers the same education as a larger university would. Something that I really love is how small the classes. It's an easier way to make friends and the professor is easier to be in contact with.

Shanice

My opinion about my experience here at GGC is that is a well organized college that really cares for the students' education. The campus is one of the best campuses that I've seen and the students there really showcase their admiration for the college. Many students are involved in the activities that are open and they seem to have an immense interest at what they're doing. The professors are exceedingly understanding with the students school work and concerned with how they are doing. They seem very honest on how they want their students to succeed as well. The college sets an open mind that they are willing to invite anyone who is willing, determined, motivated to make a better future for themselves, and they do so without prejudice or discrimination.

Amelia

Great school with great professors. The professors really want to see the students succeed. They go out of their way to make time for you. The class sizes are very small, about 20 to 25 students. The only downfall is that the financial aid office is very slow at processing financial aid.

Jasmine

A place where you can be yourself. A place where student are willing to learn and want to be successful. A place where tutoring is available. A place where its safe. A place where we are family. A place where the food is great. A place where attending is cost friendly. A place where they want us to suceed. A college that feels like home.

Shania

Georgia Gwinnett is a great college if you prefer small classes and cheap tuition. The typical class size is about 20 students; there are some larger classes, but not a lot. Although Georgia Gwinett is technically a community college, it is under the same regulations as the other nearby universities, which may be a plus for some.

Daquan

This is my first year here and so far, I have no complaints, all the students seem to be very chill here and the teachers seem to really want to help. Just the other day, I've seen a teacher literally host some sort of session where students would come to him needing help, and he would sit there talk to them, and try to help them. Again, I have no complaints with this school so far with the time I've been here and the only complaint I would have, and that's just me nick picking and trying to satisfy my needs is the fact, they don't have some sort of college basketball team that I can participate in, I've played basketball ever since I was a kid, and it would be fun to play at some collegiate level at this school.

Tynasia

I absolutely love Georgia Gwinnett College. I love that Georgia Gwinnett is very diverse, affordable, and the curriculum is great. Furthermore, I support Georgia Gwinnett's decision on having no more than twenty-eight students inside a classroom. Having a smaller classroom creates a more intimate feel amongst the teacher and the students, which is what most universities lack. Overall, Georgia Gwinnett is a wonderful college to attend.

Tierra

It's a great school overall. The best thing about it is the professors. They are very accessible and truly care about their students. Not all students are very engaged, so sometimes class discussion can be difficult, but college is what you make of it yourself. It's really great to have this college literally in my backyard.

Sierra

my overall opinion of Georgia Gwinnett College is that I really like it. I enjoy that I can talk to my teachers about anything at anytime because they are always available. The class sizes are not two big so you really get to know your teacher and classmates. the activities here is great their is always something going on here. We don't have the best sports teams but that doesn't matter because when we do have our games they are the most run that i have ever had. this is a great school and i believe everyone should come here.

Nehemiah

Amazing! I got accepted right away. It was really unexpected and I screamed and was filled with joy. The on Campus housing is amazing. There's a living room area, a kitchen, you have a refrigerator and your own room. It might not seem like that all great college but it really is! You will love it! It's great to be a Grizzly Bear!