Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Andrea

The best thing about Georgia Tech is the fact that it is in Atlanta. The college campus is big enough where you could get lost in the crowd but small enough to get to know a lot of people in your major. People's reaction when I say I go to Georgia Tech is always positive and usually say something like 'Oh you must be smart.' Most of my time I spend on campus is around the student center, at my job on campus, and at Barnes and Noble. It is definitely not a college town, it is a campus in the middle of the city, sometimes called a sort of 'bubble.' It feels disconnected to the rest of the city but at the same time close enough. I believe the administration on Georgia Tech's campus is positive. I see that Georgia Tech is always out to help the students and they try at all costs to make them happy. There is a lot of school pride on campus and the games are usually well attended. The unusual part of Georgia Tech is that there are a lot of different cultures on campus. You can get on a bus and hear three different languages on the way to math class. I will always remember Sting Break , which happens right before spring break, and is full of fun and an amazing concert featuring artists like T.I., Ludacris and Big Boi. The biggest student complaint is probably the amount of work that is left to the students and the stress that it causes especially around exams.

I am part of Hispanic as well as women organizations on campus. There are many organizations on campus that deal with every subject and every interest. Most students don't really care what they wear to class and you rarely find anyone dressed up or with make up on. Georgia Tech students are very interested in learning and not so much in their appearance. Different students tend to interact but in general they tend to find their own niches based on social or ethnic groups. Most Georgia Tech students are from middle to upper middle class families where education has been enforced and encouraged since very young. They tend to either be from Georgia or from the North East. Students are very politically aware on campus and there are various activities on Skiles Walkway that help show their politically activism. Students here are usually in the center. Students always talk about the fact that they will earn a lot of money coming out of college because they have en engineering degree from Georgia Tech.

Some people do stay in on weekends, but they chose to. Atlanta is a big city with lots of bars and restaurants. I see even the more quiet people go out.

Since I'm in the school of Liberal Arts, most of my professors know my name. I love my Marketing classes and I always feel a sense of encouragement from them academically. Georgia Tech is very unique in that I hear people talk about calculus and physics problems over lunch and hold very intellectual conversations all the time. The most unique class I have taken was called Environment Ecocritic which dealt with the issue of the way things in the environment are placed and how that effects our everyday life. My major, STAC, is one of the most unique majors and the most flexible. I study classes anything from Literature to media to philosophy. I know my counselor by name and most of my teachers. I spend time with my professors outside of class through research and through the different organizations in which they participate.The requirement at Georgia Tech are very strenuous, time consuming, and difficult. The education at Georgia Tech is highly geared toward getting a job and companies from major corporations on campus are here many times a month and hire Georgia Tech students over other universities because of the quality of the student.

I'm part of SGA and this is an important group on campus that helps decide what happens around campus. People in the freshman dorms usually are most social than in the apartments. Athletic events are quite popular on campus but theater is not. The dating scene here is different because of the 3 to 1 ratio of guys to girls. The guys usually have more trouble finding girls than girls do because of the ratio. My closest friends were actually met at Freshman orientation. If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday I'm usually studying for a test the next day or working on a project. People usually part on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fraternities usually are the places that underclassmen party until they turn 21 and can go more around Atlanta. Last weekend I went to Piedmont park and studied outside for a few hours and went out the movies. On a Saturday night there are many restaurants of all different types around Atlanta and there is Atlantic Station that is 5 min away that has shopping and movie theater that is a good hangout spot. On campus I would probably just hang out with friends and watch movies inside or just socialize.

That we are all nerdy with no social skills, stay in on weekends, and study all the time.

Ash

Georgia Tech is great. It welcomed me from the types of values I developed in high school. It also showed what alcoholism is like. You cannot being in Atlanta if you are going to a big town school in the south. We need a better football team and basketball team, but all of our other sports are amazing. #1 in tennis, golf, cross country, etc...

Very diverse - not black and white but international. Greek life is more homogeneous.

The girls are either extemely nice or are just plain bitches - no offense to anyone.

It is tough and we are all dorks from our high schools, but we party hard and get paid in the end.

You are a letter on a grade book but you learn a hell of a lot.

Greeks. People drink for fun - it's the weekend. People do math and write code for fun - it's not the weekend.

It's tough. Nothing but computer science people. All of those dorks from your high school.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.