Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Bryanna

Its a good school with a lot of opportunities available, but its really really hard. I mean you have to work to get those grades, but I'm sure there's a light at the end of this dark, depressing , soul crushing tunnel that is Georgia Tech. They will break down, so you can learn to build yourself back. Everything else in comparison will seem easier at least.

Allen
Nightmare school

Change your name to something anglo, all others are unwelcome to Georgia and Georgia employers.

Nightmare school

Jason
Hard, but Great!!!

Hard, but Great!!!

Georgia Tech is one of the hardest public universities in the whole United States. You will find some of the brightest and most studious students in the world here.

Alayna
More than I Expected

More than I Expected

The school turned out better than I thought! The rumors are true about the difficulty, but there's so many things in and off campus that can relieve the stress. I'm in the middle of Midtown Atlanta, so I never get bored unless I'm broke (It's a little expensive around here). The student organizations are very welcoming and helpful, and there's hundreds of clubs to choose from for every kind of interest. The dorms aren't that great, though. I was a little disappointed about how bland and small the rooms are, although I lived in a suite-style room which are bigger. The dining halls are hit or miss, especially Woodruff, but it's usually good food. Of course, Atlanta has many other options for dining. There's also free transportation around the campus and through parts of Atlanta, and I'm happy that there's a grocery shuttle that goes to Atlantic Station on the weekends. Overall, it's a great school with an intelligent but fun atmosphere.

Ga Tech Rocks

It's in Atlanta. It's techie. Nough said.

Ga Tech Rocks

It's in Atlanta. It's techie. Nough said.

Rebecca

My school is a great school, with awesome academics, athletics, and campus involvement, but wears down student moral with its huge demands.

I would tell myself to prepare for the workload. You need to study hard and go to class. Get involved and don't be afraid to branch out. Wait to see if you need books, before you buy them, and take advantage of professors' office hours.

I wish I would have known more about the stress level that most students face. I also wish I knew that the social scene was mostly Greek/alcohol focused.

Sam

From Antarctica to Tanzania, Everest to Oxford, Georgia Tech realizes that our passions will take us far and wide, so it gives us the opportunity to pursue them, in the form of study abroad, internships, research, or outdoor adventure.

Some people plan to change the world after they graduate, which is a fantastic goal, but time is of the essence—students at Georgia Tech, we are changing the world now.

Don’t come to college with the idea that you’ll float around and eventually make plans for your life. Enjoy your summer. Be prepared to hit the ground running. For four years, you will be going nonstop. Don’t expect it all to be fun. You’re driven, so it won’t be. You will be miserable at times, but the highs outweigh the lows. People who say college will be the best time of your life floundered around while they were here. College won’t be the best time for you. You will work hard and have a great time. Your life after college won’t steadily decline, but exponentially rise. Work hard so that no matter what point you are in life, you can say, “This is the best time!” Life is too great a gift to waste it longing for days gone by. I’d like to say that life will get easier after graduation, but it won’t. However, you’ll be making a difference and pursuing your passion. You know this is the only way to achieve true happiness. Don’t be afraid to make memories in college but never forget your ultimate goal.

Alex

Everyone continuously challenges themselves to learn more, even through the toughest classes. During shop hours, some people are better at certain tasks and they're all collaborative.

To attend Georgia Tech, you need to be intellectually curious and be able to appreciate understanding how things work. You will need to study and always remain focused on doing your best in every class.

Looking back on my years as a college undergraduate, I would tell myself to be prepared to enjoy some of the most memorable, challenging, and inspiring years that will shape your character for the years following. The people you meet and classes you take will be one of a kind. Be as immersive in you learning experience as much as possible. You will push youself past the boundaries of your current intellect and be intrigued with new passions. College is a time that you will find out more about yourself; your likes and dislikes may change. As long as you strive for the best, you'll land exactly where you want to be. Enjoy college, but be ready to take it all in and make the most of it.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.