Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Michelle

I love to tell my friends about the diversity displayed at Georgia Tech. Here, there really are no major division amongst groups; everyone seems to get along with each other no matter what background he or she came from. Also, I enjoy the food at the dining halls. There is food here for everyone to enjoy. Whether there is stir fry or cheeseburgers, everyone has a good amount of choices to choose from. Last but not least, the academic rigor here really helps me to push myself beyond my limits.

While the people here are nice, most are introverted; therefore, it is hard sometimes to carry on a conversation with those who are introverted. In addition, I wish that clubs of interest would promote their meetings/events better. While sending emails sort of helps, sometimes a visual cue around campus could jog my memory of when a meeting is better than searching throughout my email for the information.

To my High School Senior Self, Please get involved and stay committed to what you were doing! Not only will it help you with college/scholarship applications, but also will help you explore your true talents and interests while making new friends. Do not get discouraged and give up searching scholarships because all you see are need-based scholarships. Just keep pushing and I am sure you will find something to help you pay for this out-of-state tuition. Also, remember to love yourself for who you are and stop comparing yourself to others. Trust me, it is really hard to pick yourself back up after tearing yourself down with such comparisons. Please do not get overly excited if a boy talks to you. You are going to college to get an education, not to find a husband! When God is ready, he will send you the right person at the right time. Do not be afraid of getting out of your comfort zone every once in a while! You never know who you will make a connection with and discover what other talents you have. Love Always, Your Future College Freshman Self

Brandi

We are very much focused on engineering...even in non-engineering degrees it still has a presence.

Ralph Waldo Emerson describes my situation perfectly, “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be”. After graduating from Georgia Tech and commissioning into the USAF, I entered pilot training. I dreaded going into training because I did not have a passion for it like others had. My priority from AFROTC had been to be the best officer I could be and to serve my country, while everyone around me seemed to think that being a pilot was the most important aspect. I had dreamt of the opportunity to lead other airmen, and as a pilot the reality was that I would just be leading myself for quite some time. I came to the conclusion that I could not envision serving my country as a pilot. Though the decision to drop pilot training was risky and quite taboo, it was the best decision for me and my family. Ultimately, the lesson learned is not to get absorbed with what others think should be your highest priority, but what you know in your heart is right for you. We need to find balance in what others want from us and what we want for ourselves.

It is one of the leading schools in the nation.

Alexis

Although I have not started the school year, the future classmates I encountered during my orientation experience were kind, friendly, and inviting. Their contagious intelligence makes me even more excited to start a new academic year at Georgia Tech.

Geaorgia Tech is best known for its extensive prowess as a research based school, high return rate as an investment through its well known name and degrees awarded, and for producing many of the world's new scientists, engineers, and future leaders of the new world to come.

I would tell my senior self to take life one day at a time. As I looked forward to the next four years of my life at Georgia Tech, I gained a sense of excitement as well as a sense of impending doom. As the thoughts of four years of caffeine filled all-nighters and stressful days of essays and exams crept up inside of me as I received my high school diploma on graduation night, I realized that those four years are made of individual years, which are made of individual days, which are made of individual moments, and so on. I wish I could tell myself that as much as college seems to be a huge looming natural disaster that will cause an inevitable panic, the only way to survive these all important four years is to take it all one moment at a time.

Ashanti

No other school has students that have to work so hard, but there are a lot of opportunities for networking and getting co-ops and internships.

Freshman year, though adventure-filled, was not as exciting as I’d hoped. I didn’t run for leadership because I was afraid. I didn’t have the most engaging social life because I was shy. I failed to make half the connections I wanted. But this summer was different: I let go, did research, joined a design team, and made a ton of new friends. You see, I let fear stop me from having what could have been the best year of my life, and when I let go of that fear, a whole new, brighter world opened up. So I say to you, past me, don’t be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. Don’t be afraid of failure, and don’t be afraid of success. Don’t be afraid to dream, to hope, to love. I let so many wonderful opportunities pass me by because I was afraid, but I refuse to live in fear’s shadow anymore. I want you to live your life to the fullest. Be bold. Be brave. Because you are special, intelligent, and perfect just the way you are – and don’t you dare let anyone tell you otherwise.

A person that is very focused and is able to juggle multiple tasks at one time.

Hifza

Georgia Tech is a comeptitive and focused school that has excellent professors, amazing students, and even phenomenal reputation for being one of the best in the country! A degree from Georgia Tech will carry one far and it is very easy for students from GA Tech to easily get into internships and other opportunities when they come from this school becaue employers know we are more than prepared to handle anything they will through at us. Though this school is very difficult and challenging, it prepares you very well for the real world and hs an awesome return on investment!

If I was to go back in time, I would tell myself to really explore my passions early on, so that I can further build on them at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech has the resources and connections to help me succeed both professionally and academically, so the more prepared I am about my goals and interests, the more I can benefit from the resources at this school. I would also tell my younger self to outline a plan about how I will utilize my time at this phenomenal institution, both during the school year and in the summer. For instance, I would outline my plan with my course schedule as well as internships, leadership and extracurricular activities, research assistantships, and teaching assistantships to take part in. Additionally, I would tell my future self to live on-campus, so that I can study in groups and with friends as well as be a part of the vibrant campus community. Lastly, I would tell my younger self to join the Student Alumni Association, so that I can be paired with alumni who will be my mentors and help me navigate successfully through college and the job search process.

I love the fact that everyone here is very serious about their education and careers, all the way from the professors to the students. Though friendships and socialization are also important aspects of the college experience, it feels good to know that everyone has their end goals about their careers and jobs in sight. This makes for a very competitive environment at this school, which pushes you to be your best and excel. This is excellent preparation for the real world and employers know this when they come to recruit at our school. Go Yellow Jackets!!!

Nicholas

I would tell myself to be more abitious. Tech offers many amazing opportunities to its students. These opportunities include the ability to work hands on with Tech's renowned Faculty, or to attend career fairs and interviews with huge companies such as Exxon and Coca-Cola. All of these opportunities are extremely impressive and many high seniors, such as myself, may feel as though they are not fully prepared or courageous enough to fully take advantage of them. The fact is that even though these offers are highly esteemed, so are Tech students. I would have encouraged my self as a high school senior to be braver in pursuing all of the options available to me at my new or prospective college.

I wish I had known more about the research scholorship opportunities a Georgia Tech. I enrolled in undergraduate research my second semester at Tech and did not know about research scholarhips until a full year later. There are many great research scholarship opportunities available for Tech students, however, they are not well represented on campus.

This school is perfect for people who are very driven to do well academically and desire to have close relationships with industry leading companies. In addition Geargia Tech offers many cutting edge research opportunities. Many of these research opportunities allow you to work hands on with faculty memebers. The majority of the faculty members at Tech are well published and recognized as leaders in their individual fields. Campus life at Teh is vibrant and very accepting of all religions, races and ethnicities. You do need to work hard to succed here, but it is well worth it.

Katherine

Georgia Tech is an academically challenging school that provides its benefits after graduation, however challenging the course work is there is always an extracirricular.

Georgia Tech is best known for being an excellent engineering school.

My advice to myself would be to find a roommate that I live well and stick with them through college. Trying to adjust to different living styles on top of the heavy course load is mentally taxing. Also go seek career and major counseling first semester to make sure you're on the right track for you.

Most students at Georgia Tech are looking out only for themselves. Some are friendly, but most are there to make sure that they perform well and do not care at all about the success of others.

That I would be in this much debt, not be able to find the internships this school boasts about, and struggle academically to the point of depression.

To High School Brittany, Prepare for disappointment. You have never failed academically before in your life, you have strived to be valedictorian of your class this year, and now you are making your final decision for college. This is the big leagues. You will not make straight A's anymore. You will fail many tests, quizzes, and even a couple classes. This is a new experience for you I realize. You will struggle to keep your scholarships because of your slipping GPA. You will realize that it is almost impossible to get internships in Biomedical Engineering in the field you want. But I promise you, even though you will never be broken down more in your whole life up to this point, it will be worth it. You will make the greatest friends you have ever had. You will experience so many new things that you just can't get in high school. So even though you are scared to leave the state and travel down south for school, I will say one last thing. Prepare for disappointment, but it is worth it. College Brittany

David

Congratulations! You are about to embark on your first voyage into adulthood. But there is reason to be cautious. The greatest piece of advice I can give you is: remember why you are in school. You are here for your education. Your parents won't be texting you, telling you to come home. Your mom won't take your phone away if you skip class. Your dad won't scold you for getting a bad grade on a test. You are entirely on your own. College will provide you with a whole new world of opportunities, both positive and negative. Each and every day you will be faced with choices. There's a fraternity party tonight, but you have a physics assignment due at midnight. You have a calculus lecture at 8 a.m., but it's midnight and the Stacey from down the hall asked you to watch a movie with her. These new freedoms are exciting, but they should be experienced with care. Less than one percent of the world's population is given the opportunity to pursue a college education. Remember that when Stacey asks you to watch that movie.

This school is for people who are consistently able to remind themselves that a positive end result is worth the hard work right now. Students will be faced with a tremendous amount of work, but also given the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. High school students should consider Tech if they are interested in becoming elite engineers through hard work and dedication.

When people say that Georgia Tech has the toughest workload in the country, they are not exaggerating. Deciding to attend Georgia Tech is making the decision to accept several hours of homework each day and sometimes even stay in on the weekends to finish work or study. While this seems rather bleak, they are still a plethora of opportunities to get engaged and involved around campus. Those who are most successful on campus are individuals who do get involved, but are able to balance all these obligations at once.

Bradley

Georgia Tech is home to a variety of backgrounds, interests, and races, making it an extremely diverse campus with opportunities to understand different perspectives. Additionally, the campus is in the middle of Atlanta while still maintaining a relatively closed campus feel, which allows its students to both enjoy the beauty of the city while ignoring the busy, crowded portions.

The biggest change that I have seen in myself revolves around my newfound desire to branch out more and participate in events that make me uncomfortable; I truly believe doing so has made me a better person. So I would tell myself not simply in a general sense to try to do more, but to instead say “no” to less. Simply doing more may not have a direction or a purpose, while saying “no” to less implies there was an invitation to join someone in an action, to accompany another person to live out a situation they would otherwise either not do, or simply do without you. This allows you to accomplish more, create fulfilling memories, and strengthen relationships. While many times as a senior I enjoyed the simple routine of my life, and I was not fond of breaking out of what I considered to be comfortable, those moments were not memorable or important. So instead, I would urge my senior-year self to take that last year of high school and do things that my junior-year self would never do. To join others in new situations is what creates growth in self and an understanding of others.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.