Atlanta, GA
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

Hifza

Georgia Tech is a comeptitive and focused school that has excellent professors, amazing students, and even phenomenal reputation for being one of the best in the country! A degree from Georgia Tech will carry one far and it is very easy for students from GA Tech to easily get into internships and other opportunities when they come from this school becaue employers know we are more than prepared to handle anything they will through at us. Though this school is very difficult and challenging, it prepares you very well for the real world and hs an awesome return on investment!

If I was to go back in time, I would tell myself to really explore my passions early on, so that I can further build on them at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech has the resources and connections to help me succeed both professionally and academically, so the more prepared I am about my goals and interests, the more I can benefit from the resources at this school. I would also tell my younger self to outline a plan about how I will utilize my time at this phenomenal institution, both during the school year and in the summer. For instance, I would outline my plan with my course schedule as well as internships, leadership and extracurricular activities, research assistantships, and teaching assistantships to take part in. Additionally, I would tell my future self to live on-campus, so that I can study in groups and with friends as well as be a part of the vibrant campus community. Lastly, I would tell my younger self to join the Student Alumni Association, so that I can be paired with alumni who will be my mentors and help me navigate successfully through college and the job search process.

I love the fact that everyone here is very serious about their education and careers, all the way from the professors to the students. Though friendships and socialization are also important aspects of the college experience, it feels good to know that everyone has their end goals about their careers and jobs in sight. This makes for a very competitive environment at this school, which pushes you to be your best and excel. This is excellent preparation for the real world and employers know this when they come to recruit at our school. Go Yellow Jackets!!!

Nicholas

I would tell myself to be more abitious. Tech offers many amazing opportunities to its students. These opportunities include the ability to work hands on with Tech's renowned Faculty, or to attend career fairs and interviews with huge companies such as Exxon and Coca-Cola. All of these opportunities are extremely impressive and many high seniors, such as myself, may feel as though they are not fully prepared or courageous enough to fully take advantage of them. The fact is that even though these offers are highly esteemed, so are Tech students. I would have encouraged my self as a high school senior to be braver in pursuing all of the options available to me at my new or prospective college.

I wish I had known more about the research scholorship opportunities a Georgia Tech. I enrolled in undergraduate research my second semester at Tech and did not know about research scholarhips until a full year later. There are many great research scholarship opportunities available for Tech students, however, they are not well represented on campus.

This school is perfect for people who are very driven to do well academically and desire to have close relationships with industry leading companies. In addition Geargia Tech offers many cutting edge research opportunities. Many of these research opportunities allow you to work hands on with faculty memebers. The majority of the faculty members at Tech are well published and recognized as leaders in their individual fields. Campus life at Teh is vibrant and very accepting of all religions, races and ethnicities. You do need to work hard to succed here, but it is well worth it.

Katherine

Georgia Tech is an academically challenging school that provides its benefits after graduation, however challenging the course work is there is always an extracirricular.

Georgia Tech is best known for being an excellent engineering school.

My advice to myself would be to find a roommate that I live well and stick with them through college. Trying to adjust to different living styles on top of the heavy course load is mentally taxing. Also go seek career and major counseling first semester to make sure you're on the right track for you.

Most students at Georgia Tech are looking out only for themselves. Some are friendly, but most are there to make sure that they perform well and do not care at all about the success of others.

To High School Brittany, Prepare for disappointment. You have never failed academically before in your life, you have strived to be valedictorian of your class this year, and now you are making your final decision for college. This is the big leagues. You will not make straight A's anymore. You will fail many tests, quizzes, and even a couple classes. This is a new experience for you I realize. You will struggle to keep your scholarships because of your slipping GPA. You will realize that it is almost impossible to get internships in Biomedical Engineering in the field you want. But I promise you, even though you will never be broken down more in your whole life up to this point, it will be worth it. You will make the greatest friends you have ever had. You will experience so many new things that you just can't get in high school. So even though you are scared to leave the state and travel down south for school, I will say one last thing. Prepare for disappointment, but it is worth it. College Brittany

That I would be in this much debt, not be able to find the internships this school boasts about, and struggle academically to the point of depression.

David

Congratulations! You are about to embark on your first voyage into adulthood. But there is reason to be cautious. The greatest piece of advice I can give you is: remember why you are in school. You are here for your education. Your parents won't be texting you, telling you to come home. Your mom won't take your phone away if you skip class. Your dad won't scold you for getting a bad grade on a test. You are entirely on your own. College will provide you with a whole new world of opportunities, both positive and negative. Each and every day you will be faced with choices. There's a fraternity party tonight, but you have a physics assignment due at midnight. You have a calculus lecture at 8 a.m., but it's midnight and the Stacey from down the hall asked you to watch a movie with her. These new freedoms are exciting, but they should be experienced with care. Less than one percent of the world's population is given the opportunity to pursue a college education. Remember that when Stacey asks you to watch that movie.

When people say that Georgia Tech has the toughest workload in the country, they are not exaggerating. Deciding to attend Georgia Tech is making the decision to accept several hours of homework each day and sometimes even stay in on the weekends to finish work or study. While this seems rather bleak, they are still a plethora of opportunities to get engaged and involved around campus. Those who are most successful on campus are individuals who do get involved, but are able to balance all these obligations at once.

This school is for people who are consistently able to remind themselves that a positive end result is worth the hard work right now. Students will be faced with a tremendous amount of work, but also given the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. High school students should consider Tech if they are interested in becoming elite engineers through hard work and dedication.

Bradley

Georgia Tech is home to a variety of backgrounds, interests, and races, making it an extremely diverse campus with opportunities to understand different perspectives. Additionally, the campus is in the middle of Atlanta while still maintaining a relatively closed campus feel, which allows its students to both enjoy the beauty of the city while ignoring the busy, crowded portions.

The biggest change that I have seen in myself revolves around my newfound desire to branch out more and participate in events that make me uncomfortable; I truly believe doing so has made me a better person. So I would tell myself not simply in a general sense to try to do more, but to instead say “no” to less. Simply doing more may not have a direction or a purpose, while saying “no” to less implies there was an invitation to join someone in an action, to accompany another person to live out a situation they would otherwise either not do, or simply do without you. This allows you to accomplish more, create fulfilling memories, and strengthen relationships. While many times as a senior I enjoyed the simple routine of my life, and I was not fond of breaking out of what I considered to be comfortable, those moments were not memorable or important. So instead, I would urge my senior-year self to take that last year of high school and do things that my junior-year self would never do. To join others in new situations is what creates growth in self and an understanding of others.

Allison

I would tell my high school self to not focus on one school. I only applied to one school, only looked at a total of two. I love my current college, but I wonder if I missed out. -Also, remember to apply for scholarships. They are out there, waiting for someone to grab them. Please apply for them. Don't be lazy! -Go with your heart. People will try to talk youout of going to your "dream school" or going for your "dream major". Go for it. Don't let them talk you out of it. This is the start of your possible career. You have control. This is your dream, your start. -Remember to relax and have fun. It gets stressful over the next year. Enjoy senior year, but keep it in balance.

Someone who wants to attend a gigantic school. DelVal is a decent sized school, but gives you the small school feeling. We're all close. Definitely not a large school!

The diversity of DelVal. So much diversity: in people, professors and students, as well as their majors. We have majors that are rare in most colleges (Equine Studies/Science). It's definitely what I brag about.

Nicolas

Take classes related to what you will see in college, or at least expect to do a lot of while you are there. I had not taken Chemistry since my sophomore year in high school, and I went into college knowing full well that I would have to take at least four consecutive semesters of Chemistry. Right off the bat, I knew that I would struggle because I did not have as much recent experience with Chemistry as some of my classmates did. Luckily, I was able to learn the material fast enough to catch up with them; however, looking back, it would have been nice to not have to re-learn how to do the basics and been able to focus more on things that impacted my grade a bit more.

There isn't much that I would consider particularly bad about this school. If I had to choose one thing, however, it would be the workload. The professors expect everyone to complete the assignments given, regardless of lack of preparation or level of difficulty. They expect you to know the material ahead of time and come prepared to class ready to answer whatever questions they have for you. Outside of class, they expect you to complete the assigned homework, study the material covered in class, and prepare for future lectures.

Only dedicated, hard-working individuals should choose Georgia Tech. There is a lot of wok, so if a student wants to do well in school, be able to join a few clubs and organizations around campus, and still have time to share with friends and family, he or she must be really wise about time-management and organization. Don't expect to get by in this school if you did so in high school.

Kyle

Someone who listens to their heart more than their brain. A person who doesn't think logically has no place here, but that person must also be social enough to avoid becoming an outcast. If one does not like science, technology, engineering and mathematics, with particular emphasis on engineering and science, then that person should not attend this school.

I would tell myself to take AP Biology instead of AP Literature, since biology credit is accepted at Georgia Tech. In addition, I would encourage myself to look for companies in the chemical industry that allow high school students to work for them. That job experience would help immensely while searching for internships at college. Clubs are another important factor, whether they are at high school or as a student member in some national organization, because they help build personal and professional relationships. Scholarships are probably the biggest factor of them all, so I would plead with my past self to look for more of them during his senior year. HOPE and Zell Miller are nice, but engineering grade point averages always suffer, so it would be critical to find other big scholarships that are only offered to high school students. Beyond academics, I would tell my past self to shave his face more, get a shorter haircut, and date more so that he was not so far behind in socializing with others.

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.