Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus

The best thing about Georgia Tech is that it provides students with every possible opportunity to succeed. Whether providing work experience through various internships and co-ops, cultural experience through the Study Abroad and International Studies Program, or academic experience through research studies and a well-qualified academic staff, Georgia Tech provides every opportunity a student needs to succeed and pursue his passion. Students are allowed to explore their surroundings and the opportunities present around them. They are allowed to make their own educational path, one that benefits them the most and provides them with the greatest academic success.

My school's greatest attributes are its' educational assistance and its' ability to provide numerous incredible opportunities. With all of the help on campus, including: professor's office hours, free tutoring, PLUS sessions, writing/communications lab, math and science help desks, and the Teaching Assistants. There is always help readily accessible if you need it and at an academically rigorous school like Tech, it helps a lot. Also, Tech's reputation allows for students to succeed outside of the classroom as major companies, like Google, Microsoft, and Boeing to name a few, are fervently recruiting us.

The school spirirt presented at Georgia Tech allows groups that come from all walks of life to unify as though they has been friends for ages. This is important in the stressful environment that Tech presents. It allows all religious, ethnic, and sexual oriented groups to feel more comfortable around each other and more willing to be open with each other. This allows our students to be more assimilated and work together to overcome academic difficulties. in a school as diverse as Tech, this allows our students to build confidence in dealing with other people before entering the business world.

The best thing about Georgia Tech is that it's a college in every sense of the word. There is pride, there is alcohol, and there is the stereotypical college experience that everyone has in their four, five, six years of college. And within this college is something better than the best thing: a community. Imagine 12,000 undergraduates, every one of them equally gifted with intelligence. Now imagine that this community also encompasses every type of student imaginable. Here, ideas and ideals are allowed to mingle to create an enriching student body - and everyone starts the same.

I love the fact that everyone here is very serious about their education and careers, all the way from the professors to the students. Though friendships and socialization are also important aspects of the college experience, it feels good to know that everyone has their end goals about their careers and jobs in sight. This makes for a very competitive environment at this school, which pushes you to be your best and excel. This is excellent preparation for the real world and employers know this when they come to recruit at our school. Go Yellow Jackets!!!

Everyone at my school seems to have a general understanding and appreciation for what Tech is. They all know how challenging most of the classes are and how their GPAs at Tech are unlikely to be anywhere near what they were in high school and that there will be countless nights with little to know sleep. Overall, the school has a generally cynical yet humorous understanding of the challenges that face the students, which tends to bind students together as a larger community. It's kind of hard to describe; you have to be there.

I consider the wide range of opportunities being the best thing about my school. The reason why I say that is because given the face that I love sports and my studies equally, I need both of them in my life. My school offers so many different intermural and places to play any sport you can think of to play on your spare time. On top of all the sports opportunities they also also offer many people and places to help you succed with your studies. They want to see you succed in your studies and have fun also.

One of the many highlights about Georgia Institute of Technology is its proximity to such a busy city like Atlanta. By being so close to a business area, there are many recruiters and companies nearby that you are able to visit. It is a large school and almost everyone has heard of it. There are many parks and restaurants nearby if you ever need a study break. By being so close to a city, yet semi secluded, you are guaranteed to be safe but still have all the benefits of Atlanta's business district.

The best thing about my school is the difficulty and talents of students. Georgia Tech is one of best engineering school in the country, and by default it have some of the most talented and gifted students. From my spective, I was on the wait list, which means I was on the bottom end of the spectrum. I was intimitaed but I was not defeated. I learned that through hard work and deciation, I was able to do the work and pass the test. Georgia Tech brought out the best of me and other students here.

Although the school is notoriously known for its academic rigor, the feeling of accomplishment when you do well is unparallel. I love that my inclination to always work hard is celebrated here both by the university and prospective employers that understand the challenges Georgia Tech students face. However, even though there is a great push to academically succeed at Tech, there is a certain camaraderie that exists between peers that makes those long nights in the library bearable.