Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Allen

What advice would I give myself as a high school senior for college? I would tell myself not to stress about work as much and not to push myself too hard. School work comes first so working 40 hours a week along with school is doable but it is going to take a lot out of you. Try to stick to a part time job and study a lot. It isn't going to be easy but it will be worth it in the end. No matter what anyone else says, chase your dream. You have to strive to accomplish your goals. Never give up and always have faith in yourself. That is the advice I would give myself for college.

Davis

GSU is a great school for someone who wants a small town but a large university.

If I could go and tell myself anything before I left high school early as a senior and went off to college I would tell myself to stay focused and to not get distracted by the "new world" that was college. It isn't a big enough deal that you're in college to allow yoru grades to slip. I would also warn myself to avoid being distracted by the possiblity of a relationship. Just because you're out of small little Claxton, GA does not mean that every guy is gay and into you. Focus on YOU and what this experience is doing. I feel like I would also tell myself to get involved in things on campus much, MUCH sooner rather than coming in halfway through the second semester just to be "that awkward new guy". If I had been involved with my campus ministry sooner I would have been much closer with some of my current best friends and would have been able to make even better memories! Last, I would remind myself that it's okay to mess up and it's okay to give a wrong answer in class. Don't worry so much!

Some one who is willing to meet new people and learn. Also someone who want to have fun in the process.

Brian

When I was a teenager, I always believed that I had time to put things off. In my head, time would never cease to move forward, so why do something now when you could do it later? All of that changed instantly my freshman year of college. If I could tell my high school self-one thing it would be don’t wait to get anything done. Procrastination leads down a road of unsatisfactory results. I had transitioned from a world where simple tasks were constantly being watched by your high school teachers, to a world where every single decision that you are faced with is totally up to you. I never had so much control over my life, in my life! Everything totally depended on all the decisions I made. And at first, it caught me off guard. I was completely overwhelmed by the seemingly endless amount of papers to write, books to read, and of course, social events to attend. So as a result, my grades suffered a bit more than I would have liked them to. In conclusion, if you have free time to do something, do it right then to reduce worry about it later on.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it feels that the school is in the middle of nowhere sometimes. Not a huge city life.

Again, I would have to say the location of the school. There isn't a wide selection of things to do outside of the University grounds.

Georgia Southern is a school that is the main focus of the town, which places an importance on it and its students such that the students feel like what they are doing is worth while.

I would tell myself to not worry about what impressions you're going to make on other people. Be yourself to the best of your ability because the real you is going to come out, and the people who you feel like you can be yourself around are going to be your best friends. Hang on to these people and invest in their friendships. The people you invest in and get to know will be the best time you spend in college because not only will you find happiness in them and their friendship, but you will also have the opportunity to be an impact in other peoples' lives in ways that you couldn't even imagine in high school. You have something unique to bring to this college. Don't try to hide it.

Someone who wants to go to a school in a big city

Cherrelle

The quality of the campus up keep and on campus housing. The university is continuing to imporve itself and upgrade academic buildings.

High School can either excite you or frighten you about your first year in college. My advice to myself, if I can go back in time, is be excited! Excitement is raised from the knowledge that you will acquire and independence that you will have to be embrace. That college fund that your parents may have been working on, may no longer exist by the time you graduate. No need to worry about your parents’ expenses because there are countless scholarships that are open to high school seniors that will assist tuition and supply costs. Saving and smart spending is an important concept that you should learn because it will be used almost everyday. Students are easily manipulated that suggested textbooks and supplies are absolutely necessary and must be purchased from the university store, which usually sells overpriced items. A way to avoid excessive spending is to seek out every source around campus and online. The best prices and deals are usually located on Internet-based stores. Don’t let money stress you out too much! While your attending college, stay up to date with events and fairs that are happening and are usually free and fueled by entertainment.

I'm not really sure. Living is an learning experience. Maybe I will make sure that was more social and participated in more events.

Alexis

Everyone around is really proud to be apart of Eagle Nation.

Everyone around is really proud to be apart of Eagle Nation.

I would tell myself to look at all of my options before choosing where I want to go. Dont just choose it because of the varsity sport I play but look at other factors.

It was a place where tradition is a big thing. They care abou the old tradition of the school and keep the Eagle Nation pride going.

If I could back to high school and talk to myself, I would tell myself to learn how to study. Explain that while friends are great and imprtant in their own way they are no substitution for an education. Stick with it and work at it. Ramen noodles are good and there is nothing you can't cook in a microwave. You need a roommate who is serious. If you have a roommate with the same personality it will not work out at all for education. You will end up quitting after your first year and when you go back it will be harder and it will be your money, so do it now and try hard. You need to be busy and it is a good idea to work. I would also tell myself go to the doctor, you have ADHD and once treated you will function a lot better and be able to pass your classes easily. You will exceed everyone expectations if you try just a little and it is worth it.

Kellie

People are friendly and the professors are very helpful.

People are friendly and the professors are very helpful.

Make the decision based on what you want to go to school for. Do not base it off what your parents, family and friends want you to do. It is your decision; not theirs. Money should not keep you from being what you want to be. Believe in yourself and everything will fall into place from there. College is nothing like high school. It is so much better. There is more opportunities, friends and freedom. Live your social life to the fullest. Study hard from week to week and party in between. College is suppose to be the best part of your life, so live a little.

Someone who cant keep up with their classes.

Madeline

I would advise myself to not attend Georgia Southern. I love the university and do not wish to transfer anywhere else but I have decided to pursue an art major and need to go to an art school. I am very sad to leave because Southern is an amazing school that is growing everyday both in number of students and prestige. I would not change the path I took because I learned so much and confirmed my need to go to an art school. I will miss the university and I advise others to attend!

The best thing about this school is the school in general. Georgia Southern is an amazing school and I high suggest people to attend! I loved all my classes and made long lasting friends. I learned so much not just in school but also in life wether it be boys, patying, friendship, gossip, and juggling everything as well as dealing with courses.

The worst thing about southern is the heat. It gets unbearably hot in the summer and you feel as though you may melt!

Joshua

The typical stereotype of the students at the school is "partiers, drinkers, and greek life". This is semi-correct. By this, I mean that the stereotype is definitely alive down here; however, it's not prominent. If you don't want to be in the crowd, it's easy not to be. The student body is very diverse and there's something for everyone.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.